Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida serial killer caught
First you've heard of this you say?

Because it's not newsworthy. The dude's not the right color.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-tampa/seminole-heights-killings-timeline-of-events-that-lead-to-arrest-of-howell-emanuel-donaldson-iii?page=2
I've been seeing stories about this crop up in my news aggregation sites from CNN, HuffPost, USA Today, and FoxNews for over a month. Where have you been?

Edit: Heck, I looked back and saw it in the NY Times, Business Insider, NY Daily New, CBS, and on and on...
(11-30-2017, 11:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've been seeing stories about this crop up in my news aggregation sites from CNN, HuffPost, USA Today, and FoxNews for over a month. Where have you been?

Edit: Heck, I looked back and saw it in the NY Times, Business Insider, NY Daily New, CBS, and on and on...

But did they mention his race?!?!?!?!?!

[Image: 34e915d99f660931ed4cc5201baa1c53.jpg]

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-30-2017, 11:35 AM)Vlad Wrote: First you've heard of this you say?

Because it's not newsworthy. The dude's not the right color.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-tampa/seminole-heights-killings-timeline-of-events-that-lead-to-arrest-of-howell-emanuel-donaldson-iii?page=2

I've been following this for a while now.  the real question is, where have you been? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

I don't get it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Lightbulb 
This has been a story for over a month?

And what does race have to do with this?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(11-30-2017, 02:29 PM)Synric Wrote: This has been a story for over a month?

And what does race have to do with this?

The only thing I can think of is that serial killers tend to be white males. Maybe the OP is implying that we never hear stories of black killers which is ridiculous. I can hardly go a week on social media without one of my right "leaning" friends not pointing out how many murders there were in Chicago this week or whatever... They certainly love Chicago right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-30-2017, 02:34 PM)jason Wrote: The only thing I can think of is that serial killers tend to be white males. Maybe the OP is implying that we never hear stories of black killers which is ridiculous. I can hardly go a week on social media without one of my right "leaning" friends not pointing out how many murders there were in Chicago this week or whatever... They certainly love Chicago right now.

Poverty stricken places are hardest hit, drugs addicts you name it, but we never hear about it, cause no one wants to report black on black crime. Young Black men should be more scared of other young black men than any white guy.
(11-30-2017, 03:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Poverty stricken places are hardest hit, drugs addicts you name it, but we never hear about it, cause no one wants to report black on black crime. Young Black men should be more scared of other young black men than any white guy.

I don't understand that. How are people claiming they don't hear anything about that? It's on the local news. It's been in pop culture for at least 30 years. If people aren't hearing stories about black on black crime, they are choosing to not pay attention to it.

I also don't think anyone can pinpoint who or what "young black men" are most afraid of. I'm sure it varies from person to person.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-30-2017, 03:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Poverty stricken places are hardest hit, drugs addicts you name it, but we never hear about it, cause no one wants to report black on black crime. Young Black men should be more scared of other young black men than any white guy.

It's reported in most likely every daily paper every day, every TV news stations every day, and most down the middle news sites. Maybe some folks aren't looking which has led to a false narrative, but crime — black on black, white on white, whatever — is reported as quickly as it comes in these days. 
(11-30-2017, 04:38 PM)Benton Wrote: It's reported in most likely every daily paper every day, every TV news stations every day, and most down the middle news sites. Maybe some folks aren't looking which has led to a false narrative, but crime — black on black, white on white, whatever — is reported as quickly as it comes in these days. 

If it bleeds it leads....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.