Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For all the Bengals fans who are euphoric over the Steelers loss
(01-18-2016, 07:49 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Right or wrong, the judgement call with Manning's slide was going to draw controversy regardless of the final outcome.

And the comment section is reacting to Manning admitting that he told Sanders he would slide, get back up and throw it to him. That's not a conspiracy, Manning admitted that was the plan.

The fact is no whistle was blown so Steelers should have kept playing. It was a bone head play by the Steeler's defense so they are trying to place blame elsewhere. I thought live he was touched and sliding and giving himself up never entered my mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I just have to laugh at all the Stealer cry bags.

Jesus, get over yourselves. You lost, twice...If it were the Bengals I would be embarrassed to win a game due to biased officiating. It's weak and just proves how much help the Stealers need to win by two points.

Pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The fact is no whistle was blown so Steelers should have kept playing. It was a bone head play by the Steeler's defense so they are trying to place blame elsewhere. I thought live he was touched and sliding and giving himself up never entered my mind.

I said something to that effect on the gameday thread. How did he have time to get back up and still have no one near him?

I had forgot about it until a Bengal fan linked to Manning quotes.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 08:51 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The coaches and the refs caused Hill to fumble, Burfict to implode on himself, and Ben to lead a drive with a gimpy shoulder? 

Amazing. 

Making one bad decision at the end of the game is not imploding. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:31 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Joey Porter is a 3/4 brain dead mongoloid. 

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 02:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Making one bad decision at the end of the game is not imploding. 

It is when you take that L.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 02:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Making one bad decision at the end of the game is not imploding. 

If a woodworker puts in an exemplary shift at the shop, but before leaving sets all his work on fire (i.e. 'one bad decision'), I would call that an implosion.  

Burfict imploded.  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 03:33 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If a woodworker puts in an exemplary shift at the shop, but before leaving sets all his work on fire (i.e. 'one bad decision'), I would call that an implosion.  

Burfict imploded.  

That's arson, not an implosion.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 03:33 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If a woodworker puts in an exemplary shift at the shop, but before leaving sets all his work on fire (i.e. 'one bad decision'), I would call that an implosion.  

Burfict imploded.  

Terrible analogy.

1. If Hill doesn't fumble, there is no Burfict and Pacman play. Even with another Steelers possession, they're down 4 with no timeouts and about 1:20 on the clock with a limp-armed Ben and no Brown.
2. If Pacman doesn't go brain dead, you're most likely looking at a 50 yard field goal, maybe more, maybe less depending if they run another play and you even get an opportunity to attempt a kick.
3. Point being; there were other factors besides the one Burfict penalty that contributed to the shorter winning field goal. 

1. If someone sets fire to their work, it's the one and only factor in destroying their work. No one else is involved.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:39 PM)BengalB Wrote: I just have to laugh at all the Stealer cry bags.

Jesus, get over yourselves. You lost, twice...If it were the Bengals I would be embarrassed to win a game due to biased officiating. It's weak and just proves how much help the Stealers need to win by two points.

Pathetic.

I heard absolutely no mention of the play on Pittsburgh talk radio. 

The Steelers MB that I check in on has one thread addressing the topic. It 17 replies, the last being 6 hours ago. Of those 17, maybe 8 are people saying that the Steelers got hosed on that play. The other 9 are, oh well who cares, they should have played to the whistle or they should have touched him while he was down.~~pretty much how I feel.

Facebook and articles that require you to comment using your FB account are the absolute worst when it comes to gauging a fan bases reaction. Those places get the reaction of the casual know-little fan. I know FB newsfeed was FULL of people bashing the Steelers for not bringing back Troy this past offseason even though it was the right thing to do and anyone with an ounce of football intelligence knew it. 

If you'd like, I could link you to a friend of mine on Facebook who is a Bengal fan and I guarantee you that you'd be embarrassed by him and his nonsensical ramblings, misspellings, grammatical errors, and general fair-weatheredness. 

It's boards like this and various Steelers boards where you can get the true sense of what a fanbase feels. 

[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:39 PM)BengalB Wrote: I just have to laugh at all the Stealer cry bags.

Pathetic.

Not me...  I'd be yelling "scoreboard!".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:01 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I heard absolutely no mention of the play on Pittsburgh talk radio. 

The Steelers MB that I check in on has one thread addressing the topic. It 17 replies, the last being 6 hours ago. Of those 17, maybe 8 are people saying that the Steelers got hosed on that play. The other 9 are, oh well who cares, they should have played to the whistle or they should have touched him while he was down.~~pretty much how I feel.

Facebook and articles that require you to comment using your FB account are the absolute worst when it comes to gauging a fan bases reaction. Those places get the reaction of the casual know-little fan. I know FB newsfeed was FULL of people bashing the Steelers for not bringing back Troy this past offseason even though it was the right thing to do and anyone with an ounce of football intelligence knew it. 

If you'd like, I could link you to a friend of mine on Facebook who is a Bengal fan and I guarantee you that you'd be embarrassed by him and his nonsensical ramblings, misspellings, grammatical errors, and general fair-weatheredness. 

It's boards like this and various Steelers boards where you can get the true sense of what a fanbase feels. 

We were talking about it at work and it comes to this for the Steelers fans I know:  The Manning play was called correctly in that he was not touched and it is a judgment call on the part of the officials.  There was a sketchy DPI called on Pittsburgh and one (maybe two) NOT called on Denver.  but that didn't cost the Steelers the game, the players aren't complaining about it en masse, and the general consensus has been some calls might/will go against you and you have to overcome them to win.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:01 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I heard absolutely no mention of the play on Pittsburgh talk radio. 

How convenient that we don't have a Steelers version of JN to reference on this site. Here, let me help:

Peyton admits He got away with one
This Cannot Be Legal "Peyton Slide"

Honestly, I don't really care if your team complains about the ref. Pretending like your fanbase and organization is "above" this sort of thing is really what's annoying - and the number one reason why they are so hated.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:10 PM)TRsome Wrote: How convenient that we don't have a Steelers version of JN to reference on this site. Here, let me help:

Peyton admits He got away with one
This Cannot Be Legal "Peyton Slide"

Honestly, I don't really care if your team complains about the ref. Pretending like your fanbase and organization is "above" this sort of thing is really what's annoying - and the number one reason why they are so hated.

Never did I pretend that Steeler fans don't complain about the officials and are above it. 

The first link isn't bad. Of course there's always going to be whiners but the general consensus of that thread isn't one of getting screwed by the refs. 

The second...yeah those guys are out there. 

Funny thing is that all of the bitching about the two defenseless receiver calls that I see on the Bengal board are pretty much identical of what used to be said on the Steelers boards when Harrison was being fined every other week.

We feel your pain. We've been there and done that several years ago. 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote

Pathetic.

psst

this isnt jungle noise
People suck
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:39 PM)BengalB Wrote: ...If it were the Bengals I would be embarrassed to win a game due to biased officiating.

After losing 7 straight playoff games, no you wouldn't.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 11:38 AM)Vlad Wrote: After losing 7 straight playoff games, no you wouldn't.

Especially not to the Steelers, who pulled that kimo krap in 05 cuz they thought themselves above letting their precious Bettis go out on a playoff loss to the "lowly Bengals".  And not after the refs handed them the Super Bowl the same year.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 03:48 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Especially not to the Steelers, who pulled that kimo krap in 05 cuz they thought themselves above letting their precious Bettis go out on a playoff loss to the "lowly Bengals".  And not after the refs handed them the Super Bowl the same year.

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 10:27 AM)Garrus Wrote: Are Steeler fans such cocksuckers because of all the inbreeding?

Strong for a first post.....lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 10:27 AM)Garrus Wrote: Are Steeler fans such cocksuckers because of all the inbreeding?

Yes
Reply/Quote