Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folks... It's time to stop going to the games
Change is desperately needed. It is needed for the present and future if this generation of Bengal players. What we saw these past two weeks has been putrid and unacceptable. And once again, NO ACCOUNTABILITY anywhere. Marvins job is safe. Zampese's job is safe. Dalton is under no pressure of being benched (even on principle). And that is NEVER going to change as long as fans continue to show up on gameday.

Now I know, attendance hasn't been great these past two weeks. But more pressure on the family business owners is needed. If you think an abysmal win/loss record is enough to get certain folks out of the picture, you're dreaming. The current head coach has reached the playoffs several times in a row and is likely viewed as the man to get us back at some point by the front office. And that is just fine and dandy with them. The front office will not part ways with anyone on this staff as long as people continue to buy tickets.

So it's simple: stop buying tickets. If you're a season ticket owner, mail your tickets back to the front office with a letter attached venting your frustration. If enough people do that, then (and only then) will changes be made. Until that time... This shit show is partially on us: the fans.
Reply/Quote
I completely agree with the spirit here.

However, I am in the firm belief that if they make changes just because fans stop going to games or sending in their tickets, then that wont be good enough. Its a start and probably the only way some changes happen.

But in my opinion the changes that need to be made should be made because they want to be an elite NFL team and organization. They should have to want to be better all the way around from top to bottom, and wanting to be better should be at the core of their business model. Making changes because of fans, well its better than nothing obviously, but not good enough if they ever want to be elite.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wish I could influence this, but since I've never bought a ticket nor any kind of "gear" I don't suppose the Brown family is apt to listen to much I have to say. 
Other than being mildly disappointed it doesn't really matter a hell of a lot if they never won another game or even scored another point. 
Maybe that's how to influence the whole thing with complete indifference. Just don't care and don't buy anything they have to sell.. Most businesses don't thrive to indifferent customers.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:00 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I completely agree with the spirit here.

However, I am in the firm belief that if they make changes just because fans stop going to games or sending in their tickets, then that wont be good enough. Its a start and probably the only way some changes happen.

But in my opinion the changes that need to be made should be made because they want to be an elite NFL team and organization. They should have to want to be better all the way around from top to bottom, and wanting to be better should be at the core of their business model. Making changes because of fans, well its better than nothing obviously, but not good enough if they ever want to be elite.

What have you seen under Mikey's regime that leads you to believe they want to be elite?  I believe the business model here is its run like a business.  I, get it, it's the Browns only business.  But it does seem to me that butts not n seats at least gets his attention.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:07 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: What have you seen under Mikey's regime that leads you to believe they want to be elite?  I believe the business model here is its run like a business.  I, get it, it's the Browns only business.  But it does seem to me that butts not n seats at least gets his attention.

Nothing, which is why an empty stadium is probably the only way for changes to happen as I said.

My point was Bengals will never be an elite organization and team until they actually want to be. Until then its 'model model' with maybe a new head coach with minimal other changes to appease those empty seats. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:11 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Nothing, which is why an empty stadium is probably the only way for changes to happen as I said.

My point was Bengals will never be an elite organization and team until they actually want to be. Until then its 'model model' with maybe a new head coach with minimal other changes to appease those empty seats. 

Yup !

Mike Brown would never let a HC come in here and take over ! Even if he does (like .000000001%) he fires Marvin. Mike's not going to let new HC pick his own staff, call the shots etc.

Until a true house cleaning happens it's just window dressing.
Reply/Quote
I'd remind people calling for Dalton to be benched that AJ McCarron is far less mobile of a QB and would likely get murdered behind this line.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:34 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'd remind people calling for Dalton to be benched that AJ McCarron is far less mobile of a QB and would likely get murdered behind this line.

Blah blah blah this is starting to sound like those who don't want to fire Marvin because we'll return to the dark days of the 90's. Just TRY IT! The offense can't be any worse.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Blah blah blah this is starting to sound like those who don't want to fire Marvin because we'll return to the dark days of the 90's. Just TRY IT! The offense can't be any worse.

They look just like the 90's Bengals...

The offense does, anyway.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:51 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Change is desperately needed. It is needed for the present and future if this generation of Bengal players. What we saw these past two weeks has been putrid and unacceptable. And once again, NO ACCOUNTABILITY anywhere. Marvins job is safe. Zampese's job is safe. Dalton is under no pressure of being benched (even on principle). And that is NEVER going to change as long as fans continue to show up on gameday.

Now I know, attendance hasn't been great these past two weeks. But more pressure on the family business owners is needed. If you think an abysmal win/loss record is enough to get certain folks out of the picture, you're dreaming. The current head coach has reached the playoffs several times in a row and is likely viewed as the man to get us back at some point by the front office. And that is just fine and dandy with them. The front office will not part ways with anyone on this staff as long as people continue to buy tickets.

So it's simple: stop buying tickets. If you're a season ticket owner, mail your tickets back to the front office with a letter attached venting your frustration. If enough people do that, then (and only then) will changes be made. Until that time... This shit show is partially on us: the fans.

Unfortunately its not going to hit Mike Brown in the pocket but I cancelled my NFL.com Gamepass ticket at halftime last night.  I was going to give them the full game but it was about 3am here in the U.K and I was shattered, had work in the morning and after watching that first half I was depressed as hell so cancelled.  

Costs $190 to watch the games for a season and I've followed the Bengals for 6 years on Gamepass but can't do it this year and stay up watching that dross...
Reply/Quote
Curse of Mikey Boy - Part 27

[Image: Its-got-a-death-curse.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Blah blah blah this is starting to sound like those who don't want to fire Marvin because we'll return to the dark days of the 90's. Just TRY IT! The offense can't be any worse.

Are there still people out there who think firing Marvin will put us back in the 90's? Did they not see the last two games? If there is one single person out there still in favor of Marvin, they need their head examined... Not even Fred Toast can be happy with Marv now 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:51 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: {snip}

Sorry ... but Mikey has already made his money from the season ticket holders, so sending back the tickets is nothing more than symbolic.

If nobody bought season tickets for next year, that would have some financial impact, but only insofar as public perception is involved ... and we all know that Mikey doesn't give a s*** about public perception.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup !

Mike Brown would never let a HC come in here and take over ! Even if he does (like .000000001%) he fires Marvin. Mike's not going to let new HC pick his own staff, call the shots etc.

Until a true house cleaning happens it's just window dressing.

Probably... But I don't know how much of a control freak Mike is anymore. Did he not let Marvin choose to bring aboard Mike Zimmer? Didn't Marv have a huge say when they hired Gruden? And the promotion of Hue? I also assume it was partly Marvin's idea to promote Guenther and Zampese. 

So if Marv is not brought back next season, does the new HC have just as much say as Marvin? Does he have to earn Mike's trust? Or does he have to earn Katie's trust? Hell, is Mike even calling any shots anymore?

There's so much we don't know... But what we do know is this: Marvin and Zampese need to be out on their asses immediately if not sooner 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:45 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Sorry ... but Mikey has already made his money from the season ticket holders, so sending back the tickets is nothing more than symbolic.

If nobody bought season tickets for next year, that would have some financial impact, but only insofar as public perception is involved ... and we all know that Mikey doesn't give a s*** about public perception.

Oh I know. But it would be something. I guarantee you the family won't be happy seeing empty seats on gameday, and they probably won't enjoy seeing countless piles of returned season tickets with scathing letters either. They won't feel the financial impact until next season, but a sign of complete rejection like that couldn't hurt.
Reply/Quote
Isn't this like 10 years too late?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Like was stated earlier. The tickets have already been paid for this season and it will not hurt MB this year.

Totally expect that next year there will be a mass exodus of fans purchasing tickets.

Marvin's time has expired here it appears and should take Alexander and Zampese with him for sure.

Last night was not a total bummer for as we did get to talk with Chad Johnson for about 5 minutes.

Would post pic but never have any luck on here with that.

Can view at my FB page by searching Tom Wood (Louisville Ky) if anybody is interested.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote