Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Casual football watchers on this board. O LINE IS EVERYTHING
Our Oline stinks. most people who know football knows this.

Any of our RBS could have had the year Zeke Elliot had with Dallas.

Our line is horrid.it was crazy watching the O line from New England ( with players not as good as the Bengals o line) make Pittsburgh look like children

Is this coaching? WTF? PIANO MAN????????????????????????????

New Englands o line gives Brady so much time to pass to his tiny short wide outs.....i couldnt imagine what they would do with AJ Green.

They get it done with 3 rex burkheads playing WR...why cant we? BC OUR OFFENSIVE GIVES ZERO TIME

Can we start boycotting Piano man instead of lewis...?
Reply/Quote
Sure Oline is extremely important but no way would Hill have the year Zeke had if they switched teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I do not buy that our o line is that bad, we got two bad players on the line they could of replaced a lot sooner. Cedric was a huge fail. Even on a podcast a former Bengal said he doesn't even look NFL caliber yet we ran him out there till we were out of it. Center is also a weakness, and they will just refuse to replace the guy. They could of tried stuff this year. Fisher did ok once he took over for ced. We got two pro bowlers on the line, and boling is above average if he isn't injured.

Now everyone preached and preached that cowboys was so great cause of that o line, how fast did they get beat in the playoffs? New England they have a great scheme and play callers, and the best qb in the game. His line hasn't been all that for him this year either.

Difference is, Brady is not a runner, he will hangout back there and wait. Dalton sees any type of pressure and he's running. He sees his man ain't open he's running. That is the difference.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 06:24 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Our Oline stinks. most people who know football knows this.

Any of our RBS could have had the year Zeke Elliot had with Dallas.

Our line is horrid.it was crazy watching the O line from New England ( with players not as good as the Bengals o line) make Pittsburgh look like children

Is this coaching? WTF? PIANO MAN????????????????????????????

New Englands o line gives Brady so much time to pass to his tiny short wide outs.....i couldnt imagine what they would do with AJ Green.

They get it done with 3 rex burkheads playing WR...why cant we? BC OUR OFFENSIVE GIVES ZERO TIME

Paul Alexander has been with Cincinnati since 1992. The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1991. Coincidence? I think not!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 06:24 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Any of our RBS could have had the year Zeke Elliot had with Dallas.

False.
Reply/Quote
I agree with the our O-line stinks but,

Zeke is however an excellent RB and a cut above any of ours.

But if they don't address the O-line this off season, and seriously, we'll have another 7-9 type season. Perhaps worse ?
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 06:24 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Is this coaching? WTF? PIANO MAN????????????????????????????

WTF? Why would we boycott Billy Joel because our coaching sucks? And you should give Elliot the credit he is due.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 09:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: False.

I second that sentiment.

Agree that Alexander should be gone though.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 08:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I do not buy that our o line is that bad, we got two bad players on the line they could of replaced a lot sooner. Cedric was a huge fail. Even on a podcast a former Bengal said he doesn't even look NFL caliber yet we ran him out there till we were out of it.  Center is also a weakness, and they will just refuse to replace the guy. They could of tried stuff this year. Fisher did ok once he took over for ced. We got two pro bowlers on the line, and boling is above average if he isn't injured.

Now everyone preached and preached that cowboys was so great cause of that o line, how fast did they get beat in the playoffs?  New England they have a great scheme and play callers, and the best qb in the game. His line hasn't been all that for him this year either.

Difference is, Brady is not a runner, he will hangout back there and wait. Dalton sees any type of pressure and he's running. He sees his man ain't open he's running. That is the difference.

LMAO.....did you just watch their last game or not?  Do you think that a QB can just magically "hang out back there and wait" for 8 seconds to find an open receiver and the line has nothing to do with it?  If so, that says a lot.......

EDIT: The Cowboys ALWAYS exit early, just like us....with a new QB this time. Could it be......coaching? *gasp*!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 12:20 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LMAO.....did you just watch their last game or not?  Do you think that a QB can just magically "hang out back there and wait" for 8 seconds to find an open receiver and the line has nothing to do with it?  If so, that says a lot.......

EDIT: The Cowboys ALWAYS exit early, just like us....with a new QB this time. Could it be......coaching? *gasp*!
Or could it be ownership?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 12:31 PM)jason Wrote: Or could it be ownership?

I personally believe it's a little of both.  I can't comment on the Dallas sitch with certainty, but they haven't advanced very much since Garrett took over.  Of course, as you say, that could be due to a meddling owner not letting his man run the show, which is similar to the situation here.  That being said, there is ZERO excuse for a coach that was a part of the 2nd worst decade in all of professional sports history to still be here coaching our offensive line.  None. When you add the debacle we had on the o line this season, it becomes even more evident. Talk about a lack of accountability! 

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 12:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I personally believe it's a little of both.  I can't comment on the Dallas sitch with certainty, but they haven't advanced very much since Garrett took over.  Of course, as you say, that could be due to a meddling owner not letting his man run the show, which is similar to the situation here.  That being said, there is ZERO excuse for a coach that was a part of the 2nd worst decade in all of professional sports history to still be here coaching our offensive line.  None. When you add the debacle we had on the o line this season, it becomes even more evident. Talk about a lack of accountability! 

I personally think we are a good center and a good rb away from having a dominant offense,most of our line is good theres just 2 weak spots.half of it is the line and the other half is we dont have a threat at rb so the defense knows whats coming and plans accordingly .I also think its coaching
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 01:14 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I personally think we are a good center and a good rb away from having a dominant offense,most of our line is good theres just 2 weak spots.half of it is the line and the other half is we dont have a threat at rb so the defense knows whats coming and plans accordingly .I also think its coaching

Oh, I agree.  The problem is those two weak spots were hand selected by our line coach, and ranked among the league's worst at their respected positions.  It is a MAJOR problem when your Center can't consistently snap the ball, and is constantly pushed back into the laps of your QB and RBs.  You couple that with a human turnstile at RT, you create a situation where even your RG struggles to keep defenders at bay.  If our weaknesses were say....RT and LG, it wouldn't be such a detriment to the line play.  The way it is now, those weaknesses are affecting one whole side of your offensive line, and that ain't good.

Good point on the threat at RB as well, Dalvin Cook, please.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, I agree.  The problem is those two weak spots were hand selected by our line coach, and ranked among the league's worst at their respected positions.  It is a MAJOR problem when your Center can't consistently snap the ball, and is constantly pushed back into the laps of your QB and RBs.  You couple that with a human turnstile at RT, you create a situation where even your RG struggles to keep defenders at bay.  If our weaknesses were say....RT and LG, it wouldn't be such a detriment to the line play.  The way it is now, those weaknesses are affecting one whole side of your offensive line, and that ain't good.

Good point on the threat at RB as well, Dalvin Cook, please.

Yep. I want to like Fournette better, but Cook is a perfect fit here.

It's kinda like Edgerrin James vs Ricky Williams.
Reply/Quote
The trenches are where it begins and ends.

Give Dalton time to throw and he will pick teams apart - force him out of
the pocket and he becomes ineffective like most QB's.

We need to grab a stud center and a stud nose tackle and go from there.

Bodine is a joke and Peko is OTH.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 02:24 PM)Rattler Wrote: The trenches are where it begins and ends.

We need guys who can run block too. We've generally had a good line at pass protecting minus this season...but not been able to run the ball for a decent yards per carry average.
Reply/Quote
I agree that the o-line is very important to sustained success over a season. But I do disagree with the notion that Hill or Gio or Rex could do as good as Zeke did in Dallas. They would have had better games for sure, but Zeke is better and will keep getting better.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 02:24 PM)Rattler Wrote: The trenches are where it begins and ends.

Instead of getting another DT early on in the draft, I'd be all in favor of seeing if Billings lives up to the hype he had. 

It's really a nice situation, a guy who thought he would go higher, was over looked and then scooped up late by the Bengals. Playing next to Geno should help as well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I agree that the o-line is very important to sustained success over a season. But I do disagree with the notion that Hill or Gio or Rex could do as good as Zeke did in Dallas. They would have had better games for sure, but Zeke is better and will keep getting better.
Dalvin Cook rd1
Budda Baker rd2
Taco Charlton rd2
Ethan Pocic rd3
JuJu Smith-Shuster rd4
Jon Toth rd4
Carlos Watkins rd5
If our our draft starts something like this i think we would be sittin pretty

Add a  lineman in Fa and maybe a DT
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 03:32 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Dalvin Cook rd1
Budda Baker rd2
Taco Charlton rd2
Ethan Pocic rd3
JuJu Smith-Shuster rd4
Jon Toth rd4
Carlos Watkins rd5
If our our draft starts something like this i think we would be sittin pretty

Add a  lineman in Fa and maybe a DT

You know, I was going to say you're on something if you think Ethan Pocic will be available in the 3rd, JuJu Smith-Shuster in the 4th, and Watkins in the 5th, but everyone would have said the same about Billings falling all the way to the 4th and it happened. So for now, I'll just say that's a dream scenario if it pans out that way.

Also, why do you have two second round picks in that list? You think the Bengals are going to get a second for McCarron or something?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote