Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
For the love of God
(09-29-2021, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's more like PhilTrunk but that doesn't quite roll off the tongue just like ... you know ,what, I think you know where I'm going with this.

It's a shame, Shake n Brake; truly a shame. Smirk

Tbh, I think most of it is just autocorrect and lack of proofreading, Millhouse.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:12 AM)PhilHos Wrote: There is no 'S' in Burrow

'Carman' is spelled with an 'A'

And, if we could add these 2 things to the list of bannable offenses (like referring to McPherson as "Legs Benedict") that would be great.

Carry on.

The announcer Sunday called him "Carman Jackson".   Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
JB9..JC1..JC79.. JM28

Close enough..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 05:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The announcer Sunday called him "Carman Jackson".   Hilarious

He's an opera singer too?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I saw that T Huggins isn't gonna play Thursday.

Damn shame.

He good!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Burrow: u can French it with Bureaux or Spanish it with Burros.
Reply/Quote
It's how some folks talk around these parts, adding an unnecessary 's.' Probably half my family refers to it as "Meijers." That's where they go to buy the "pop" to enjoy while watching that Joe Burrows fella.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Joe Wheel Barrow and Jackson Caramel are too good of players to have their names misspelled.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm still double checking the spelling of Uzomah and Ogunjobi. Tongue
Reply/Quote
I'm convinced the people that constantly use "Burrows" even after being corrected multiple times think that it is somehow cute or funny to do so for some odd reason. Kind of like the the people that post in weird formats. I guess they think it is their style or something. I don't know.

As for Carman vs. Carmen, I can see that mistake being an easy to make. At lease it isn't "Cartman". Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 07:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm convinced the people that constantly use "Burrows" even after being corrected multiple times think that it is somehow cute or funny to do so for some odd reason. Kind of like the the people that post in weird formats. I guess they think it is their style or something. I don't know.

As for Carman vs. Carmen, I can see that mistake being an easy to make. At lease it isn't "Cartman". Big Grin

I will literally make a donation to the board if impactplaya explains why he writes like that…

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 07:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm convinced the people that constantly use "Burrows" even after being corrected multiple times think that it is somehow cute or funny to do so for some odd reason.  Kind of like the the people that post in weird formats.   I guess they think it is their style or something.  I don't know.

As for Carman vs. Carmen, I can see that mistake being an easy to make.  At lease it isn't "Cartman".   Big Grin

AC Green and Merv Lewis agree.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's more like PhilTrunk but that doesn't quite roll off the tongue just like ... you know ,what, I think you know where I'm going with this.

Yes. Yes, i do.

You like to combine talk of phallic symbols with tongues...  " Mellow "

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 05:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Listen here, Tigers Taath, he can be your favorite player, but the NAME needs to go. 

There is nothing wrong with the nickname Logs Bendadick.  Ok??

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 06:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: JB9..JC1..JC79.. JM28

Close enough..

OMG...i just came up with the perfect nickname for the offense, based off what you just did.

The Mac Address Express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 08:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: OMG...i just came up with the perfect nickname for the offense, based off what you just did.

The Mac Address Express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokin' Js
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 07:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm convinced the people that constantly use "Burrows" even after being corrected multiple times think that it is somehow cute or funny to do so for some odd reason. Kind of like the the people that post in weird formats. I guess they think it is their style or something. I don't know.

I think it's disrespectful to Joe Boroughs...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 05:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The announcer Sunday called him "Carman Jackson".   Hilarious

Well with those highlights and all...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Isn't Carman that dude who gets jumped by his stinky woman in the Extra gum commercial.

[Image: th?id=OIP.dImGsJ7FVpzxOaaa-mgXzwAAAA&pid...=327&h=184] [Image: th?id=OIP.s1ys2Bv2u7hcADYh8sbk7gHaE8&pid...=257&h=172]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 12:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:

Didn't know we had music threads in JN.  Mellow

Nice and I also approve of the OP. Rock On
Reply/Quote