Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Pick 3/23/19
As you can tell, I was on a mission to get the Tackle/Guard situation solidified. I accepted one trade.

Quote:Your score is: 32033 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (ATL): Ford, Cody, OG/OT, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 10: Risner, Dalton, OT/OG, Kansas State (B)
Round 2 Pick 13 (ATL): Wilson, Mack, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A-)
Round 3 Pick 8: Dean, Jamel, CB, Auburn (A)
Round 4 Pick 8: Benzschawel, Beau, OG, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Gentry, Zach, TE, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Hardman, Mecole, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Bailey, Jake, P, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Daniels, Darrion, DT, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Cheevers, Hamp, CB, Boston College (A+)
Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Giles-Harris, Joe, OLB/ILB, Duke (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Connelly, Ryan, ILB, Wisconsin (A+)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 12:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As you can tell, I was on a mission to get the Tackle/Guard situation solidified.  I accepted one trade.

I think I like it.  I don't know a lot of the names there, but you hit all the places we need help.

Between Ford and Risner, I guess one will be the RT and the other the RG.  Which will be which?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 12:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As you can tell, I was on a mission to get the Tackle/Guard situation solidified.  I accepted one trade.

Not a fan of the Wilson selection but other than that outstanding. Really like the Giles-Harris selection. I see another Vinny Rey with better coverage ability.

Really like the selections of Ford and Risner. Ford I see as a Day 1 RT solution or RG. I think Risner could as well be a day 1 RT solution that has the skills to rather easily move to LT with an injury to Glen or when he moves on.

Awesome draft and hope we see something close to this.
Reply/Quote
Outstanding job sunset
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:06 PM)McC Wrote: I think I like it.  I don't know a lot of the names there, but you hit all the places we need help.

Between Ford and Risner, I guess one will be the RT and the other the RG.  Which will be which?

That's for the coaches to decide, I just made it my mission to provide them with the best material to work with.  Personally, I think that they eventually both end up being Tackles in the NFL, with Benzcshawel taking over one of the Guard spots.

Wilson, I believe has enough talent and physical capabilities to compete for a starting job as a rookie, with Giles-Harris being a good prospect for the future.

Dean, Gentry, and Hardman should all make the roster and push those above them for time, in a year or two.

Added the punter for competition, and Connelly because Wisconsin generally turns out fundamentally sound football players.  I really don't know much about Cheevers or Daniels, but they were at or near the top of the "best available" when my picks came up.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not a fan of the Wilson selection but other than that outstanding. Really like the Giles-Harris selection. I see another Vinny Rey with better coverage ability.

Really like the selections of Ford and Risner
. Ford I see as a Day 1 RT solution or RG. I think Risner could as well be a day 1 RT solution that has the skills to rather easily move to LT with an injury to Glen or when he moves on.

Awesome draft and hope we see something close to this.

I initially had my thoughts set on Jawaan Taylor, but all 3 attempts I made at first pick had him gone inside the top 10.  I wasn't in the mindset of trading up for a tackle, with all of the other good options available.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If the Cincinnati Bengals came away with this draft it would restore my faith and Zac Taylor
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I now think the Cincinnati Bengals will not take Devin White even if he's there. Taylor wants team oriented people.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 05:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I now think the Cincinnati Bengals will not take Devin White even if he's there.  Taylor wants team oriented people.

Yeah, White seems to have a bit of a T.O. type of ego, though he's not even made a single tackle in the NFL..  Never mind the fact that both Florida and Alabama were able to neutralize him when they played.  Being a Big10 fan, I'm not really sold on Devin Bush, either.  That is why I was comfortable taking a second 2nd round pick, in order to take Wilson from Alabama.  When it comes to front seven guys from 'Bama, what you see is what you get.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Who did Atlanta move up to take?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 06:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Who did Atlanta move up to take?

I didn't even pay any attention to that.  I was focused on what I was doing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 05:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Cincinnati Bengals came away with this draft it would restore my faith and Zac Taylor

Why would your faith in Zac Taylor need to be "restored"? What has he done at this early point that you would have lost faith in him?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 08:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Why would your faith in Zac Taylor need to be "restored"? What has he done at this early point that you would have lost faith in him?

I have a couple threads addressing this.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

Swap out Cody Ford for Dexter Lawrence (I know you didn't know you would get Risner) and I would be ecstatic. 

Lawrence is a rare talent and Cody Ford isn't even a sure fire OT.  Risner could push for RT and maybe move to LT, love that pick.

Love all the rest of it as well.  And I would make that trade all day. 
Reply/Quote

That would be a great haul!!! I like the Gentry pick. I mentioned him in the TE thread a while back. Guy is friggin huge and can run like a deer.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 12:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As you can tell, I was on a mission to get the Tackle/Guard situation solidified. I accepted one trade.

Frickin' A Sunset, frickin A...

Badazz Mock, probably the best one i have seen yet. Congrats brother.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 07:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Frickin' A Sunset, frickin A...

Badazz Mock, probably the best one i have seen yet. Congrats brother.

Thanks, if Jawaan Taylor would have been there, I would have taken him.  He was gone, inside the top 10.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 07:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks, if Jawaan Taylor would have been there, I would have taken him.  He was gone, inside the top 10.

Yeah Taylor is more of a pure Tackle that is for sure but still love Ford who has good feet and might be a little more powerful in the run game. Getting Risner in the 2nd is great, if there was a LB that wasn't too much of a fall off from White i might grab one of them instead after Ford but you then go and get Mack so its all good.

Getting Beau in the 4th steal, Gentry in the 5th steal...

Just would love it to go this way, great job.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah Taylor is more of a pure Tackle that is for sure but still love Ford who has good feet and might be a little more powerful in the run game. Getting Risner in the 2nd is great, if there was a LB that wasn't too much of a fall off from White i might grab one of them instead after Ford but you then go and get Mack so its all good.

Getting Beau in the 4th steal, Gentry in the 5th steal...

Just would love it to go this way, great job.

I was happy with my haul.  I think some around here likely didn't appreciate me trading back a couple spots to gain that second 2nd round pick, but this is what I would do if I had the power.  I feel really good about landing 3 upper tier OL, one of the top 3 LBs, a second tier CB, and a host of quality depth players to restock the back end of the roster.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Since we've now had a second meeting with Cody Ford, might be a good time to reboot this one.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote