Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For a team nobody thought would get out of last place
THEY WERE IN THE SUPERBOWL! (even though they lost)  Now go out and get the best Oline money can buy even if it means giving up on 1st round picks.. JoeyB, Uno, Tee and Tyler and JoeM with a great Oline? They're a killer machine..  DO IT MIKE! For the love of everything holy, pay for an offensive line for once in your miserable life! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)grampahol Wrote: THEY WERE IN THE SUPERBOWL! (even though they lost)  Now go out and get the best Oline money can buy even if it means giving up on 1st round picks..

no guarantees you ever get back. this was their shot and they couldn't seal the deal, which really sucks.

i agree they need to spend big on the o-line if they want to have any chance of getting back.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:22 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: no guarantees you ever get back. this was their shot and they couldn't seal the deal, which really sucks.

i agree they need to spend big on the o-line if they want to have any chance of getting back.

Of course there's no guarantees, but there's a pretty certain possibility they'll lose next time with this current Oline.. and might just lose Franchise with them if they don't change that tune.. Don't Indyize him.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Honestly doesn’t sting as much as I thought. Sucks but this team way overachieved this year with this garbage o line.

Fix the o line and we will be back. If the FO doesn’t go hard after what 8+ sacks today and 9 earlier this playoffs then they don’t care about SB’s and we can all find something else to do with our weekends.
Reply/Quote
No one on this board thought they would get to the super bowl with this atrocious o line Mike Brown refused to fix after they nearly killed burrow last year. Why we lost today
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Honestly doesn’t sting as much as I thought. Sucks but this team way overachieved this year with this garbage o line.

Fix the o line and we will be back. If the FO doesn’t go hard after what 8+ sacks today and 9 earlier this playoffs then they don’t care about SB’s and we can all find something else to do with our weekends.

You know it LF.. They were extraordinarily lucky to get this far with these bums.. Nearly the entire Oline should have been backups at best. I tyhink the left side could do ok for the most part, but RT and RG have GOT to be a shitton better.. 

Reply/Quote
I really thought Burrow was going to have his Joe Cool "we left them too much time" moment. Ah well....Perine not getting that 1st down was rough. They put the game in Burrow's hands and it was the right call, win or lose.
Reply/Quote
It was a noble effort against a team that sold out to win now. They aren't at "bona-fide dynasty" status just yet, but the flashes were there. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not blaming any of the players.. They all played like hell all season.. I don't blame the coaching staff. They've performed great too, but there's no excuse at all for this sad state of affairs with the Oline.. None whatsoever.. Front office's fault for letting it get to this point.. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I really thought Burrow was going to have his Joe Cool "we left them too much time" moment.  Ah well....Perine not getting that 1st down was rough.  They put the game in Burrow's hands and it was the right call, win or lose.

I thought so too.. He just couldn't overcome that Oline.. Same reason Stafford never won until now.. a front office just not willing to do what's necessary to win.. 
Hell, I don't blame the Oline.. They were just outmatched since Joe stepped foot in PBS and the FO knew it.. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I really thought Burrow was going to have his Joe Cool "we left them too much time" moment.  Ah well....Perine not getting that 1st down was rough.  They put the game in Burrow's hands and it was the right call, win or lose.

burrow just didn't have it today. all the pressure didn't help but even when he had time, he wasn't sharp. disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:22 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: no guarantees you ever get back. this was their shot and they couldn't seal the deal, which really sucks.

yeah, and all the stars seemed to be aligned. The team was healthy, Beckham was out. 

Marino never got back after the first one. Its very hard to get back. Tom Brady and Belichek spoiled us. 

I'm going to have to focus on something else rather than manically following every game in the season. After three nail-biting losses, its just too scaring.  Thank God I've been a Reds fan since 1964 and had so many World Series victories.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:22 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: no guarantees you ever get back. this was their shot and they couldn't seal the deal, which really sucks.

Our team will be better next year. The players will not only get better, but the coaching will get better and the oline will be addressed in the offseason. We’ll dominate next year. Burrow will improve as well.

With a better team we don’t have to play so many close games. Buck up guys.
Reply/Quote
Burrow was bad. There’s no reason to sugar coat it. Even most of his completions were off. We all know about the OL but they can’t block 6-7 guys each down. Professional coaches have countermeasures for constant blitzes. Ours don’t.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:36 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Our team will be better next year. The players will not only get better, but the coaching will get better and the oline will be addressed in the offseason. We’ll dominate next year. Burrow will improve as well.

With a better team we don’t have to play so many close games. Buck up guys.

you realize super bowl teams have had losing seasons the next year, right. not saying that will happen and hope it doesn't, but there aren't any guarantees especially when your coach is zac taylor.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:38 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Burrow was bad. There’s no reason to sugar coat it. Even most of his completions were off. We all know about the OL but they can’t block 6-7 guys each down. Professional coaches have countermeasures for constant blitzes. Ours don’t.

3 halves in a row of slightly off Burrow
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:35 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: burrow just didn't have it today. all the pressure didn't help but even when he had time, he wasn't sharp. disappointing.

Sacked 8 times in second half and you are knocking Burrow. If we had Rams online we would have won by 14
Reply/Quote
Joe and Zac didn't have their best games and we needed them to. And still we almost won.
Reply/Quote
4th best odds to make SB next year at 12-1
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:38 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Burrow was bad. There’s no reason to sugar coat it. Even most of his completions were off. We all know about the OL but they can’t block 6-7 guys each down. Professional coaches have countermeasures for constant blitzes. Ours don’t.

burrow choked on the biggest stage. like you said, there's no way around it. i think he's going to be a really good qb but this postseason has been concerning watching him, and tonight was just bad.
Reply/Quote