Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitz signs with Jets
(07-27-2016, 11:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No worries bro, we're all Bengal "family" here.  Sometimes I think we forget that.  I blame those POS in Shitsburgh.

You just double shitted. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 11:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You just double shitted. Mellow

Only you would have noticed that. 
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If it was Brady instead of Garoppolo or Bell instead of Williams or even if their main water boy was going to be there instead of his backup, I might care, but this isn't a big enough deal to put in Jungle Noise.

If we had a thread everytime bell was hurt, every other thread on here would be about that.

This has to do with the Bengals because it is on our week 1 schedule. I think it's rediculous when people act like fools when someone posts something in the wrong sub forum. You look petty. I am sure it will get moved if it needs to, shut up.

Anyways, Jets will regret it. Fitz is average, had a good year. Seriously, the media was acting like the Jets were about to not resign Peyton Manning in his prime. Its Ryan Fitzpatrick. Good QBs dont all the sudden hit their peak when theyre 33. Therefore, Fitz is not a good QB
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 11:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: If we had a thread everytime bell was hurt, every other thread on here would be about that.

This has to do with the Bengals because it is on our week 1 schedule. I think it's rediculous when people act like fools when someone posts something in the wrong sub forum. You look petty. I am sure it will get moved if it needs to, shut up.

Anyways, Jets will regret it. Fitz is average, had a good year. Seriously, the media was acting like the Jets were about to not resign Peyton Manning in his prime. Its Ryan Fitzpatrick. Good QBs dont all the sudden hit their peak when theyre 33. Therefore, Fitz is not a good QB
Good post. I agree. Who does Fitz have to throw to? An aging WR who seems to have a man crush on him? Their run game is nothing to write home about. Even without VB I see no problem dispatching the Jets in game one.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 11:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Good post. I agree. Who does Fitz have to throw to? An aging WR who seems to have a man crush on him? Their run game is nothing to write home about. Even without VB I see no problem dispatching the Jets in game one.

You got that right.  Even without Burfict, we'll beat the shit out of them.  Their defense might cross us up some, but I predict a BIG win.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried.

[Image: dafoe.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is plenty big enough to put in JN. First off, Fritz is a former Bengal, so any move by him is JN worthy. Secondly, this impacts our season opener.

If JN has room for a thread about Miami signing Arian Foster, I think we can squeeze this one in. 

Big time effects season opener. Both have different styles.

May not even know who will start and have to prepare for each as well.

Jungle worthy all day.  

It is our very next game !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 11:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: If we had a thread everytime bell was hurt, every other thread on here would be about that.

Agreed.  

I apologize.  

I personally love that we're playing them in week 1 because he'll be overwhelmed and we'll just be like Bengal Tigers on a wounded gazelle  ThumbsUp

They gave him 12 million with a possibility of 15 MILLION!  It's like poetic justice that we play them first and you know our defense is already getting amped-up to feed him his own balls!
Reply/Quote
A couple of thoughts regarding Fitz and the 1st game itself:

Fitz had a career year somewhat similar to Dalton's performance last year(not as good, but impressive).  Marshall + Decker + any level of competency at the QB position should equal a decent passing attack.  The guy is one of the brightest players in the NFL, but sometimes has problems physically getting the ball to where he wants it.  I think that he's just a shade underrated by some on this board.  

Regarding the game itself: I would expect a Bengals win over the Jets any single, solitary day of the year aside from on 9/11.  Home or away - wouldn't matter.  There's going to be a lot of emotion on this particular day from everyone involved, but especially from the ppl in the city who lived it.  Strong emotion can have profound effects on a game.  Remember when NE lost to Kansas City and there were murmurs of Brady being done?  Bengals got blown out the next week.  Remember when a Seattle player(Earl Thomas?) put a wrestling move(suplex?) on Jerome Simpson(maybe Caldwell)?  The Bengals blew them out hardcore after that.  Remember when Shazier speared Gio Bernard in the playoff game?  They almost pulled off an incredible comeback.  The point of all of these examples is to illustrate that emotion can be a real wildcard factor.  I'd expect it to benefit NY on this particular day. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 12:42 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: A couple of thoughts regarding Fitz and the 1st game itself:

Fitz had a career year somewhat similar to Dalton's performance last year(not as good, but impressive).  Marshall + Decker + any level of competency at the QB position should equal a decent passing attack.  The guy is one of the brightest players in the NFL, but sometimes has problems physically getting the ball to where he wants it.  I think that he's just a shade underrated by some on this board.  

Regarding the game itself: I would expect a Bengals win over the Jets any single, solitary day of the year aside from on 9/11.  Home or away - wouldn't matter.  There's going to be a lot of emotion on this particular day from everyone involved, but especially from the ppl in the city who lived it.  Strong emotion can have profound effects on a game.  Remember when NE lost to Kansas City and there were murmurs of Brady being done?  Bengals got blown out the next week.  Remember when a Seattle player(Earl Thomas?) put a wrestling move(suplex?) on Jerome Simpson(maybe Caldwell)?  The Bengals blew them out hardcore after that.  Remember when Shazier speared Gio Bernard in the playoff game?  They almost pulled off an incredible comeback.  The point of all of these examples is to illustrate that emotion can be a real wildcard factor.  I'd expect it to benefit NY on this particular day. 

Why the hell will the Jets benefit emotionally from 9/11?  None of the players on the team were there at the time.  Hell, most of them were in grade school.  What emotional edge do they get from that?  And that emotion goes away after the first couple plays anyway.

It will come down to who is the better team and there's no question who that is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 08:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: They must have.

Did anyone really think that the Jets would go into a season with Geno Smith as their starting QB?

The Jets have named Geno the starter every season he's been there, so it's not absurd...it's just sad.

(07-27-2016, 11:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Who does Fitz have to throw to?

I'm not saying the Jets are going to win, but how can you look at Marshall and Decker and claim Fitzpatrick has "no one to throw to?"  They combined for 26 TDs and over 2,500 yards last season.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 02:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Jets have named Geno the starter every season he's been there, so it's not absurd...it's just sad.

I'm not saying the Jets are going to win, but how can you look at Marshall and Decker and claim Fitzpatrick has "no one to throw to?"  They combined for 26 TDs and over 2,500 yards last season.

Fans seem to underestimate the competition. And when sht hits the fan, they act surprised.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 02:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Jets have named Geno the starter every season he's been there, so it's not absurd...it's just sad.

But awesome sig man...THEY ARE GOING TO WIN. For reasons that you probably already know.

1. Jets D-Line>Bengals O-Line.

2. Aj Green disappears when a cornerback of equal or greater calibur goes on him one-on-one (think Sherman on AJ Green during that epic Seahawks game last year.) Darelle Revis did to when the Patriots were "on to Cincinatti". He will likely do it again.
3. FitzPatrick, Decker, and the Ex Bears are more than a match for a Burfict-less defense.

Here's to hopping Bell's suspension upholds. 0-3 is a very real possibility this season.
Reply/Quote
Decker, Marshall and Forte will be his main targets.

Dre will be tested early and often. Our LBs will be tested by their TE and/or Forte

These battles may determine the outcome.

Reply/Quote
The game against the Jets just got tougher, but it is still very winnable. And if you don't like a particular thread in a particular forum, it's not like someone is standing over you making you read it. Just don't click on it..... Geeze.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 02:46 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: But awesome sig man...THEY ARE GOING TO WIN. For reasons that you probably already know.

1. Jets D-Line>Bengals O-Line.

2. Aj Green disappears when a cornerback of equal or greater calibur goes on him one-on-one (think Sherman on AJ Green during that epic Seahawks game last year.) Darelle Revis did to when the Patriots were "on to Cincinatti". He will likely do it again.
3. FitzPatrick, Decker, and the Ex Bears are more than a match for a Burfict-less defense.

Here's to hopping Bell's suspension upholds. 0-3 is a very real possibility this season.

:troll:
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 02:46 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: 2. Aj Green disappears when a cornerback of equal or greater calibur goes on him one-on-one (think Sherman on AJ Green during that epic Seahawks game last year.) Darelle Revis did to when the Patriots were "on to Cincinatti". He will likely do it again.

Silly troll.  Green had 5 catches for 81 yards and a TD against Revis in that game.  

Green also had 11 catches for 128 yards against Brent Grimes in 2013

How about in '12 when he had 7 catches for 135 yards and 2 tds against Joe Haden?  Or in 2011 when he had 3 catches for 110 against Haden?

In '12 he torched DeAngelo Hall of the Redskins for 183 yards.

He had 6 for 91 and a TD against Pro Bowler Brandon Flowers and the Chiefs in '12.

The Bears Charles Tillman was coming off an All Pro season with the Bears when Green torched him for 162 yards and 2 tds in '13.

Antonio Cromartie was a Pro Bowler in '13 when Green went for 115 yards against the Jets in '13.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:53 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boy, we just can't quit finding things to argue about.  "Does this thread belong in JN?"; "Who doesn't know the starting QB against us in our first game?"  And on......

And is it necessary with the name calling?    Whatever

Bingo. So juvenile and annoying. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Have you checked out the Bengal's season schedule?

are we afraid of fitz?  no......
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:53 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: And is it necessary with the name calling?    Whatever

I seem to recall you just recently calling someone a loser in the Pokemon Go thread....but I don't recall who it was. Glass houses.
Reply/Quote