Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flacco
(10-22-2015, 02:35 AM)E.A. Poe Wrote:  Nope 1-6 most likely. Do you get points for making many individual posts or is your brain incapable of functioning for more than 10 seconds at a time?

I'd love to say that your smack has gotten worse since the Ravens began shitting the bed, but it hasn't.  I guess we have found out what rock bottom here looks like.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 07:09 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: Yeps. I thought we had a good roster, but we failed to have any depth worth talking about. And Flacco has me pulling my hair out every time he drops back. I have absolutely no smack to dish out and it hurts.

Look at the bright side, Flacco will be paid well in 2016 with the 28 million cap hit. Wink

At least Joe will be laughing all the way to the bank.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Look at the bright side, Flacco will be paid well in 2016 with the 28 million cap hit. Wink

At least Joe will be laughing all the way to the bank.

well at this rate they could trade him away and draft a new QB with the first overall pick
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well at this rate they could trade him away and draft a new QB with the first overall pick

LOL..>You think some other team will pick up that contract?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
the browns, chiefs, detroit, and the redskins could use a below average qb
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:35 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL..>You think some other team will pick up that contract?

hmmmm probly not... But dan snyder is still around and jerry jones so theres a chance.
Reply/Quote
How would the cap hits work on such a trade? Wouldn't it work where the Ravens still take an accelerated cap hit of the bonus money they already paid while the new team takes on the rest under their cap?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 05:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: How would the cap hits work on such a trade? Wouldn't it work where the Ravens still take an accelerated cap hit of the bonus money they already paid while the new team takes on the rest under their cap?

Well any gaurenteed money is generally paid up front but then budgeted on the payroll over the corse the the contract so thats all ravens money.. but in a trade the new team would take on whatever salary for the years remaining and with a backloaded contract those years are very expensive. I dont know if there are bonuses each of those years etc that might have to be paid.

but a team could restructure the contract turning salary toa signing bonus but for his production and price tag a trade does seem far out.
Reply/Quote
You guys are confusing cap with salary.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 01:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You guys are confusing cap with salary.

How?

I think we have it more or less correct. All bonus monies already paid out to Flacco would go to the Ravens cap and would accelerate as he would be no longer on the roster. The new team would have to absorb the salary still to be paid and any bonuses still to be paid.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 03:56 AM)TYIJoelist Wrote: How?

I think we have it more or less correct. All bonus monies already paid out to Flacco would go to the Ravens cap and would accelerate as he would be no longer on the roster. The new team would have to absorb the salary still to be paid and any bonuses still to be paid.

I believe it's the REMAINING bonus $ not $ already paid. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 03:56 AM)Joelist Wrote: How?

People were suggesting that the $28m would what another team has to take on when it is the cap hit for the Ravens. His salary would be $18m. Not sure if the $4m option bonus would apply.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People were suggesting that the $28m would what another team has to take on when it is the cap hit for the Ravens. His salary would be $18m. Not sure if the $4m option bonus would apply.

Thanks. 

I was thinking it is more like what we had happen when the Bucs signed Michael Johnson as a free agent than cut him after one season and we signed him back again. MJ is making big bucks this season but most of them are paid by the Bucs and on their cap.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 08:22 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I'd love to say that your smack has gotten worse since the Ravens began shitting the bed, but it hasn't.  I guess we have found out what rock bottom here looks like.

Uhh, have you forgotten BFritz and coltsfan already?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Oh dear.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Flacco showed us how "elite" he is in the clutch on MNF.
Reply/Quote
It takes elite skill to lob balls up into no man's land over and over
Reply/Quote
[Image: Bcr2465CQAAmePI.jpg]
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:40 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: [Image: Bcr2465CQAAmePI.jpg]

The only thing keeping Flacco from the title of "Most Overrated QB in the NFL" is Andrew Luck.
Reply/Quote
No!! that was a nice touch pass by Flacco.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote