Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For a team nobody thought would get out of last place
(02-14-2022, 12:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Honestly doesn’t sting as much as I thought. Sucks but this team way overachieved this year with this garbage o line.

Fix the o line and we will be back. If the FO doesn’t go hard after what 8+ sacks today and 9 earlier this playoffs then they don’t care about SB’s and we can all find something else to do with our weekends.

Stings hugely for me. But then again I suffered with the last two Super Bowl losses and they still sting. 

It's very hard to think about what it took to get to the Super Bowl and think about the course that will have to be made to get back here. We didn't after the first two Super Bowls. Its very, very hard. Tom Brady and Belichek spoiled us.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:42 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Sacked 8 times in second half and you are knocking Burrow. If we had Rams online we would have won by 14

you can make excuses for the times he was heavy pressured, but what's the excuse for when he had time. i know critzing burrow in any way is kinda forbidden, but it's ok to be honest sometimes too.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Honestly doesn’t sting as much as I thought. Sucks but this team way overachieved this year with this garbage o line.

Fix the o line and we will be back. If the FO doesn’t go hard after what 8+ sacks today and 9 earlier this playoffs then they don’t care about SB’s and we can all find something else to do with our weekends.

No sting here either.I really enjoyed this past season.I think the Bengals overall,done a wonderful job on their accomplishments.Looking forward to an upgraded OL ,and the future of this team is bright.This team,and it’s fan base has nothing to hang their heads about.I’m proud of this team.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it was Joe's way of saying to fix the Oline or I'm gone soon as my rookie contract is over..  Never know what goes through people's minds. After so many sacks certainly nobody would blame him.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:42 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Sacked 8 times in second half and you are knocking Burrow. If we had Rams online we would have won by 14

Joe had a better 2nd half than first half. Joe didn't have a good game, but it's OK. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:46 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: No sting here either.I really enjoyed this past season.I think the Bengals overall,done a wonderful job on their accomplishments.Looking forward to an upgraded OL ,and the future of this team is bright.This team,and it’s fan base has nothing to hang their heads about.I’m proud of this team.

Absolutely.. win lose or draw they played their hearts out.. They might have not been NFL champions, but they were the AFC champions.. and more importantly The city of Cincinnati and the rest of the fans champions.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So this thread can be basically condensed to "Wait Till Next Year".....the usual refrain of the Bengals at the close of every season because they NEVER have closed a season holding up the Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:40 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you realize super bowl teams have had losing seasons the next year, right. not saying that will happen and hope it doesn't, but there aren't any guarantees especially when your coach is zac taylor.

If this team proved anything this year it’s that they are mentally tougher than that. This will motivate them to work harder and it’ll be easy next year. Add in a legit free agent right guard and solid draft and we’ll be dominant.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:52 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If this team proved anything this year it’s that they are mentally tougher than that. This will motivate them to work harder and it’ll be easy next year. Add in a legit free agent right guard and solid draft and we’ll be dominant.

it's kinda silly to say it will be easy, but if they keep improving the roster they have a chance. zac still worries the shit out me though.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:46 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you can make excuses for the times he was heavy pressured, but what's the excuse for when he had time. i know critzing burrow in any way is kinda forbidden, but it's ok to be honest sometimes too.

To criticize him without seeing all 22 is kind of dumb, you can’t actually see anything down field to tell you what the reason he held the ball is. In reality the angle they show games at is useless for evaluating much of anything. Most people here don’t actually know what the progressions are or why he wouldn’t throw certain balls.

For instance the last sack he was going to Higgins on a slant, but the flat defender leaked off and cut under so he had to hold it and by that time there was nothing else to do. They were playing cover 1 and the robber took Boyd out which was the only other viable option at that point as the flat route was too far out of field of view with progressions.

Just saying there is so much more that goes into why a ball is held than 99% of fans get.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:50 AM)Joelist Wrote: So this thread can be basically condensed to "Wait Till Next Year".....the usual refrain of the Bengals at the close of every season because they NEVER have closed a season holding up the Lombardi.

I can only imagine how much fun you were today in the Gameday thread. I can only imagine it because you were a leading factor to my swearing it off. Nobody needs your BS in here in a thread looking forward. Be constantly miserable elsewhere; maybe smacktalk forum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:55 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: it's kinda silly to say it will be easy, but if they keep improving the roster they have a chance. zac still worries the shit out me though.

If they keep improving, they won’t be playing these close games. We’ll just dominate opponents. This is an incredibly young team.

Edit:

I agree though, Zac needs to improve. Luckily the team is going to be so good that even he can’t screw it up though. And honestly he’ll likely improve as a coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: To criticize him without seeing all 22 is kind of dumb, you can’t actually see anything down field to tell you what the reason he held the ball is. In reality the angle they show games at is useless for evaluating much of anything. Most people here don’t actually know what the progressions are or why he wouldn’t throw certain balls.

For instance the last sack he was going to Higgins on a slant, but the flat defender leaked off and cut under so he had to hold it and by that time there was nothing else to do. They were playing cover 1 and the robber took Boyd out which was the only other viable option at that point as the flat route was too far out of field of view with progressions.

Just saying there is so much more that goes into why a ball is held than 99% of fans get.

you don't need to see down the field to see his passes were off to the guys he was actually throwing to. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:57 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If they keep improving, they won’t be playing these close games. We’ll just dominate opponents. This is an incredibly young team.

Edit:

I agree though, Zac needs to improve. Luckily the team is going to be so good that even he can’t screw it up though. And honestly he’ll likely improve as a coach.

the dolphins though the same thing with a hof qb and hof hc. they lost the sb in year 2 of marino and never got back. not trying to be negative, just saying it's not nearly as easy as you're making it sound.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:58 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you don't need to see down the field to see his passes were off to the guys he was actually throwing to. 

I mean you actually do, ball placement is dictated by coverage responsibilities.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:50 AM)Joelist Wrote: So this thread can be basically condensed to "Wait Till Next Year".....the usual refrain of the Bengals at the close of every season because they NEVER have closed a season holding up the Lombardi.

Yeah.. have you watched this team though? After years of being above average we have an amazing accumulation of talent that is extremely young. Young players get better. We have money to fix the oline. With a better team it will only increase our likelihood of winning it all next year. In the past it was maybe next year we can win a playoff game. We’ve got so much elite talent on this team. Chase will be the best wr in the league. Burrow could be the best qb in the league. Our defense is top 10. Our skill players are the best group in the league. It just take a right guard and right tackle to fix the line.

I’m proud of how well this team overachieved this year. Their mental toughness is second to none. They will improve and dominate next year.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:01 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: the dolphins though the same thing with a hof qb and hof hc. they lost the sb in year 2 of marino and never got back. not trying to be negative, just saying it's not nearly as easy as you're making it sound.

I really think fans were spoiled by Tom Brady and Belichek thinking it is so easy to get back to the big dance. I always thought Marino would get back and he didn't. I always thought the Bengals would get back after each of the Super Bowls.

But it is what it is. I blame myself for way over investing this year, going out of my way to make sure I saw every minute of every game. It just makes the pain at the end so much greater. I'll remember this next year and not over invest. 

Of course, at my age, you never know if you will be around for another Super Bowl. Or if I will know what is even going on. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:01 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: the dolphins though the same thing with a hof qb and hof hc. they lost the sb in year 2 of marino and never got back. not trying to be negative, just saying it's not nearly as easy as you're making it sound.

Yeah I guess I don’t know that dolphins team too well. My guess is they had some aging veterans and fell apart. This team is incredibly young and will only get better. Their character and mental toughness is off the charts. They will use this as fuel to improve.

Past super bowl loss hangovers are what they are. Yeah we could be riddled with injury or something. Who knows. But I’ve seen a lot of young similar teams like KC come up short against NE only to come back the next year and make the super bowl/win it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:43 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: burrow choked on the biggest stage. like you said, there's no way around it. i think he's going to be a really good qb but this postseason has been concerning watching him, and tonight was just bad.

It hard to get in a rhythm as a QB when you know your line is unable to do their job.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mean you actually do, ball placement is dictated by coverage responsibilities.

coverage responsibilities have nothing to do with passes being off to guys with 2-3 yard cushions, especially times when you have time. i get people will want to defend his performance, but you have to be honest about what we saw tonight.
Reply/Quote