LG Michael Jordan just pancaked Geno Atkins during one-on-one drills #Bengals
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
James Rapien
@JamesRapien
3h
The #Bengals defensive line has gotten to Joe Burrow a couple of times in the early stages of 11-on-11. Here he is avoiding a sack

Reply/Quote
By all non Hobson accounts, rough day at camp for Bengals offense.

As NFLN said, maybe they need to sit Burrow for a game until they see if this Oline can protect him.

Of course they'd be there when the Oline looks non existent, and Burrow struggles.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 03:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bad day for Oline? Or dominant Dline?

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1295758593279569920

Lets just hope it was a scramble drill.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the updates JJ.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 03:18 PM)treee Wrote: Lets just hope it was a scramble drill.

I was wondering if the oline was even on the field at that time.

Reply/Quote
Some quick hits from SI.com

Jonah looks good.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/jonah-williams-fares-well-1-on-1-against-san-hubbard-7iTOQuBE4E6LmJBqkGjGOg

see links below for more camp videos/pics...

https://twitter.com/JamesRapien

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 06:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: -AJ out with a hammy

-Trae to miss “sizable amount of season”

-Wren carted off (probably out for year)

-Anderson failed physical and was cut

Fun times...

This team also has a ton of other guys that will dramatically improve the team vs. a year ago...

Joe Burrow
Jonah Williams
AJ Green
DJ Reader
Vonn Bell
Mackenzie Alexander

Still lots to be positive about
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tyler Dragon
@TheTylerDragon
2h

Whoa, good news. Hope Jordan turns into a stud with Jonah and Trey Hop next to him could happen...

Thanks for the updates JJ22 as Bfine said. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tyler Dragon
@TheTylerDragon
2h

Love Geno but this excites me. Jordan is such a mountain of a man. If he can play up to his potential he could end up being a good one.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love Geno but this excites me. Jordan is such a mountain of a man. If he can play up to his potential he could end up being a good one.

I liked the pick a lot.  He looked horrible last year, but I always say not to judge a player based on his rookie season.

We desperately need SOMEBODY to step up on the O-line.  We have had such a terrible string of bad luck with O-line picks we are certainly due.  And Jordan has the potential to be a very good player.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 09:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I liked the pick a lot.  He looked horrible last year, but I always say not to judge a player based on his rookie season.

We desperately need SOMEBODY to step up on the O-line.  We have had such a terrible string of bad luck with O-line picks we are certainly due.  And Jordan has the potential to be a very good player.

Especially given that we have gotten solid-to-good play (Boling, Collins, Luigs, Andrews)/continuity (Ghiaciuc, Boling) at round (ugh, originally had it at pick Sad) #4 for olineman, in the past 15 years, I look for that trend to continue with Jordan.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 03:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: James Rapien
@JamesRapien
3h
The #Bengals defensive line has gotten to Joe Burrow a couple of times in the early stages of 11-on-11. Here he is avoiding a sack

Did you see the clip where Lap was talking about the plays when they put in 5 defensive linemen. He said on those plays the line could be Geno, Reader and Daniels on the interior, with Dunlap and Hubbard on the ends. Good grief, what a line.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 09:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Especially given that we have gotten solid-to-good play (Boling, Collins, Luigs, Andrews)/continuity (Ghiaciuc, Boling) at pick #4 for olineman, in the past 15 years, I look for that trend to continue with Jordan.

Was Luigs actually any good? I remember being excited about the pick after hearing a lot about him at Arkansas but then he just disappeared. Looks like he played 8 games and was waived, never played again. I don't even remember him playing.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 11:12 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Was Luigs actually any good? I remember being excited about the pick after hearing a lot about him at Arkansas but then he just disappeared. Looks like he played 8 games and was waived, never played again. I don't even remember him playing.

He looked great in camp and the few games he had a few snaps (Chicago, in particular), he looked good.

He got a nasty injury (that apparently, none of us saw lol) in TC 2010 and it was career-ending, hence why he is still one of the biggest mysteries of the 2009-2011 era.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 09:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Especially given that we have gotten solid-to-good play (Boling, Collins, Luigs, Andrews)/continuity (Ghiaciuc, Boling) at pick #4 for olineman, in the past 15 years, I look for that trend to continue with Jordan.

And I like Adeniji a lot for the future.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And I like Adeniji a lot for the future.

No doubt!

But he's a 6th rounder Wink. I'm on lunch so I'll do another quick scan of 6th round OL

EDIT* He's the ONLY 6th round OL we've taken, since 2005.

We've taken a ton of RBs and WRs with that pick, in the past 15 years.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 02:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No doubt!

But he's a 6th rounder Wink. I'm on lunch so I'll do another quick scan of 6th round OL

Yeah, but I think Adeniji is a steal and could be just as good as Jordan. Love that the dude is really smart and has the build and
versatility to play multiple spots. Long arms, good feet, strong and smart. Just what you want in a Lineman.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 02:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: EDIT* He's the ONLY 6th round OL we've taken, since 2005.

We've taken a ton of RBs and WRs with that pick, in the past 15 years.

We usually take ST's players around that pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 09:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Especially given that we have gotten solid-to-good play (Boling, Collins, Luigs, Andrews)/continuity (Ghiaciuc, Boling) at round (ugh, originally had it at pick Sad) #4 for olineman, in the past 15 years, I look for that trend to continue with Jordan.

IIRC the talk around Jordan during  the 2019 draft was that he had the potential to be a solid long-term starter in the league.  The only thing holding him back was lack of strength development to handle NFL-level competition.  Boling was similar when he was pushed into a starting role after the Wharton injury.  

Perhaps Jordan got a taste of NFL line play and has multi his power up in his first NFL offseason.
Reply/Quote