Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6
Greetings. Tough Schedule out of the gate, but all that does is open opportunity for a nice run later on.

This is a good team. They effectively are missing three #1 Picks (Eifert, Jackson and Burf - Yes, I know he was undrafted, but he plays like a 1st Round pick) .

Sun. Sept. 11 at N.Y. Jets W
Sun. Sept. 18 at Pittsburgh L
Sun. Sept. 25 DENVER 1 p.m. W
Thurs. Sept. 29 MIAMI W
Sun. Oct. 9 at Dallas W
Sun. Oct. 16 at New England* L
Sun. Oct. 23 CLEVELAND* W
Sun. Oct. 30 WASHINGTON W
Sun. Nov. 6 — BYE —
Mon. Nov. 14 at N.Y. Giants L
Sun. Nov. 20 BUFFALO W
Sun. Nov. 27 at Baltimore L
Sun. Dec. 4 PHILADELPHIA W
Sun. Dec. 11 at Cleveland W
Sun. Dec. 18 PITTSBURGH L
Sat. Dec. 24 at Houston L
Sun. Jan. 1 BALTIMORE W

Any thoughts?
Reply/Quote
My thoughts are that the next two weeks are very important to this team. I had them down for a loss at Dallas and at New England. If they don't win the next two weeks, 2-4 or 1-5 becomes a real possibility. And that would be a huge shame because there is much too much talent on this team for that to happen.
Reply/Quote
We should beat the Giants, i say 11-5 still.
Reply/Quote
Winning these next two games is crucial.

Four AFC opponents right off the bat is tough. Have to take 3 of the 4.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Pencil me in for 13-3 until further notice.

I know that sounds optimistic, but elite teams post big win totals. And this is supposed to be an elite team. The Denver game will reveal a lot.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We should beat the Giants, i say 11-5 still.

Monday night game...throw it in the loss category with Marvins Monday night record for getting his team ready in prime time!
Reply/Quote
I hope they can be at least 3-3 after the New England game. The next 7 games after they should go at least 5-2. Then the last 3 will be very tough. They can go 3-0 or 0-3. Finishing at 9-7 may not be good enough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
they have a much better chance of going 6-10, IMO.

Can we somehow pin this thread and come back to it through out the season. If we end up with double digit wins at the end of the year, I will gladly come back and eat a fresh warm helping of crow. It'll be the best crow I've ever had. But, that won't be happening........because 6-10 is our ceiling this year. But, look at the bright side......we get a top ten draft pick next year!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 03:55 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I know that sounds optimistic, but elite teams post big win totals. And this is supposed to be an elite team.

We were elite.....In 2015. 

We will finish worst-case 8-8 and best case 10-6

I think we took a step back (Eifert, O-line is worse, Burfict, MJ, ST's, Nelson, Hall and even HUE!!) and this is all compounded by a harder schedule.  
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 06:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: We were elite.....In 2015. 

We will finish worst-case 8-8 and best case 10-6

I think we took a step back (Eifert, O-line is worse, Burfict, MJ, ST's, Nelson, Hall and even HUE!!) and this is all compounded by a harder schedule.  

I say worst case 5-11, best case 13-3. I don't see why we would have suddenly lost the potential to win 12+ games when the core of last year's team is still here. Turnover is the ultimate enemy of elite franchises, but we've remained relatively sturdy.

But teams tank all the time: Look at Baltimore last year. I think they're going to be closer to 9-7 this year.

As for us, though, I could see the team tanking and winning around 5 games. But I also see it as just a likely (if not, MORE likely) that they get a first round bye. You have to take into account all of the factors that have made this a winning team for the past 5-6 years. That stuff doesn't just go away. Success is about consistency. People are reading a little too much into these first two games IMO.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Still see Bengals at 12-4 or 11-5.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think we lose this weekend against Denver and go 1-2. Just watch all the homers say the season is over. We'll end up 11-5 or 10-6 and in the playoffs. I think we beat the Steelers at PBS too.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Have to be at least 3-3 after the first six games. IMHO
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 06:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: they have a much better chance of going 6-10, IMO.

Can we somehow pin this thread and come back to it through out the season. If we end up with double digit wins at the end of the year, I will gladly come back and eat a fresh warm helping of crow. It'll be the best crow I've ever had. But, that won't be happening........because 6-10 is our ceiling this year. But, look at the bright side......we get a top ten draft pick next year!
Which corner do you think we take with that top ten pick next year?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Best case scenario 10 - 6

Worst case 8 - 8
Reply/Quote
Based upon the new guys, including OC, getting adjusted, injuries, and the politics, AND if they win Sunday and Thursday, I will stick to my original 9-7 no playoffs. Lose the next two, 7-9.

Also, I will predict Steelers/Pats AFC Championship game.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 06:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: they have a much better chance of going 6-10, IMO.

Can we somehow pin this thread and come back to it through out the season.  If we end up with double digit wins at the end of the year, I will gladly come back and eat a fresh warm helping of crow.  It'll be the best crow I've ever had.  But, that won't be happening........because 6-10 is our ceiling this year.  But, look at the bright side......we get a top ten draft pick next year!

Well if i remember correctly you had the Jets drilling the Bengals by like 20 points.. so im thinking you will be eating some crow at end of year 
Reply/Quote
Jesus how do some people have us going .500 or worse? The only way that happens is if Dalton goes down or multiple key injuries. I know we just lost to Pittsburgh, but come on.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 08:55 PM)E Wrote: Best case scenario 10 - 6

Worst case 8 - 8

Best case 15-1

Worst case 1-15
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Can we somehow pin this thread and come back to it through out the season.  If we end up with double digit wins at the end of the year, I will gladly come back and eat a fresh warm helping of crow.  It'll be the best crow I've ever had.  But, that won't be happening........because 6-10 is our ceiling this year.  But, look at the bright side......we get a top ten draft pick next year!

You serious, Clark?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote