Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bridgewater
...but if Andy starts under performing, wouldn't we then have a QB controversy and have the fans divided with those demanding Teddy get a starting shot?

Best to just keep Andy and blame it all on him. If he gets injured, then we speed dial Teddy.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 12:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Reports from the camp that wants to trade him. Of course he looks great. Damaged goods man, damaged goods.

Beat reporters watching practice aren't being paid to help his trade value. See the stats from camp showing he is playing fine.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 02:24 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: ...but if Andy starts under performing, wouldn't we then have a QB controversy and have the fans divided with those demanding Teddy get a starting shot?

Best to just keep Andy and blame it all on him. If he gets injured, then we speed dial Teddy.

And people thought it was bad when A.J. was Andy's back-up....

Andy misses one through and half the stadium will start chanting Teddy.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We don't seem interested in the vet route seeing as Matt Moore is a FA so I'm going to just assume Woodside is our Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
The good news is that Cincy will sit back and let this situation play out, which is actually the right move here. I have to be careful with this one as I was a Bridgewater fan enough to be fine with drafting him had he fell (and Dalton not been extended just before).

If Bridgewater looks good, they'll try to sell him to the highest bidder...likely due to injury. If there aren't any major injuries, I think they keep all 3 QB's for trade value before the trade deadline. If they don't, yes I'd hope Cincy would make an offer. They have to see how bad their own backup situation plays out, and if Bridgewater is healthy, so be patient.
Reply/Quote
If Teddy is pre injury form than he’d be pushing Dalton to be better unlike what we have now
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Personally I would take Teddy in a heartbeat over Barkley and Drickell.

Part of me though believes this wont happen because the Bengals do not want anyone remotely capable enough to challenge Andy for the starting job, imo. Now I dont think Teddy will ever be starter material again, at least like a franchise QB starter. But he definitely can be of the best backups in the league.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Evidently, they are looking to trade Bridgewater. It was being discussed on Sirius this morning, and one of the spots they talked about that would make sense was Cincinnati. We really have Driskell and that's it. Barkley sucks, and Woodside is evidently having issues. Wonder what they would give up to bring in Teddy to be Andy's backup?

There was another thread referencing this i think was called backup QB...

In it i said i would be all for getting Teddy in here. He would be quality depth. I like Driskel but you are correct on the
other two it seems, they are struggling.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 02:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Personally I would take Teddy in a heartbeat over Barkley and Drickell.

Part of me though believes this wont happen because the Bengals do not want anyone remotely capable enough to challenge Andy for the starting job, imo. Now I dont think Teddy will ever be starter material again, at least like a franchise QB starter. But he definitely can be of the best backups in the league.

Yup,

I doubt they'd want the pressure Befine, err umm the media would put on every time Dalton stubs his toe.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 02:24 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: ...but if Andy starts under performing, wouldn't we then have a QB controversy and have the fans divided with those demanding Teddy get a starting shot?

True, I'd hate to have a decent QB waiting if Dalton struggles.  Personally, the fact that we even bothered looking for replacements for Zampese and Paul Alexander troubled me.  I'm more of a fan of a team that never puts pressure on it's players/coaches/staff.  This is why I'm a big fan of the Marin Lewis and Mike Brown for life mentality that goes on here.

Then again, we managed to get a small fanclub out of AJ McCarron and he looks like he might end up on the scrap-heap due to an inability to outplay Nathan "5 INTs in one half" Peterman, so I'm confident we can get a QB controversy going no matter what kind of crap we have on the bench. I've got wood for Woodside...do you?
Reply/Quote
Where's the thread police? He's not on the Bengals roster. Been slammed for that once before.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 08:43 PM)BengalD Wrote: Where's the thread police?  He's not on the Bengals roster.  Been slammed for that once before.

Ask, and Ye shall receive..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Knowing this teams luck I have a feeling we will miss AJ more than the 4 years he was here. I still don't see how the Bengals lost the case for AJ. There will be a surprise QB cut sometime before the first game. Depending on how the guys we have look in pre season I would pick one up. Still pissed Pitt got Rudolph.
Reply/Quote