Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Teryl Austin.
Why hasn’t he been fired yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 11:28 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Why hasn’t he been fired yet.

Because they’re 5-3, and in the playoff hunt.

Are there many examples of a coach being fired mid season in a similar situation?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:54 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25122438/2018-nfl-cleveland-browns-why-hue-jackson-had-go-be-coaching-baker-mayfield-next

Listed as a possible Cleveland Head Coach candidate! We might get lucky...

Oh man, that would be EPICALLY GOOD NEWS!
Reply/Quote
Dorsey is no dummy. They’re not going to hire Austin.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dorsey is no dummy. They’re not going to hire Austin.

Come on, we can dream, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because they’re 5-3, and in the playoff hunt.

Are there many examples of a coach being fired mid season in a similar situation?

Also, In 2015, the Lions had an awful Defense. After the bye week, they settled down and went 6-2 the rest of the way. So he's shown he has the ability to fix things, just not the ability to be consistently good. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:25 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Also, In 2015, the Lions had an awful Defense. After the bye week, they settled down and went 6-2 the rest of the way. So he's shown he has the ability to fix things, just not the ability to be consistently good. 
Eh-hem...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Eh-hem...

I know...  Mellow

Not saying it'll happen, but it has happened.  Ninja

Ok, enough with the mind pretzels lol
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because they’re 5-3, and in the playoff hunt.

The 2012 Ravens fired their OC when they were 9-4 and went on to win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:16 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I know...  Mellow

Not saying it'll happen, but it has happened.  Ninja

Ok, enough with the mind pretzels lol

My apologies; I meant that I posted the same thing Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: My apologies; I meant that I posted the same thing Wink

Not surprising. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The 2012 Ravens fired their OC when they were 9-4 and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Interesting. Who was the replacement? Cause that’s a big part of the problem. We really only have one viable option in Haslett, and nobody would be all that excited about that. Guess it couldn’t be much worse though.

We know damn well Mike Brown isn’t paying a coach not to work when the team is 5-3 though. Guess that’s why the Ravens have won 2 SB’s to our 0.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Interesting. Who was the replacement? Cause that’s a big part of the problem. We really only have one viable option in Haslett, and nobody would be all that excited about that. Guess it couldn’t be much worse though.

We know damn well Mike Brown isn’t paying a coach not to work when the team is 5-3 though. Guess that’s why the Ravens have won 2 SB’s to our 0.

Fired Cam Cameron and promoted Jim Caldwell, who as the QBs coach and then won the SB.  Kinda like what we did, except they won the SB instead of having the worst offense in the NFL leading their fans to claim the season didn't count.
Reply/Quote
Is he fired yet
Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin is hiding behind our record at 5-3 record by saying "hey, count the w's and not the L's, that's all that matters" this guys an idiot. I give all the credit to Bill Lazor and our offense being able to put up enough points to carry Teryl Austins awful gameplan week after week. Can we fire this bozo already? I know Lazors gotta be pissed about the defense not being able to stop ANYONE and him having to carry Teryl on his back. I think players on D are looking at Teryl like he's garbage too saying we should have gave up 800 yards if it wasn't for Winston throwing 4 picks. Teryl Austin's TRASH
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:23 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Teryl Austin is hiding behind our record at 5-3 record by saying "hey, count the w's and not the L's, that's all that matters" this guys an idiot. I give all the credit to Bill Lazor and our offense being able to put up enough points to carry Teryl Austins awful gameplan week after week. Can we fire this bozo already?

Need to, this is just a ridiculous thing to say.

Accountability is the #1 thing a coach needs to have.

This shows none.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:23 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Teryl Austin is hiding behind our record at 5-3 record by saying "hey, count the w's and not the L's, that's all that matters" this guys an idiot. I give all the credit to Bill Lazor and our offense being able to put up enough points to carry Teryl Austins awful gameplan week after week. Can we fire this bozo already?

I think Austin and NFL Defensive Coordinators in general have to adjust to the modern NFL.

Our offense is kind of viewed as a juggernaut by some...but really we have I think 3 defensive TD's and a decent bit of our TD's come from Turnovers.

I think it's fair to say that both sides of the ball need some improvement. On offense, the line could absolutely play better in both pass blocking and run blocking. It's just not as horrible as last year, but it's not even average.
Reply/Quote
Our offense is ranked 23rd in the league.
Reply/Quote
Forgive me all, I like our Defense. Their stats are definitely not the best, but they have chemistry and come up big in enough games to give us the win or chance for the offense to win us the game.

Defense, if you're reading this, keep the faith and seize the dey. You're just have upwards to get better.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:55 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Forgive me all, I like our Defense. Their stats  are definitely not the best, but they have chemistry and come up big in enough games to give us the win or chance for the offense to win us the game.

Defense, if you're reading this, keep the faith and seize the dey. You're just have upwards to get better.

I think with the defense, against average, below average, and mediocre QB's...they're going to force turnovers.

Against the Roethlisberger's and other good to great QB's...they likely won't and those guys will shred us.

Like the chances of Drew Brees turning the ball over 5 times against us are really low. Could it happen? Sure. But, chances are it won't.

QB's that we're likely to see in the playoffs aren't likely to turn the ball over 4-5 times a game against us.
Reply/Quote