Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Outsiders Top 25 NFL Prospects
Some positive news on the Bengals from this list. It's essentially a ranking of guys who they feel will become big time players in the future with the benefit of full time snaps.

The Bengals landed three on the Top 25:
1. Carl Lawson
6. Jordan Willis
19. Andrew Billings

The qualifiers:

1. Third-round pick or lower, or undrafted, from the classes of 2015-2017
2. 500 or fewer offensive or defensive career snaps through Week 10 of 2017 (except running backs, who have a maximum of 300 snaps)
3. No signed contract extension
4. Age 26 or younger
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 09:36 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Some positive news on the Bengals from this list. It's essentially a ranking of guys who they feel will become big time players in the future with the benefit of full time snaps.

1. Carl Lawson
6. Jordan Willis
19. Andrew Billings

The qualifiers:

2. 500 or fewer offensive or defensive career snaps through Week 10 of 2017 (except running backs, who have a maximum of 300 snaps)
4. Age 26 or younger

That's pretty cool.  Lawson and Willis have shown more than Billings so far but he looks to be coming on too.

I know he doesn't fit all the parameters but Will Jack is a star in the making.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:17 PM)McC Wrote: That's pretty cool.  Lawson and Willis have shown more than Billings so far but he looks to be coming on too.

I know he doesn't fit all the parameters but Will Jack is a star in the making.

No doubt, also think Mixon could be big time with a decent O-line.

Maybe even Ross with another coach that doesn't black ball his ass.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, also think Mixon could be big time with a decent O-line.

Maybe even Ross with another coach that doesn't black ball his ass.

Agree,

Mixon has shown a ton of make em miss ability, at times. And I think the O-line drastically limited our ability to see what he's really got !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

Mixon has shown a ton of make em miss ability, at times. 

He's also shown a ton of if they don't miss I'm going down like a freshman on prom night. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's also shown a ton of if they don't miss I'm going down like a freshman on prom night. 

Agreed.

I hope Mixon pans out; it’s difficult to judge him behind this Line. But so far, I’m not all that impressed. He does show some ability here & there, so I’m optimistic.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's also shown a ton of if they don't miss I'm going down like a freshman on prom night. 

If the other two RBs on this roster hadn't looked like doodoo as well, I'd hold it against Mixon. Since they have, I'll go ahead and blame the O line and coaching. Maybe I'm wrong, and all 3 of them just suck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 09:36 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Some positive news on the Bengals from this list. It's essentially a ranking of guys who they feel will become big time players in the future with the benefit of full time snaps.

1. Carl Lawson
6. Jordan Willis
19. Andrew Billings

The qualifiers:

4. Age 26 or younger

This doesn't surprise me really. Leading up to the draft, a lot of draft experts and sites had Billings as a first-round prospect and Lawson and Willis as second-rounders or fringe first-rounders. What this really says is that Football Outsiders feel that these players will become better players than the round they were selected (3rd rounder and lower is typically considered serviceable starter at best).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
That's fine and dandy but i wish it was spread among other positions. we're pretty stacked at d-line already with great players like Atkins and Dunlap.

We have zero o-linemen.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 11:37 PM)jason Wrote: If the other two RBs on this roster hadn't looked like doodoo as well, I'd hold it against Mixon. Since they have, I'll go ahead and blame the O line and coaching. Maybe I'm wrong, and all 3 of them just suck.

It's hard for any back to run if he gets no momentum and momentum is hard to come by if you're dodging tacklers in the backfield.  And the most salient point of all is that all three backs have done nothing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

Oh I agree, I've been disappointed in him overall. But I'm not going to pass judgement on him just yet when he's getting hit 1/2 the time in the backfield.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ... that doesn't black ball his ass.

Is this racist?  I can't tell.
Reply/Quote
This team has plenty of talented players, but so does every NFL team. The teams at the top of the food chain pick lowest in the draft and visa versa, the bad teams pick higher. It's extremely rare that anyone who gets drafted at any spot doesn't have a pretty damn good college career so they're all talented guys. 
There's so many variables that determine whether they succeed or fail, coaching, injuries, personal lives, doing extraordinarily stupid stuff off the field and even on the field and on and on.. Sometimes a guy has more than enough talent, but just doesn't get much of a chance with a teams scheme. (see Chris Smith) 
I'd venture to say that this team has more than a few players sitting who would excel on some other team..It's that way on just about every team. 

On a side note I got promoted to "role player". Gee..does that mean I'm expected to be the guy who blocks the punt in the last seconds of the big game? I'm 58.. I'm not blocking any punts unless someone else picks me up and heaves me into the ball.. lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
this is a bright light in a dark season.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 11:46 AM)corpjet Wrote: this is a bright light in a dark season.......

Aww, C'mon.. You know that this point in the season is when everything turns around and we go on a tear and go to the supper bowl.. Maybe the dinner bowl.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 10:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I agree, I've been disappointed in him overall. But I'm not going to pass judgement on him just yet when he's getting hit 1/2 the time in the backfield.

There have been 228 rushing attempts this season.  There have been about ten holes.  End of story.  Every discussion about the backs begins and ends with the five worthless turds pretending to block in front of them. 

None of the three backs forgot how to run the ball, though they certainly have to have forgotten what a running lane looks like.  There is no other argument besides pointing fingers in wrong directions.

Reply/Quote
Lawson is a monster and i know he’s anxious to get a jump at the LOS but he needs to cut down on his offsides penalties
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 01:20 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Lawson is a monster and i know he’s anxious to get a jump at the LOS but he needs to cut down on his offsides penalties

Yes he does.  Seems to be averaging about one and a half a game.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 11:36 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Agreed.

I hope Mixon pans out; it’s difficult to judge him behind this Line. But so far, I’m not all that impressed. He does show some ability here & there, so I’m optimistic.

Mixon, Bernard and Hill HAVE talent.   I KNOW that. They have been ...irrelevant.
I Saw Bill Walsh turn around a floundering Niner franchise. They  did NOT have a lot of High #1 picks so.. they got guys in the mid rounds and turned them into ALL STARS.  Walsh was a genius on his own (West Coast Offense = Walsh)... but a BIG deal was a GREAT group of Assistants (many went on to be very good Head Coaches.

I could do a nice list of Niners who were round 3 and later. Joe Montana, Charles Haley, Jeff Fuller, Jesse Sapoulo ,Ray Wersching, Dwaine Board,Brent Jones,Roger Craig,Tom Rathman, Dwight Clark, Fred Quinlan, Jeff Stover, John Taylor, Guy McIntyre.  That's just name's I can think of easy.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Is this racist?  I can't tell.

Lol, of course not, old time saying, nothing about color man.

Marv calling out Ross just cause he didn't like the pick is pathetic.

He hasn't gave the guy a chance and you know it SHRacer.
Reply/Quote