Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitz signs with Jets
(07-28-2016, 09:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Silly troll.  Green had 5 catches for 81 yards and a TD against Revis in that game.  

Green also had 11 catches for 128 yards against Brent Grimes in 2013

How about in '12 when he had 7 catches for 135 yards and 2 tds against Joe Haden?  Or in 2011 when he had 3 catches for 110 against Haden?

In '12 he torched DeAngelo Hall of the Redskins for 183 yards.

He had 6 for 91 and a TD against Pro Bowler Brandon Flowers and the Chiefs in '12.

The Bears Charles Tillman was coming off an All Pro season with the Bears when Green torched him for 162 yards and 2 tds in '13.

Antonio Cromartie was a Pro Bowler in '13 when Green went for 115 yards against the Jets in '13.
What are you disputing? That AJ disappears against top corners or Revis has his number? Both?

Reply/Quote
In a game vs the Bills in which a win would have sent the Jets to the playoffs Fitz went 18-37 for 181 yards with three INTs in three straight drives at the end of the game. I like him too but he didn't exactly perform well under pressure. Not saying he will do that against the Bengals but we'll see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:33 AM)BengalRed Wrote: In a game vs the Bills in which a win would have sent the Jets to the playoffs Fitz went 18-37 for 181 yards with three INTs in three straight drives at the end of the game. I like him too but he didn't exactly perform well under pressure. Not saying he will do that against the Bengals but we'll see.

Fitzpatrick also threw for 6 TDs and 0 INTs once.  He hain't the best, but he's better than Geno Smith so that's the issue here.  The Jets are at home, have a good defense, a slew of offensive weapons (plus Forte, now), and they signed a QB who usually performs pretty well in their system.  I'm still penciling in a win, but I was going to tattoo a win in if Geno suited up.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:51 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Well I wasn't implying that I was scared of him. I started this thread to start the discussion about who the Bengals would face in the first game of the season. If you were aware of the Bengals' schedule maybe you wouldn't look like such an ass.

Ughhh, calm down tough guy.  You're making yourself look like an ass.

And by your logic, are you going to make threads for the other 15 games too?

Edit: I saw your apology. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers by asking if "it belongs in JN". Like I said, I didn't want to be "that guy". And I don't think of myself any less of a fan by not knowing the first game of the season before training camp.

Back on topic, have we faced Fitz before? He's got great receivers in Marshall and Decker. Forte isn't what he once was. I beleive our D will be fine
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:43 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fitzpatrick also threw for 6 TDs and 0 INTs once.  He hain't the best, but he's better than Geno Smith so that's the issue here.  The Jets are at home, have a good defense, a slew of offensive weapons (plus Forte, now), and they signed a QB who usually performs pretty well in their system.  I'm still penciling in a win, but I was going to tattoo a win in if Geno suited up.

All true, plus who knows if Dalton and his new weapons will be on the same page game 1.

I still think it will be a low scoring game with us squeaking it out but you are right, if it was Geno Smith out there i
would like our chances of beating them soundly much more. Fitz aint the best but he can get the job done and i
forgot they got Forte for heck sake. That dude i believe has always been underrated, great RB in his prime.

We will see if Forte still has it but he can beat you in the running and the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 12:05 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Ughhh, calm down tough guy.  You're making yourself look like an ass.

And by your logic, are you going to make threads for the other 15 games too?

Edit:  I saw your apology.  Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers by asking if "it belongs in JN".  Like I said, I didn't want to be "that guy".  And I don't think of myself any less of a fan by not knowing the first game of the season before training camp.

Back on topic, have we faced Fitz before?  He's got great receivers in Marshall and Decker.  Forte isn't what he once was.  I beleive our D will be fine
No problem. Like TT said, we're all part of the Bengal family here. No worries.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 10:19 AM)Beaker Wrote: I seem to recall you just recently calling someone a loser in the Pokemon Go thread....but I don't recall who it was. Glass houses.

That was joking around, or at least I thought you and I were joking around.  If you took that seriously, then I apologize.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 09:06 AM)McC Wrote: :troll:

I may be a bit direct at times, but I'm not trolling.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 10:24 AM)jeremydc Wrote: What are you disputing? That AJ disappears against top corners or Revis has his number? Both?

generally a top flight corner should be able to mostly nuteralize a WR... no blank them but keep them in check.. that's why they make as much if not more than the WRs themselves.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Third quarter is not garbage time.

When you're up 29, 26, and 33, yes it is.
Reply/Quote