Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fisher?
Any word? I know there's a game day thread where it might be mentioned, but I was away while he got hurt and don't want to search through every page.
Reply/Quote
X-ray on his leg no word on it yet he walked off gingerly but on his own they were looking at Achilles but if he tore his Achilles he would not be walking
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 10:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: X-ray on his leg no word on it yet he walked off gingerly but on his own they were looking at Achilles but if he tore his Achilles he would not be walking

Yeah but it's preseason in Detroit, so I'm expecting that they're looking at his Achilles and he ends up needing a heart transplant. 
Reply/Quote
I think Erickson has more punt return yards in two games than Tate has for his entire career
Reply/Quote
Assume worst, hope for slightly less than worst.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like we dodged a bullet

Sprained ankle according to Marv, but you never know with coach speak until you actually see him on the field again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Assume worst, hope for slightly less than worst.

According to reports he is in a walking boot
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think Erickson has more punt return yards in two games than Tate has for his entire career

Thanks for proving how much you know about football.
Reply/Quote
Marvin says its a sprain...which of course means the amputation will happen in 6 months after we are told its a week to week issue.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for proving how much you know about football.

Wow, Fred.

I can't believe you even went there with this post.

You really can't pick up sarcasm or me just mocking Tate.

Brandon Tate has been returning kicks for 6 years, so do you really think that I thought Erickson had more return yards in two attempts than Tate did in six years?

You know what?  Don't answer that.

Thanks for proving how much common sense you have when someone is ridiculing something related to football.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think Erickson has more punt return yards in two games than Tate has for his entire career

Lol made me laugh but boyd looks good too returning punts against detfoit hebslmost took to the house but he fell if he kept his bslsnce it was a td
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like we dodged a bullet

Sprained ankle according to Marv, but you never know with coach speak until you actually see him on the field again.

Marvin Lewis, M.D.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 05:34 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol made me laugh but boyd looks good too returning punts against detfoit hebslmost took to the house but he fell if he kept his bslsnce it was a td

I don't want to risk Boyd on punt returns, but that's just me.  
Reply/Quote
very very relieved to hear that it is a sprain, nothing more serious. I heard he was being carted to the locker room, which really freaked me out after watching him walk with only a slight limp back to the sidelines. But then again Eifert had a sprained ankle wayyyyyy back in February, and well....... so there's always that to consider too Sad
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:52 PM)pally Wrote: Marvin says its a sprain...which of course means the amputation will happen in 6 months after we are told its a week to week issue.

Surgery, after 3 months of hoping it will heal on its own, via 'Eifert'.
Reply/Quote
Marvin says sprain, sooooo.....See you week 10 Fisher!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 10:26 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: very very relieved to hear that it is a sprain, nothing more serious.  I heard he was being carted to the locker room, which really freaked me out after watching him walk with only a slight limp back to the sidelines.  But then again Eifert had a sprained ankle wayyyyyy back in February, and well.......     so there's always that to consider too  Sad

Depends on how high and how severe the sprain is.  Hopefully not too bad.  Best case scenario he misses a lot of needed pre-season snaps.   Now we will have one of two inexperienced guys with talent or a very experienced guy who is on the decline.

I don't want to contemplate the worst case scenario.   Bad high ankle sprains can take a very long time to heal and turf toe can mess a player up all season... or (as in Jack Lambert's case) end a player's career.

Hopefully they will end up being the garden variety that heals up quickly.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 11:32 AM)3wt Wrote: Depends on how high and how severe the sprain is.  Hopefully not too bad.  Best case scenario he misses a lot of needed pre-season snaps.   Now we will have one of two inexperienced guys with talent or a very experienced guy who is on the decline.

I don't want to contemplate the worst case scenario.   Bad high ankle sprains can take a very long time to heal and turf toe can mess a player up all season... or (as in Jack Lambert's case) end a player's career.

Hopefully they will end up being the garden variety that heals up quickly.
Definitely hope so!!!  Fingers crossed!
Reply/Quote
Sprain... So he gets stashed on the PUP and we might see him in Week 8, but they will most likes determine he will require surgery around that time. Then we get him back healthy for OTAs next year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 12:01 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Sprain... So he gets stashed on the PUP and we might see him in Week 8, but they will most likes determine he will require surgery around that time. Then we get him back healthy for OTAs next year.

You can't put someone on PUP if they've practiced at all during training camp.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physically_unable_to_perform#Regular-season_PUP
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote