Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 4 Rounds - Dream Scenario
I'll preface this with the fact that this is unlikely certain players will be available when taken, but I've seen players climb and drop in a hurry before, so here it goes:

Round 1 - Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Round 2 - Billy Price, C, Ohio State (might need to move up a hair to grab him)

Round 3 - Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (groom to replace AD - serious potential and NFL build)

Round 4 - Ogboniia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma

I still think we would still need to take a S, WR and possibly addition OL the remaining rounds, but I would be ecstatic given the early round picks if this were to occur.
Reply/Quote
Sounds good to me. I'd probably pick up a LB in free agency as well. I'd also consider moving Kirkpatrick into the Safety position, at least to try it out.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:24 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I'll preface this with the fact that this is unlikely certain players will be available when taken, but I've seen players climb and drop in a hurry before, so here it goes:

Round 1 - Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Round 3 - Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (groom to replace AD - serious potential and NFL build)

I still think we would still need to take a S, WR and possibly addition OL the remaining rounds, but I would be ecstatic given the early round picks if this were to occur.

i freely admit i know squat about M.Rudolph....same w/ your rd #4 pick...
i LOVE the first 2 picks.....
SF 49-ers may pick Nelson to protect Jimmy G.
but as you said, in the draft sometimes ppl rise & fall unexpectedly....
i see no way Price will be there for us in rd #2....but i sure hope he is....i'd love to have him as our new OC
Reply/Quote
This would work for me, but we must, by some act of God, sign a very good OT in FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:49 PM)whodey1967 Wrote: This would work for me, but we must, by some act of God, sign a very good OT in FA.

There's no ot. Best one is Nate solder.
Reply/Quote
Great one but I'd rather have raquan smith or Derwin James in the first. And getting the best qb I the draft in the third Is a steal.
Reply/Quote
Whatever round, Josh Allen (Wyoming) falls into our lap.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
That is my dream first 2
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:47 PM)Steve Wrote: i freely admit i know squat about M.Rudolph....same w/ your rd #4 pick...
i LOVE the first 2 picks.....
SF 49-ers may pick Nelson to protect Jimmy G.
but as you said, in the draft sometimes ppl rise & fall unexpectedly....
i see no way Price will be there for us in rd #2....but i sure hope he is....i'd love to have him as our new OC

I have seen him play a handful of games this year (albeit, they were his better games). He is 6'5 230 with a cannon for an arm. Showed some inconsistency in a few games apparently, but just seems like he's always in control. I'm hoping he is there in the 3rd round but if he could slide up as well. Link to some more info: http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/27/mason-rudolph-nfl-draft-profile/

Ogbonnia from Oklahoma is 6'1, 240. Low center of gravity tank that has some serious quickness. My bias on him is coming from the last few OK games I watched. He can chase down RB's to the outside, as well as hang with receivers in the middle of the field on crossing routes.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:39 PM)Jpoore Wrote: There's no ot. Best one is Nate solder.

about a week ago I saw a mock that said N.E. might go OT in rd #1 b'c they need to replace Nate Solder....they said he's old & tired.....has to go....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:16 AM)mroudfly Wrote: I have seen him play a handful of games this year (albeit, they were his better games). He is 6'5 230 with a cannon for an arm. Showed some inconsistency in a few games apparently, but just seems like he's always in control. I'm hoping he is there in the 3rd round but if he could slide up as well. Link to some more info: http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/27/mason-rudolph-nfl-draft-profile/

Ogbonnia from Oklahoma is 6'1, 240. Low center of gravity tank that has some serious quickness. My bias on him is coming from the last few OK games I watched. He can chase down RB's to the outside, as well as hang with receivers in the middle of the field on crossing routes.

I may be the only one on Earth who wants to see Driscoll get a shot here.....in last years preseason games he looked great....
i'd rather use that draft pick on something else....not another qb...
but I guess McCarron is out of here & we'd want 3 on the roster  but still.....I think A.D. & Driscoll is ok w/ me long term.....just carry 2 Qb's this yr....
add a Center or LB, whatever....just not a Qb....
but that's just me....as I said I may be the only one who feels this way...
I think Driscoll is better than McCarron...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That is my dream first 2

I agree ....
BUT....
I bet Nelson is off the board befor we pick at #12.....
& I bet Price goes in the late teens or early 20's

just looking to me like we'll end up picking OT McGlinchey at #12....
if so that's fine.....

hard to say what position we'd go for in rd #2.....
could be a Safety, LB or a Center...  be my guess..??
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Great one but I'd rather have raquan smith or Derwin James in the first. And getting the best qb I the draft in the third Is a steal.

now that we're at #12 I bet James will already be off the board....

so at #12 I now think it'll be OT McGlinchey....
even though I know Raquan Smith would be a great LB......
after our last 2 seasons being destroyed b/c of bad OT play I bet they address that at #12....
& McGlinchey is slotted in that 12-16 area.....a little bit higher than Smith on most boards....more 15-22
but ppl rise & slide so we'll see.....5 months to wait...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Great one but I'd rather have raquan smith or Derwin James in the first.

Really? Two days ago you mocked an OT who in your opinion is "inconsistent" to play OG.

(01-01-2018, 07:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote:
Rd1 pick 12 Connor Williams ot Texas(drafting him at his best position fit which is guard)

(01-03-2018, 10:38 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's very inconsistent tape.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:29 PM)Steve Wrote: now that we're at #12 I bet James will already be off the board....

so at #12 I now think it'll be OT McGlinchey....
even though I know Raquan Smith would be a great LB......
after our last 2 seasons being destroyed b/c of bad OT play I bet they address that at #12....
& McGlinchey is slotted in that 12-16 area.....a little bit higher than Smith on most boards....more 15-22
but ppl rise & slide so we'll see.....5 months to wait...
I don't know. Hooker was looked at as a top 10 lock. He went 15. I think minkah goes about 7-9 and James goes 11-15. And i hate mcglichey. I'd much rather have Rankin, brown, or price. Mcglichey can not handle leverage rushers. At all.
(01-04-2018, 12:34 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really? Two days ago you mocked an OT who in your opinion is "inconsistent" to play OG.

Bc the other 2 were gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 05:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't know. Hooker was looked at as a top 10 lock. He went 15. I think minkah goes about 7-9 and James goes 11-15. And i hate mcglichey. I'd much rather have Rankin, brown, or price. Mcglichey can not handle leverage rushers. At all.

Bc the other 2 were gone.

i'll be honest....i'm not sure...haha....

depends on how Mike, Marvin, etc feel about our O-line.....
they may feel they have to address that in rd 1....so they'll pick the one they prefer.......period....
or they may think a BPA is James, if here's on the board he would be for sure, or someone else they may feel is just a better player...a, DT or LB, CB.....who knows.....?
I want Nelson......but I still think they'll pick an OT.....just b/c of the past 2 seasons....whichever one they rank the highest...
seems the Bengals never pick the guys I want....haha Cry
I like Price.....but not at 12.....maybe around 16....if anyone wants him i'd move up in front of the Titans at 21...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 05:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Bc the other 2 were gone.

WTF?

So looking at these two mocks, how do we know those two were already gone in your mock and how do you know they weren't already gone in his mock?

(01-02-2018, 03:24 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Round 1 - Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

(01-01-2018, 07:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote:
Rd1 pick 12 Connor Williams ot Texas(drafting him at his best position fit which is guard)
Rd2 p12 will hernandez g utep
Rd3 p12 Frank rangow c Arkansas
Rd3 comp jamarco Jones ot OSU
Rd4 p12 Hilton hill CB Texas
Reply/Quote