Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post - My Season Prognostication to 10 and 6
(09-22-2016, 08:37 PM)jason Wrote: Which corner do you think we take with that top ten pick next year?

Well......I'll give you two guesses, but the first one doesn't count.  The 2nd guess ends with the King.  That's right, Desmond King from I-O-W-A!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 11:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well if i remember correctly you had the Jets drilling the Bengals by like 20 points.. so im thinking you will be eating some crow at end of year 

We'll see.........
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 12:42 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Well......I'll give you two guesses, but the first one doesn't count.  The 2nd guess ends with the King.  That's right, Desmond King from I-O-W-A!

Taken in the 2017 draft, plays gunner on special teams for a couple years, and is expected to start in 2021... sounds about right  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Sticking with 12-4, and I only think I see three additional losses due to unforeseen circumstances....such as a couple key injuries for a couple games. Or if that same officiating crew shows up.

Bottom line, right now, I take the Bengals (if healthy) against ANY team at home, and I only see the pats on the road as a huge challenge. The Bengals are that good, and they just got all the motivation they needed last week.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 08:37 PM)jason Wrote: Which corner do you think we take with that top ten pick next year?

You mean OT. They only take CB picks every other year. Plus both Ogbuehi and Fisher project more at RT than LT.

I personally hope they go C or DE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean OT. They only take CB picks every other year. Plus both Ogbuehi and Fisher project more at RT than LT.

I personally hope they go C or DE.

You're thinking they took two tackles, back to back in the same draft, both of whom the project as right tackles?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 06:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: We were elite.....In 2015. 

We will finish worst-case 8-8 and best case 10-6

I think we took a step back (Eifert, O-line is worse, Burfict, MJ, ST's, Nelson, Hall and even HUE!!) and this is all compounded by a harder schedule.  

Elite teams dont lose in the first round playoffs 7 years in a row, sorry.  Stop
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 08:44 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Elite teams dont lose in the first round playoffs 7 years in a row, sorry.  Stop

I don't of any NFL team that has lost first playoff game 7 years in a row.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 02:38 PM)RudiandCorey Wrote: Greetings.  Tough Schedule out of the gate, but all that does is open opportunity for a nice run later on.

This is a good team.  They effectively are missing three #1 Picks (Eifert, Jackson and Burf - Yes, I know he was undrafted, but he plays like a 1st Round pick) .

Sun. Sept. 11 at N.Y. Jets    W
Sun. Sept. 18 at Pittsburgh     L
Sun. Sept. 25 DENVER 1 p.m.    W
Thurs. Sept. 29 MIAMI      W
Sun. Oct. 9 at Dallas    W
Sun. Oct. 16 at New England*      L
Sun. Oct. 23 CLEVELAND*      W
Sun. Oct. 30 WASHINGTON    W
Sun. Nov. 6 — BYE —
Mon. Nov. 14 at N.Y. Giants   L
Sun. Nov. 20 BUFFALO      W
Sun. Nov. 27 at Baltimore   L
Sun. Dec. 4 PHILADELPHIA    W
Sun. Dec. 11 at Cleveland   W
Sun. Dec. 18 PITTSBURGH   L
Sat. Dec. 24 at Houston     L
Sun. Jan. 1 BALTIMORE   W

Any thoughts?
I applaud your rooting for The Bengals......I hope Bengals beat Super Bowl Champs, but the Zampese offense of no RB carries has me in doubt over this new OC. ......A WIN over Denver would be huge going to 2-1 on an opening schedule that could have started us 0-3......I would not call any of the road games wins, and Washington is in London England, not exactly Cincinnati Ohio. People saying we are the home team are just silly. All we did was get scrooged out of a home game. I HATE the game in London for losing us a home game. All the NFL teams will have 8 home games, except the Bengals who will only have 7.

I also see you have us starting 6-2 and finishing 4-4. That drop off sounds like another play-off loss....and you have no wins against Steelers, I hope that doesn't happen.....I think the first half of schedule is harder than the second half.....I would hope Bengals are hitting their stride going into play-offs. DECEMBER 18th, WE NEED A WIN !!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Big words in title...

Welcome
Reply/Quote
My thoughts are that this team needs to get its shit together if it wants to see 10-6 and not 8-8.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 09:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I don't of any NFL team that has lost first playoff game 7 years in a row.

Not in a row, but Marv is the only NFL head coach to ever go 0-7 in the playoffs.

The next worst is Jim Mora at 0-6 (Colts and Saints), then Buddy Ryan (Philli) and Allie Sherman (Giants) at 0-3.

Reply/Quote
At this point. Anything above 10 wins is overly homeristic optimism. Until the Bengals shows a consistent string of convincing wins, I'll stick to 10.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 03:15 AM)jeremydc Wrote: At this point. Anything above 10 wins is overly homeristic optimism. Until the Bengals shows a consistent string of convincing wins, I'll stick to 10.

I'm with you. Far too much homerism thus far.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 04:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: Monday night game...throw it in the loss category with Marvins Monday night record for getting his team ready in prime time!

If we lose to the Giants that would be sad, we are the much better team of the two.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sticking with 12-4, and I only think I see three additional losses due to unforeseen circumstances....such as a couple key injuries for a couple games.  Or if that same officiating crew shows up.

Bottom line, right now, I take the Bengals (if healthy) against ANY team at home, and I only see the pats on the road as a huge challenge.  The Bengals are that good, and they just got all the motivation they needed last week.

Plus we will be getting Burfict back next week and maybe even Eifert.

Two of our best players that are gamechangers.

The OL is the biggest question right now in the running game but i think Og will just get better as the season goes on
and this will help Zeitler out. Og was much better in pass protection against the Steelers, he should just improve in the
run game as well as he gets his professional feet wet.
Reply/Quote
10-6 at worst. As players come back, they'll only continue to get better.

This team won a very tough road game against the Jets in New Jersey. Had they not got jobbed in Pittsburgh, they'd be 2-0 instead of 1-1.

Keep in mind, they played 2 tough defenses, on the road, in hostile environments with a pathetic excuse of a run game, shitty pass pro, without their top TE, and without their top LB. In years past, the Bengals would have folded under these circumstances. Even through the adversity, Dalton is leading this team to be competitive. As the OLine gels, Eifert gets healthy, and Burfict returns, I think this team will kick a lot of ass.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 02:37 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: 10-6 at worst. As players come back, they'll only continue to get better.

This team won a very tough road game against the Jets in New Jersey. Had they not got jobbed in Pittsburgh, they'd be 2-0 instead of 1-1.

Keep in mind, they played 2 tough defenses, on the road, in hostile environments with a pathetic excuse of a run game, shitty pass pro, without their top TE, and without their top LB. In years past, the Bengals would have folded under these circumstances. Even through the adversity, Dalton is leading this team to be competitive. As the OLine gels, Eifert gets healthy, and Burfict returns, I think this team will kick a lot of ass.

Great post. The negative nancy's will have to eat a lot of crow is what i am seeing from this thread.

Once Burfict comes back next week and maybe even Eifert this team will be tough for anybody, the Pats included
and that is the only team i see us having any problems with after today and we should give the Pats problems.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post. The negative nancy's will have to eat a lot of crow is what i am seeing from this thread.

Once Burfict comes back next week and maybe even Eifert this team will be tough for anybody, the Pats included
and that is the only team i see us having any problems with after today and we should give the Pats problems.

I will gladly come back for the Crow Buffet if I am wrong.  I predict 9-7 IF they win tomorrow and Thursday with no playoffs.  8-8 if they go 1-1, and 7-9 if they go 0-2 this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus we will be getting Burfict back next week and maybe even Eifert.

Two of our best players that are gamechangers.

The OL is the biggest question right now in the running game but i think Og will just get better as the season goes on
and this will help Zeitler out. Og was much better in pass protection against the Steelers, he should just improve in the
run game as well as he gets his professional feet wet.

Agreed, and if you look at every team in the NFL, there is not a single team that doesn't have some areas for concern.  The Bengals?  It is the running game.  Pass protection was better week 2 than week 1, and a big day in the running game this early in the season could take the Bengals from a 32nd rating to 15th.  

I really wish we had WJIII and Billings, but I believe we will see more and more of Boyd and Vigil.  The Bengals also have Dennard in the wings and, hopefully, he can make an impact once he is 100%.  
Reply/Quote