Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Teryl Austin.
(10-28-2018, 09:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Defense gets tired when there on the field all the time. This is common football knowledge.

So you're saying that our D is tired in the 1st quarter? They pretty much cannot stop anyone the entire game.....
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He’s incomparably bad. A Madden cheat code for the other team’s offense.

No reason to endure this guy for another game. Bye week coming. Perfect time for it.

Here here!!!

I agree, perfect time to fire Austin and bring in a couple players via trade.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He’s incomparably bad. A Madden cheat code for the other team’s offense.

No reason to endure this guy for another game. Bye week coming. Perfect time for it.

I can't agree more.  Teryl Austin is a bum . He is destroying this defense.  
This is in no way an indictment on the players.  I love this team.  And love our defensive personnel.  That's why being a lousy defense is quite a feat by Austin.
I was expecting great things from this D.  Our D-line is stacked.  Quality players from top to bottom.  We can't continue giving up 600 yards a game.  No way we will be successful or do anything in the playoffs if we need to score 35 every week to win.
Didn't Austin do the same thing in Detroit?
They were pretty stacked when they had Suh, etc.  And that D got dismantled thanks to Austin.
We are on Pace to be the worst D of all time...which blows my mind lol.  
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/285746/bengals-on-pace-for-a-historically-bad-defense
Reply/Quote
I just wanted to add to Austin apologists, he is emphasizing turnovers, and the Bengals had 4 takeaways against Tampa..and still almost lost. his philosophy doesn't work with the Bengals personnel, especially give the fact the Bengals have weak backers and the secondary have some inconsistency at CB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I just wanted to add to Austin apologists, he is emphasizing turnovers, and the Bengals had 4 takeaways against Tampa..and still almost lost.  his philosophy doesn't work with the Bengals personnel, especially give the fact the Bengals have weak backers and the secondary have some inconsistency at CB.

Oh there's consistency at CB.. Consistently bad.. Namely Kirkpatrick 
Reply/Quote
Mikey hates paying coaches if they are no longer here. Worse than that, in the case of Austin, ML would have to admit this change was a mistake. And ML is the one who was touting change so much when Mikey was not.

Rock meet Hard Place. Austin stays.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:08 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Mikey hates paying coaches if they are no longer here. Worse than that, in the case of Austin, ML would have to admit this change was a mistake. And ML is the one who was touting change so much when Mikey was not.

Rock meet Hard Place. Austin stays.

Would you want Guenther back? I know Oaklands D isn't setting the world on fire, but he has no one on that D. I liked Guenther honestly.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF 

402 yds, 21 first downs, 5 scoring drives is plenty of offense.

Defense allowed 576 yards, 29 first downs, 6 scoring drives.

Yeah, but the offense looked horrendous the second half.   Tampa, not known for their defense, seemed to solve their problems with our offense in the 2nd half - at least until that final drive.

Defensive backfield looked lost most of the game, but managed to score the only touchdown the in the 2nd half.  

Both sides of the ball made their claims for contributions and blame.   576 yards and 29 first downs is scary.   But they also got several sacks and four interceptions.   Four straight 3 and outs in the 2nd half against one of the worst defenses in the NFL is pretty glaring, and puts your defense in the hole big time.

Pretty unhealthy competition I'd say.
Reply/Quote
Cleveland fires Hue and Haley..... Tyrel Austin (architect if one of the worst defenses in NFL HISTORY) still at work today.
Reply/Quote
This is perhaps a petty thing to hold against the guy (Lord knows there are a number of valid reasons to hate the job he's doing), but the fact that he's up in the box and not down on the sideline irks me for some reason.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There is no one on the Bengals' coaching staff that can take over DC other than Marvin Lewis.  Lewis would have to do a dual role of HC and DC until next season if they can find someone to replace Austin.

Browns fired Haley and Hue Jackson. It can be done. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:29 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, but the offense looked horrendous the second half.   Tampa, not known for their defense, seemed to solve their problems with our offense in the 2nd half - at least until that final drive.

Defensive backfield looked lost most of the game, but managed to score the only touchdown the in the 2nd half.  

Both sides of the ball made their claims for contributions and blame.   576 yards and 29 first downs is scary.   But they also got several sacks and four interceptions.   Four straight 3 and outs in the 2nd half against one of the worst defenses in the NFL is pretty glaring, and puts your defense in the hole big time.

Pretty unhealthy competition I'd say.

Yeah I can't defend the defense in the 4th quarter. They were just awful.

But at the same time the offense didn't help them either. Their first 1st down of second half was was with 5 minutes to go in the game. Then punted in 4 plays from that. Offense didn't have to have scoring drives, just get a few first downs to kill some clock, and they failed doing that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:41 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Oh there's consistency at CB.. Consistently bad.. Namely Kirkpatrick 

2nd best CB on the field yesterday, arguably the best.

Evans was 4-12 or something, when Dre was in coverage on him; that's pretty damn good.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan or Del Rio should have been brought in as LB coach and a fallback option if Austin failed.

Austin was handed the keys to a Porsche (albeit one getting up there in mileage) and drove it into a ditch.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So you're saying that our D is tired in the 1st quarter? They pretty much cannot stop anyone the entire game.....

I don't know about that, but clearly, they get gassed after 1st and 2nd downs considering their horrendous ineptitude on 3rd downs.  Whatever

For the record, I'm in the "fire Austin" camp.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rex Ryan or Del Rio should have been brought in as LB coach and a fallback option if Austin failed.

Austin was handed the keys to a Porsche (albeit one getting up there in mileage) and drove it into a ditch.

You dont bring them guys in as a LB coach. They are brought in as the DC at the least, if not as an outright replacement to Marvin as HC. And they definitely would have been a better hire as DC than Austin was, not even close.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
What ever happened with Del Rio?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:34 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Cleveland fires Hue and Haley..... Tyrel Austin (architect if one of the worst defenses in NFL HISTORY) still at work today.

calm down its a bye week so they might make a move.    This defense is generating turnovers though....  they are very much give and take
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I just wanted to add to Austin apologists, he is emphasizing turnovers, and the Bengals had 4 takeaways against Tampa..and still almost lost.  his philosophy doesn't work with the Bengals personnel, especially give the fact the Bengals have weak backers and the secondary have some inconsistency at CB.

yeah part of the problem is health at linebacker...

We are starting Hardison for petes sake...

CB is banged up a bit too...    I don't know if the secondary issues is CB or Safteys as those blown deep plays is what a Saftey is suppose to stop.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: You dont bring them guys in as a LB coach. They are brought in as the DC at the least, if not as an outright replacement to Marvin as HC. And they definitely would have been a better hire as DC than Austin was, not even close.

Beats being unemployed. And does a solid for a good friend (Marvin) with an assistant coach title. Why not? They both were excellent lb coaches under Marvin, and need to rebuild their rep.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote