Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 (/Thread-First-Post-My-Season-Prognostication-to-10-and-6)

Pages: 1 2

First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - RudiandCorey - 09-22-2016

Greetings. Tough Schedule out of the gate, but all that does is open opportunity for a nice run later on.

This is a good team. They effectively are missing three #1 Picks (Eifert, Jackson and Burf - Yes, I know he was undrafted, but he plays like a 1st Round pick) .

Sun. Sept. 11 at N.Y. Jets W
Sun. Sept. 18 at Pittsburgh L
Sun. Sept. 25 DENVER 1 p.m. W
Thurs. Sept. 29 MIAMI W
Sun. Oct. 9 at Dallas W
Sun. Oct. 16 at New England* L
Sun. Oct. 23 CLEVELAND* W
Sun. Oct. 30 WASHINGTON W
Sun. Nov. 6 — BYE —
Mon. Nov. 14 at N.Y. Giants L
Sun. Nov. 20 BUFFALO W
Sun. Nov. 27 at Baltimore L
Sun. Dec. 4 PHILADELPHIA W
Sun. Dec. 11 at Cleveland W
Sun. Dec. 18 PITTSBURGH L
Sat. Dec. 24 at Houston L
Sun. Jan. 1 BALTIMORE W

Any thoughts?

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - OrlandoBengal - 09-22-2016

My thoughts are that the next two weeks are very important to this team. I had them down for a loss at Dallas and at New England. If they don't win the next two weeks, 2-4 or 1-5 becomes a real possibility. And that would be a huge shame because there is much too much talent on this team for that to happen.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-22-2016

We should beat the Giants, i say 11-5 still.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - Big Boss - 09-22-2016

Winning these next two games is crucial.

Four AFC opponents right off the bat is tough. Have to take 3 of the 4.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop - 09-22-2016

Pencil me in for 13-3 until further notice.

I know that sounds optimistic, but elite teams post big win totals. And this is supposed to be an elite team. The Denver game will reveal a lot.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - GodFather - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We should beat the Giants, i say 11-5 still.

Monday night game...throw it in the loss category with Marvins Monday night record for getting his team ready in prime time!

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - BengalFanInNJ - 09-22-2016

I hope they can be at least 3-3 after the New England game. The next 7 games after they should go at least 5-2. Then the last 3 will be very tough. They can go 3-0 or 0-3. Finishing at 9-7 may not be good enough.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - BengalHawk62 - 09-22-2016

they have a much better chance of going 6-10, IMO.

Can we somehow pin this thread and come back to it through out the season. If we end up with double digit wins at the end of the year, I will gladly come back and eat a fresh warm helping of crow. It'll be the best crow I've ever had. But, that won't be happening........because 6-10 is our ceiling this year. But, look at the bright side......we get a top ten draft pick next year!

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - Whacked - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 03:55 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I know that sounds optimistic, but elite teams post big win totals. And this is supposed to be an elite team.

We were elite.....In 2015. 

We will finish worst-case 8-8 and best case 10-6

I think we took a step back (Eifert, O-line is worse, Burfict, MJ, ST's, Nelson, Hall and even HUE!!) and this is all compounded by a harder schedule.  

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 06:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: We were elite.....In 2015. 

We will finish worst-case 8-8 and best case 10-6

I think we took a step back (Eifert, O-line is worse, Burfict, MJ, ST's, Nelson, Hall and even HUE!!) and this is all compounded by a harder schedule.  

I say worst case 5-11, best case 13-3. I don't see why we would have suddenly lost the potential to win 12+ games when the core of last year's team is still here. Turnover is the ultimate enemy of elite franchises, but we've remained relatively sturdy.

But teams tank all the time: Look at Baltimore last year. I think they're going to be closer to 9-7 this year.

As for us, though, I could see the team tanking and winning around 5 games. But I also see it as just a likely (if not, MORE likely) that they get a first round bye. You have to take into account all of the factors that have made this a winning team for the past 5-6 years. That stuff doesn't just go away. Success is about consistency. People are reading a little too much into these first two games IMO.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - Go Cards - 09-22-2016

Still see Bengals at 12-4 or 11-5.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - guyofthetiger - 09-22-2016

I think we lose this weekend against Denver and go 1-2. Just watch all the homers say the season is over. We'll end up 11-5 or 10-6 and in the playoffs. I think we beat the Steelers at PBS too.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - masonbengals fan - 09-22-2016

Have to be at least 3-3 after the first six games. IMHO

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - jason - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 06:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: they have a much better chance of going 6-10, IMO.

Can we somehow pin this thread and come back to it through out the season. If we end up with double digit wins at the end of the year, I will gladly come back and eat a fresh warm helping of crow. It'll be the best crow I've ever had. But, that won't be happening........because 6-10 is our ceiling this year. But, look at the bright side......we get a top ten draft pick next year!
Which corner do you think we take with that top ten pick next year?

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - 'E' - 09-22-2016

Best case scenario 10 - 6

Worst case 8 - 8

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - bengalguy71 - 09-22-2016

Based upon the new guys, including OC, getting adjusted, injuries, and the politics, AND if they win Sunday and Thursday, I will stick to my original 9-7 no playoffs. Lose the next two, 7-9.

Also, I will predict Steelers/Pats AFC Championship game.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - Essex Johnson - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 06:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: they have a much better chance of going 6-10, IMO.

Can we somehow pin this thread and come back to it through out the season.  If we end up with double digit wins at the end of the year, I will gladly come back and eat a fresh warm helping of crow.  It'll be the best crow I've ever had.  But, that won't be happening........because 6-10 is our ceiling this year.  But, look at the bright side......we get a top ten draft pick next year!

Well if i remember correctly you had the Jets drilling the Bengals by like 20 points.. so im thinking you will be eating some crow at end of year 

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - Brownshoe - 09-23-2016

Jesus how do some people have us going .500 or worse? The only way that happens is if Dalton goes down or multiple key injuries. I know we just lost to Pittsburgh, but come on.

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - jason - 09-23-2016

(09-22-2016, 08:55 PM)E Wrote: Best case scenario 10 - 6

Worst case 8 - 8

Best case 15-1

Worst case 1-15

RE: First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6 - WestCoastBengalsFan - 09-23-2016

Can we somehow pin this thread and come back to it through out the season.  If we end up with double digit wins at the end of the year, I will gladly come back and eat a fresh warm helping of crow.  It'll be the best crow I've ever had.  But, that won't be happening........because 6-10 is our ceiling this year.  But, look at the bright side......we get a top ten draft pick next year!

You serious, Clark?