Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mock
Hi all,

As a person who has frequently visited the boards (both this and the old one), I thought I would take a swing at making my own mock draft. I made this mock via the Fanspeak simulator using NFL.com's draft rankings. There was a few surprises from other teams which will be explained at the bottom.

1st - Karl Joseph - S - WVU
- Though management and the FO say they are ready to roll with Shaun Williams as the starter opposite Iloka, I feel as Joseph will cause our D to go to a whole new level which is a scary proposition. He's a solid to fierce hitter (often attacking the ball), covers fairly well, able to go sideline to sideline. Being a WVU has been fun watching him through the years.

2nd - Aldophus Washington - DT - OSU
- I thought this value here was rather solid. I've seen him linked to early 2nd round to early 3rd. Had to debate between him and M. Thomas (in hindsight I should have chosen Thomas but more on that later). Chose him to help solidify the line and give Peko more spells. The fact that he wants to return home to play also played a factor in my choice to draft him (extra motivation to make his friends/family proud in his hometown).

3rd - Nick Martin - G - ND
- Finally some help on the offensive side, but not at the skill positions most consider needing help. I felt like the value here was just too much to pass up on. My thought is to try Martin at C but if that turns out to be a disaster, worst case scenario is that we strengthen the OL by moving Big Z to C and have Martin at G. Running lanes so wide that Ickey Woods could bring back the Shuffle.

4th - Roberto Aguayo - K - FSU
-While I'm okay with Nugent (though I do have moments that I want to kill him), the chance to bring in some competition is worth the earliest pick for a K. I've seen this name around the boards so I thought I'd draft him.

5th - Javon Hargrave - DT - South Carolina St.
- Never assumed Hargrave would be here this late, as I have seen some mocks even have him in the first round. This could be the person who spells Peko the most, quite possibly taking over for him in the future. Huge value at this point in my opinion.

6th - Chris Moore - WR - UC
- While I didn't want to wait until this late in the draft to get a WR, we get a good one in Moore. Having the local connections works in our favor with this pick and he is considered to be a sleeper with the ability to start.

7th - Nick O'Toole - P - WVU
- Completely a homer pick as I knew nothing of the players left at this point.

Notable picks from other teams in this simulation:
- Elliot was available at 24, highly considered it but it would be a wasted 1st pick for us. (though if he was, I would trade down in a heartbeat)
- Treadwell was taken 8th overall by Cleveland (I don't think it's possible at all they do this BUT they are the Browns)
- Billings was taken 21st by Washington, this is kind of understandable with Pot Roast leaving.
- Taylor Decker was taken by Minnesota, leaving almost every WR available with a run going in the early 2nd on the position.
- Elliot did get drafted in the first round by Seattle (scary to imagine).
- Doctson went in the 3rd round after my Washington pick (honestly didn't expect it so I didn't look for him).

Open to hear what people think. I feel like this could push us forward into staying as a top contender, possibly pushing us to the ultimate goal.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals really can't afford to take a K before a WR.
Bengals likely won't draft a K anyway, and if they get one, it'd be a UDFA.
And no need to take a P.

Bump WR up earlier and it's a decent mock.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's good, but like you said Hargrave has been mocked in the first. He's really picked up some steam as of late, don't see him being there in the 5th. But overall good start. I'd also agree that WR should be addressed earlier.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals really can't afford to take a K before a WR.
Bengals likely won't draft a K anyway, and if they get one, it'd be a UDFA.
And no need to take a P.

Bump WR up earlier and it's a decent mock.

its unbelievable that you know so many ppl in the bengals front office, makes me so much more happier that youre on this board
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 02:27 PM)Element Wrote: its unbelievable that you know so many ppl in the bengals front office, makes me so much more happier that youre on this board

You know it! Rock On
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really love the first 3 picks. Just need a WR earlier IMHO.

Good job though dude. Rock On
Reply/Quote