Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First female coach in NFL history
I say kudos to the Cardinals on this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/arizona-cardinals-hire-first-female-coach-nfl-history-n399386
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if many coaches make the transition from only coaching semi-pro (no college) to coaching pro.

According to her wikipedia, she had -1 yards on 3 carries in his first game as a running back (first female to play a non kicking position in professional football).

She had a PhD in Psych. She wrote her dissertation on the Wonderlic, which sounds pretty cool.

I wonder if she can turn this intership into a real coaching job.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wonder if many coaches make the transition from only coaching semi-pro (no college) to coaching pro.

Jay Gruden.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jay Gruden.

I guess it helps when your brother is the HC.

Reply/Quote
She's smart, so hopefully she realizes the atmosphere and doesn't try to come in and play it tough and be "one of the guys"
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 01:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: She's smart, so hopefully she realizes the atmosphere and doesn't try to come in and play it tough and be "one of the guys"

I am guessing that she has a lot on natural grit to her.  I doubt she will change.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:06 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I say kudos to the Cardinals on this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/arizona-cardinals-hire-first-female-coach-nfl-history-n399386

Why kudos?  If she's qualified, she gets the job.  We'll see if she is a good coach or not, then we should throw kudos to the Cardinals and her.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 01:14 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Why kudos?  If she's qualified, she gets the job.  We'll see if she is a good coach or not, then we should throw kudos to the Cardinals and her.  
I think he meant kudos to the Cardinals for "just giving her an opportunity to coach":
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:28 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: I think he meant kudos to the Cardinals for "just giving her an opportunity to coach":

And I think everyone except Eatonfan got it.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:28 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: I think he meant kudos to the Cardinals for "just giving her an opportunity to coach":

That's exactly what I meant.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Do they even still make kudos? They weren't the best candy bar, but they were better than Whatchamacallits.
Reply/Quote
He education in psychology is a huge plus. Pete Carroll has been praised for utilizing a team psychologist to help players get their mindsets in order.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
A rugby fan was saying "oh, good, she played rugby. She'll teach them how to properly tackle".

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:08 AM)Benton Wrote: Do they even still make kudos? They weren't the best candy bar, but they were better than Whatchamacallits.

Stop it. Whatchamacallit's are great.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote