Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fire Zac now and let Darrin Simmons finish the year
Its gonna be tough for whoever the coach is with Burrow being out but Zac has to go. Let Simmons audition and see what he can do the rest of the season. Fire Lou as well and let Duffner call the defense
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:52 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Its gonna be tough for whoever the coach is with Burrow being out but Zac has to go. Let Simmons audition and see what he can do the rest of the season. Fire Lou as well and let Duffner call the defense

No. Simmons is a relic of marvball. His special teams unit played just like Marvin’s teams did against the Steelers. No thanks.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: No. Simmons is a relic of marvball. His special teams unit played just like Marvin’s teams did against the Steelers. No thanks.

Right on & Simmons is a relic of Bengaldom. I'm fine if he finishes out the year as interim-head coach, but he shouldn't be the long term solution. The Brown's need to be creative and hire an up-and-coming young offense mind.... errrrr. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: No. Simmons is a relic of marvball. His special teams unit played just like Marvin’s teams did against the Steelers. No thanks.

Yeah, hard pass for me as well. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

It's simply for the rest of the season. They can let Brian Callahan call the offensive and Duffner or Golden call the defense. I only include Golden because he's been supposedly calling the 3rd down plays or whatever, but I have not been impressed with him, so I would prefer he doesn't.

Taylor, Turner, and Anarumo need to go.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Before Burrow's injury on Sunday Simmons' special teams unit was the weak link: Erickson juggling punts, Bullock missing an extra point and a 30 yard field goal.

I'm not opposed to firings but they need to start with Tobin.
Reply/Quote
I'm onboard with what Ocho said yesterday. Keep the clown show going because there's now a very high probability we lose out.

And then maybe, just maybe, MB will come to his senses. Perhaps 4-27-1 plus breaking his new shiny toy and getting swept by the Browns and the division will convince him he has to go find a real HC ?

Ok I'm done dreaming.
Reply/Quote
Have Burrow call the plays from the sideline in a protective case.
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen....
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Right on & Simmons is a relic of Bengaldom. I'm fine if he finishes out the year as interim-head coach, but he shouldn't be the long term solution. The Brown's need to be creative and hire an up-and-coming young offense mind.... errrrr. 

Was Zac really considered an “up-and-coming young offensive mind”? I thought it was an underwhelming, puzzling hire. Mainly because Zac’s overall body of work was, shall we say... less than impressive.

I knew Zac from his days at UC during the Tuberville Tyranny era. They singlehandedly ruined any chance Gunner Kiel had at a future in football.

I was apprehensive. I didn’t hate the hire then, mainly because I was the biggest hater of Marvin on this board. But I sure as hell hate the hire now.

It should have been Bienemy then, and there’s still an outside chance it could be this January. Let us pray....
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:20 PM)Destro Wrote: Have Burrow call the plays from the sideline in a protective case.

Now I have an image in my head of Joe Burrow with a playbook, sitting in a glass cage like Magneto, or Hannibal Lector.
Reply/Quote
What the Bengals need for the rest of the season is a head coach who has proven that he knows how to lose ballgames to ensure a higher draft pick. Fortunately, they already have that head coach in place.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I knew Zac from his days at UC during the Tuberville Tyranny era. They singlehandedly ruined any chance Gunner Kiel had at a future in football.

This.

I'm a bigger UC fan than any other team, and that was one of the most puzzling seasons I can ever remeber.

Kiel was being talked as a Heisman candidate prior to the season, and he went from an absolute stud to a complete nobody.  There were rumors of stuff going on behind the scenes, but it still made no sense why they ruined him like that.  I think he finally got in late in the year, and when the game was totally out of reach.  They basically sent him in there to get murdered for a quarter.

The whole year was terrible.  Think Zac's offense finished 114 out of 120 in FBS.  And this was offense that actually gave Ohio State a pretty good game the year prior, losing like 51-36.

When I saw his name being floated for HC jobs I was schocked.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Was Zac really considered an “up-and-coming young offensive mind”? I thought it was an underwhelming, puzzling hire. Mainly because Zac’s overall body of work was, shall we say... less than impressive.

I knew Zac from his days at UC during the Tuberville Tyranny era. They singlehandedly ruined any chance Gunner Kiel had at a future in football.

I was apprehensive. I didn’t hate the hire then, mainly because I was the biggest hater of Marvin on this board. But I sure as hell hate the hire now.

It should have been Bienemy then, and there’s still an outside chance it could be this January. Let us pray....

I'd never heard of him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Was Zac really considered an “up-and-coming young offensive mind”? I thought it was an underwhelming, puzzling hire. Mainly because Zac’s overall body of work was, shall we say... less than impressive.

Hell if I know, I'm just a fan. That's what the Bengals organization tried to sell us fans on-- New Day!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm onboard with what Ocho said yesterday. Keep the clown show going because there's now a very high probability we lose out.

And then maybe, just maybe, MB will come to his senses. Perhaps 4-27-1 plus breaking his new shiny toy and getting swept by the Browns and the division will convince him he has to go find a real HC ?

Ok I'm done dreaming.

We're losing out regardless of who we play....lol. Remember last season with Finley at the helm? 
Reply/Quote
Nothing to gain by firing Zac now.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hell if I know, I'm just a fan. That's what the Bengals organization tried to sell us fans on-- New Day!

There was some talk among league insiders and some teams. It wasn't a great length of time, or really widely known though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: No. Simmons is a relic of marvball. His special teams unit played just like Marvin’s teams did against the Steelers. No thanks.

It would be worth for now just to get rid of Zac.I’m tired of looking at this guy.Then pick up a real Head Coach in the off-season.
Reply/Quote

Didn't Marvin beat the Steelers once, though?
Reply/Quote