Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For 2024: A New Identity on Offense?
Balance.

Bengals can’t pass as much as they do and be successful. It puts burrow at risk. Defense knows what’s coming and tees off on the oline.

They need to establish the run in every game they play. It should be one of their main goals. When they establish the run, they win.

It’s all about balance. The run game gives burrow time and the receivers space.

Play calling is key as well. Need to keep the defense guessing. When the defense knows what to expect it makes the job harder for the players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s not that simple. Miami has great offensive talent they just got blown out by the Ravens. It’s about the roster. The Jimmys and the Joes are almost always the determining factor. It doesn’t do any good to have Chase,Joe, and Tee with one of the worst OL ( ratings). What has Zac failed to do? Win pkayoff games? He’s 5-2 with almost all on the road. He’s 1-1 in AFC title games both on the road. He lost to the Rams in the SB barely on a controversial PI and late score. You and others calling him out for this season plus going 3-3 w/o Burriw is criminal.The offense efficiency rating solid the last 2 years. #8 in points per play.

Someone else has been pointing out the PI and late score in the Superbowl as the loss. We lost with the ball in our hands. How many times did we have the ball at the end of that game and could do literally nothing where any score wins the game. Also why did Mcvay know when we came out in shotgun on the last play Donald was gonna win the gam? Because we are predictable?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:25 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Balance.

Bengals can’t pass as much as they do and be successful. It puts burrow at risk. Defense knows what’s coming and tees off on the oline.

They need to establish the run in every game they play. It should be one of their main goals. When they establish the run, they win.

It’s all about balance. The run game gives burrow time and the receivers space.

Play calling is key as well. Need to keep the defense guessing. When the defense knows what to expect it makes the job harder for the players.

True as well. BTW, do you think we might draft a RB somewhat earlier than most expect? Wouldn't surprise me honestly.

I really like Chase Brown but Mixon is getting up there in age and is never going to be a great pass protector.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Someone else has been pointing out the PI and late score in the Superbowl as the loss. We lost with the ball in our hands. How many times did we have the ball at the end of that game and could do literally nothing where any score wins the game. Also why did Mcvay know when we came out in shotgun on the last play Donald was gonna win the gam? Because we are predictable?

Yes
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True as well. BTW, do you think we might draft a RB somewhat earlier than most expect? Wouldn't surprise me honestly.

I really like Chase Brown but Mixon is getting up there in age and is never going to be a great pass protector.

I prefer to go after a FA RB that is a bit more proven,can;t rely on Brown coming into 2nd year to be the guy
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I prefer to go after a FA RB that is a bit more proven,can;t rely on Brown coming into 2nd year to be the guy

What are the Free Agent RB's that will be available this year?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:23 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: We drafted sample in the 2nd rd should never be used to make a point unless that point is we are bad at drafting. If your grading Taylor on the playoff success then give that credit instead to Lou and whomever made our free agency decisions. Romo was just filling TV space. Is he supposed to tear us down while we are starting a backup QB?

If you really listened to Romo’s lengthy comments and came away thst he wasn’t sincere and just filling TV space then we should probably discontinue our discussions. It sounded authentic to me. Drafting Sample 2 absolutely shows Zac values TE’s regardless of a reach. Your responses convince me you aren’t budging or me. But I feel pretty good that he will continue to be successful as in only 5 years the winningest playoff coach here and will be here forever …. and he’s young.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Someone else has been pointing out the PI and late score in the Superbowl as the loss. We lost with the ball in our hands. How many times did we have the ball at the end of that game and could do literally nothing where any score wins the game. Also why did Mcvay know when we came out in shotgun on the last play Donald was gonna win the gam? Because we are predictable?

Damn so predictable that our efficiency points per play is only topped by KC & Buffalo. No reason for you and I to go on and on. But thanks for cordial discussion
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:19 PM)Destro Wrote: Fixed nothing, as we saw the "how it started, how's it's going" meme that was reality. 

Cool. Beat Gardner Minshew. 

Cool how about 3-2 vs Pat/Andy 1-1 vs SF/Shanahan 2-0 vs Buff/McDermott . Cooler

Reply/Quote
Run those numbers without Burrow. Not cool.
No Burrow=No playoffs again. Not cool.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 10:27 PM)Destro Wrote: Run those numbers without Burrow. Not cool.
No Burrow=No playoffs again. Not cool.

I will run those numbers with Belicheck w/o Brady. Jimmy Johnson w/o Troy . It’s a nothing burger

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 10:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I will run those numbers with Belicheck w/o Brady. Jimmy Johnson w/o Troy . It’s a nothing burger

Somewhat fair, but there’s also coaches like the one up north who literally wins with any QB they plug in there.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Somewhat fair, but there’s also coaches like the one up north who literally wins with any QB they plug in there.

Think won with four different QBs including those who didn't come up in their system. 

Chase and Burrow were champions before they got here. 

Imagine comparing Belicheck ad Jimmy Johnson in the same breath with Zac Taylor. It is an illness at this point.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 10:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Think won with four different QBs including those who didn't come up in their system. 

Chase and Burrow were champions before they got here. 

Imagine comparing Belicheck ad Jimmy Johnson in the same breath with Zac Taylor. It is an illness at this point.

You are right Zac higher playoff win % than Jimmy and it took Belichick 7 years to win a division or win a playoff game. Zac doing fine

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 11:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You are right Zac higher playoff win % than Jimmy and it took Belichick 7 years to win a division or win a playoff game. Zac doing fine

What's the trophy count?

You wear a Zac Taylor jersey to bed, don't you?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 11:28 PM)Destro Wrote: You wear a Zac Taylor jersey to bed, don't you?

Nope just keeping it relative to the bias

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 11:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nope just keeping it relative to the bias

This is rich.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 11:28 PM)Destro Wrote: What's the trophy count?

You wear a Zac Taylor jersey to bed, don't you?

Well Zac’s ahead of Bill. He won 2 Division titles before Bill did. Bill didn’t win or play in a SB until his 7th year. Jimmy never won a playoff game at Miami. Guess he didn’t have a QB. Funny how that works.

Reply/Quote
The "Zac Taylor playcalling is trash" and the "If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed" you are the leading poster in each with over 80 posts in each!!

You've started far more threads that are about Zac.

Your sig is about Zac.

Yeah, not going with anyone else having bias out here.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s not that simple. Miami has great offensive talent they just got blown out by the Ravens. It’s about the roster. The Jimmys and the Joes are almost always the determining factor. It doesn’t do any good to have Chase,Joe, and Tee with one of the worst OL ( ratings). What has Zac failed to do? Win pkayoff games? He’s 5-2 with almost all on the road. He’s 1-1 in AFC title games both on the road. He lost to the Rams in the SB barely on a controversial PI and late score. You and others calling him out for this season plus going 3-3 w/o Burriw is criminal.The offense efficiency rating solid the last 2 years. #8 in points per play.
Criminal. lol. Why were both AFC title games on the road? The question is with the talent the Bengals have had are they being used correctly and what has Taylor really done that several other coaches could not have done with this talent? If Taylor/Callahan are here for the next 5 years Bengals fans will be looking back wondering where Burrow’s shot went.
Reply/Quote