Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Cuts In
(08-30-2019, 03:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Very weird situation. If he doesn’t want to play, why return? If it was just a move to show displeasure with situation or staff, why wouldn’t the team just cut him two weeks ago?

The whole thing is confusing no question.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Very weird situation. If he doesn’t want to play, why return? If it was just a move to show displeasure with situation or staff, why wouldn’t the team just cut him two weeks ago?

My guess is that he was dealing with some legit issues in his personal life.  He was on the bubble with the Bengals so they wanted to give him every chance to make the team.

I am pretty sure he was released because he was not playing well enough instead of over his contemplating retirement.  But since I don't know what the personal issue was it is possible that played a big role in their decision.
Reply/Quote
Besides Westerman, nothing too surprising here.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Really going to miss the intrepid and loquacious C. Kirk Barron.

We hardly knew ye.

I move we name an award in his honor - to be granted to the worst player of each game this season. The C. Kirk Barron Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Really going to miss the intrepid and loquacious C. Kirk Barron.

We hardly knew ye.

I move we name an award in his honor - to be granted to the worst player of each game this season. The C. Kirk Barron Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.

He provided...A lot...of...uh.............

Anyway.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Well I guess Westerman just wasn't that good the past couple years.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well I guess Westerman just wasn't that good the past couple years.
But but but PFF!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 02:52 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Westerman is a vagina

Why insult the V-Jay?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well I guess Westerman just wasn't that good the past couple years.

Yep, and so much for the situational, rotating OL packages..  I was counting on Westerman for GL package.   LOL 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 02:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: LB Curtis Akins
C Kirk Barron
S Demetrious Cox
LS Dan Godsil
CB Tony Lippett
DT Dare Odeyingbo
DT Christian Ringo (injury settlement)
LB Sterling Sheffield
DE Immanuel Turner
K Tristan Vizcaino
G Christian Westerman

No surprises there. Not sure what’s going on with Westerman, but now he has a chance to go somewhere else if he really wants to continue playing and didn’t feel like he got a fair shake here.

The only Marvin player and fan favorite I see is Westerman.  Bench players need to be able to play across the line and maybe Westerman is no good at tackle or center.   I thought I heard Bengals announcers raving about Ringo, if so the coaches were not as impressed. 

No major surprises here.  I won't call anyone on list a name because coaches don't like firing days.  It takes a jerk to enjoy saying, " You're Fired ".  I don't even like reality TV shows all built on that. Most coaches say cut day is the worst part of the job.  These people have lives, families, bills to pay. Sometimes coaches get it wrong. Paul Brown in Cleveland told a guy to forget football and find his other life's calling. He went on to win a Super Bowl and I think in Hall of Fame, Len Dawson. Of course Art Modell fired Paul Brown and that's the thing. Coaches get fired, so they do need to try to have players they think can help Win.

I bet they could have made these cuts after preseason game 3. The NFL is right to be talking dropping preseason game 4 since it is a waste of time and no fans show up or watch on TV. There would be NFL Football this Labor Day Weekend if not for preseason week 4.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The honourable C. Kirk-Barron has been relegated back to the cobblestone paths of Victorian England, I see...

His jersey nameplate was to be written with such beautiful calligraphy.

For shame.... for shame...

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ringo and Westerman would have been shockers to me at the beginning of camp. Both guys played well when given the chance it might be an oversight that both are being cut.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
There are more coming. Bengals have too many WR's, TE's and RB's and QB's. This is where fans may get mad over somebody they liked cut. More Cuts Coming.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The honourable C. Kirk-Barron has been relegated back to the cobblestone paths of Victorian England, I see...

The esteemed C. Thomas Howell is deep in mourning. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:50 PM)NKURyan Wrote: But but but PFF!

His PFF numbers were better than what we had...but not great by any stretch. I think they showed him as average in the limited snaps he played.

It's now 3 line coaches that didn't think he was good enough to play.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 11:29 PM)kevin Wrote: There are more coming.  Bengals have too many WR's, TE's and RB's and QB's.   This is where fans may get mad over somebody they liked cut.  More Cuts Coming.

I don't know. Driskell and Dolega will be cut.

RB's they'll IR Anderson. Then probably Ellis makes it as the 4th RB.

At WR...Probably Morgan gets cut. Tate/Malone/Core/Willis/Ross/Green/Boyd at WR.

TE is Sample/Uzo/Eifert.

Probably Malik Jefferson gets cut at LB.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if we added a guy who was cut like Zach Zenner to be our 4th RB.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 02:52 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Westerman is a vagina

Not true,

He lacks both the capacity and depth to provide pleasure.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I keep forgetting they still have Redmond.

Can they cut him or are they stuck with him(injury?).
Reply/Quote
I honesty don't even see enough from Dugas to keep him for PS.

He looks absolutely terrible. Completely lost out there.
Reply/Quote