Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio pays Bengals a complement?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/11/mike-tomlin-steelers-followed-nfl-policy-in-letting-vance-mcdonald-play/

Of course, much of this is Florio making excuses for the pig, but he does say some interesting things about the game this weekend. I almost fell out of my chair.

EDIT:  The woman in this interview makes a lot of excuses for the players and even says "unless they just stay in their homes".  That is exactly what these pro football players should do during the season.  They have huge contracts and can protect themselves and their teams by being safe.  If not going out to bars is too big a sacrifice, then perhaps your team doesn't belong in the playoffs.  Heck, college kids are doing it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/11/mike-tomlin-steelers-followed-nfl-policy-in-letting-vance-mcdonald-play/

Of course, much of this is Florio making excuses for the pig, but he does say some interesting things about the game this weekend. I almost fell out of my chair.

EDIT:  The woman in this interview makes a lot of excuses for the players and even says "unless they just stay in their homes".  That is exactly what these pro football players should do during the season.  They have huge contracts and can protect themselves and their teams by being safe.  If not going out to bars is too big a sacrifice, then perhaps your team doesn't belong in the playoffs.  Heck, college kids are doing it.  

You do it first, then talk. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 10:52 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You do it first, then talk. 

I have?  I do the grocery shopping for my folks that are elderly, but always wear a mask to protect the risk of me conveying it to anyone else.  And I am not paid millions for a 17 week season.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 10:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have?  I do the grocery shopping for my folks that are elderly, but always wear a mask to protect the risk of me conveying it to anyone else.  And I am not paid millions for a 17 week season.  

Then, no, you are not staying home. Better get someone else to do it. Who cares about salary, don't tell someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself. That is called being a hypocrite. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 11:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Then, no, you are not staying home. Better get someone else to do it. Who cares about salary, don't tell someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself. That is called being a hypocrite. 

I'm sure if he made the millions these athletes make he would. We unfortunately don't so we have to at least grocery shop.

To his point, you hope they'd take better precautions as we see the nfl season hanging by the thread. We all want our football.

We saw Basketball players do it and were praised for it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 11:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Then, no, you are not staying home. Better get someone else to do it. Who cares about salary, don't tell someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself. That is called being a hypocrite. 

I mean come on, NFL players do have the salary to afford having others do stuff like that for them. Kind of a ridiculous argument to start.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/11/mike-tomlin-steelers-followed-nfl-policy-in-letting-vance-mcdonald-play/

I agree. There are plenty of delivery/pickup options that are contactless. Some of which don't even charge additional if you hit a certain amount spent.

One other thing to note too is avoiding other friends and family outside of the household who you are not sure have isolated.

My sister-in-law and her husband are recovering from COVID, of which they believe they got from a family member who was not exhibiting symptoms but had visited recently.

So the point I'm getting at is even if the players themselves "wall off", the rest of the household should do it as well to reduce risk.
And it's even more important when you have 50+ people on each sideline and then playing across from each other on the field on game days, having a higher risk of exposure with that many people.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

You liken wearing a mask in a grocery store to going to a bar?  Ok, just being sure before you wind up on the ignore list.  Best invention ever.  Call me a hypocrite?  Please.  You know nothing about me, but no one here should care what I am doing but the NFL players?  Yes, they are fans of a league that they hope continues.  The selfishness of some players astounds me, but I guess you will argue "free country" or some other lame ass excuse.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 11:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You liken wearing a mask in a grocery store to going to a bar?  Ok, just being sure before you wind up on the ignore list.  Best invention ever.  Call me a hypocrite?  Please.  You know nothing about me, but no one here should care what I am doing but the NFL players?  Yes, they are fans of a league that they hope continues.  The selfishness of some players astounds me, but I guess you will argue "free country" or some other lame ass excuse.  

Lol, I didn't say a single thing about going to the bars. I highlighted you telling them to stay home. Also, I doubt all of these positives are from bar hopping. Selfishness is you telling someone what they should do or live their life, for your own pleasure. Now if you would have said for their own well-being, that is one thing, but you've not mentioned their well-being one.single.time. I could care less if you ignore me, it doesn't make your statement any less ignorant. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 11:55 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lol, I didn't say a single thing about going to the bars. I highlighted you telling them to stay home. Also, I doubt all of these positives are from bar hopping. Selfishness is you telling someone what they should do or live their life, for your own pleasure. Now if you would have said for their own well-being, that is one thing, but you've not mentioned their well-being one.single.time. I could care less if you ignore me, it doesn't make your statement any less ignorant. 

Funny, Webster's has a bit different definition, but interesting that you made your own.  The regard for others is the part you missed, calling me a hypocrite for not avoiding the grocery?  I have acted 100% to protect my family.  If that is being selfish in your eyes, so be it.  Just like being called ignorant my an imbecile.  I take it as a complement.  

"concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others"
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 12:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Funny, Webster's has a bit different definition, but interesting that you made your own.  The regard for others is the part you missed, calling me a hypocrite for not avoiding the grocery?  I have acted 100% to protect my family.  If that is being selfish in your eyes, so be it.  Just like being called ignorant my an imbecile.  I take it as a complement.  

"concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others"

Yeah I am calling you a hypocrite because you are telling one person to not do something that you in fact are doing yourself. You can't do store pick-up? I know pretty much any grocery store has them regardless of income. So if you expect a football player to not walk in a grocery store, you probably shouldn't either. I'm just holding you to the same standard since you are so willing to tell them how they should live their lives. Seems pretty fair to me. 

Oh and just an fyi- I didn't call you selfish for going to grocery store. I called you selfish for telling a player how to live their life for your own pleasure of watching football, not their well-being (which is exaclty what you pulled there from websters, so thanks for proving my point) but way to read my post there buddy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 11:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Who cares about salary, don't tell someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself. That is called being a hypocrite. 

The NFL league minimum salary is $610,000 a year.  If I was making that much and my job depended on staying home then i would damn sure stay at home.

You would have to be a dumbass not to.
Reply/Quote
Sorry that thi thread got sidetracked. But back to the OP

Florio did say this Bengal team was good enough to beat the Steelers. So, YES, he clearly gave the Bengals a compliment.
Reply/Quote

Is there any chance you're just being argumentative?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 02:36 PM)McC Wrote: Is there any chance you're just being argumentative?

Why? Because I don't really think its someone place to tell others what they should do with their life, like leaving their own home? Especially when its only for the person demanding it's benefit?
Reply/Quote
Florio said that only so when the Steelers win it is that much more impressive.
Reply/Quote

If you think wearing a mask at a grocery store to shop for his elderly parents is the equivalent of going clubbing . . . what decade was the last time that you were out in a club? I used to DJ in a few so I know that they've changed over the years.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Pay is important to mention as most of these players get paid per being active and actually playing games. They should want to be as safe as possible.

If games get cancelled, they don't get paid...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 05:47 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If you think wearing a mask at a grocery store to shop for his elderly parents is the equivalent of going clubbing . . . what decade was the last time that you were out in a club? I used to DJ in a few so I know that they've changed over the years.

Asked and answered. Keep reading there buddy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 03:06 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Why? Because I don't really think its someone place to tell others what they should do with their life, like leaving their own home? Especially when its only for the person demanding it's benefit?

Hint, this isn’t a Libertarian blog. You are as guilty of telling someone where their place is as anyone.

Since the NFL made a big deal selling the fans on its Wuhan protocols, it’s fair game for us FOOTBALL fans to tee off.

So far so good in the NFL, like the rest of us Wuhan isn’t wide spread nor is it particularly serious for the NFL’s age group. Could the NFL do better than the fans to have a lower infection rate? Absolutely. I don’t understand why they haven’t. Scouts honor among players isn’t going to do it. Forced quarantine is what they should have done, like an extended training camp.
Reply/Quote