Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
For the very first time ever
(12-02-2021, 01:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So you're going to preemptively cheer for the Steelers while expecting a Bengals loss? That seems like a bold strategy for someone in Jungle Noise.

If this was week 17-18 and the Bengals didn't control their own destiny, sure... But cheering for the Steelers in Week 13 while the Bengals still fully control their own destiny and don't need any help? That's pretty gross.

[Image: aad503f529438735e51a93e045c7ce25.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll be rooting for the Steelers this weekend.

It will be very odd, but I believe I will be doing the same thing...and then taking a really long, hot shower.

On the other thread:  "The crying is embarrassing", I did a brief synopsis of the video, but forgot to mention how much I APPRECIATED all the crying and whining, because unless they are dead from the neck down (no heart), the players on the steelers might actually be fired up and steal one from the Rats.  I really doubt that will happen, but the ravens defense has been very suspect and maybe they can get lucky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Never.

I'll root for the Ravens to lose but never for the Steelers to win.

Normally, I'd say that we don't want the Steelers to win while they're mathematically still in the hunt but they're not going anywhere.

Ben could die of old age before the season ends.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Brad, this cracked me up.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You have 0 idea if there's a franchise QB in the draft, but we all know, the earlier you pick, the better your chances of getting one.

I'm cheering for the Steelers because I like the Bengals more than I dislike the Steelers.

I sure as hell don't want them to get Des Ritter or Sauce Gardner....And that was an excellent way of putting it.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There are no franchise QBs in the 2022 draft. It is widely regarded as a terrible draft for QBs. Sounds like a good way to have them waste a high pick on Daniel Jones 2.0 and be in squalor for a good couple years before the figure out he's not the answer and have to start over again.

Winning the division will come if the Bengals simply win. They don't need any help from other teams. The Bengals are 1 game behind the Ravens, they still play the Ravens 1 time. They already beat the Ravens prior. Tiebreakers would all belong to the Bengals. If you're cheering for the Steelers this weekend, it's because you want to cheer for the Steelers, not because the Bengals need help.

It's a moot point anyway. Tomlin has already said he does not want to start over with a rookie QB. So unless they are going to fire him at the end of the season, they will be in the market for one of the high end FA QB's in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:28 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The game should be easy for the Ravens in theory, but with how they’ve been playing lately it may end up being close. I’m hoping both QBs just continue to look miserable.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers bounce back and knock off the Ravens.  Teams that get punked generally come out the next week and prove a point.  These are proud professional athletes.

I think the game is in Pitt also.  Although I disdain the Steelers I will be rooting for them to knock down the Ravens.

It is what it is, whatever is best for my team I'm all in.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:11 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Uh. Yes.

I don’t expect the Bengals to finish 13-4. If they do then that’s absolutely wonderful. That goes without saying.

They play a lot of good teams. If they drop one or two, they need the Ravens to do the same. That’s not “gross” unless the Steelers live rent free in your head. I don’t give a single shit how many games that team wins if the Bengals take the division.

This.  Just silly to think the Bengals will win out.  Not going to happen, too many good teams down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I sure as hell don't want them to get Des Ritter or Sauce Gardner....And that was an excellent way of putting it.  

I like Ridder, but I question if he has the arm talent to succeed as a starter in the NFL. He's pretty much always relied on a good defense to carry the load. The only year the Bearcats didn't have one of the top-10 scoring defenses in the nation for him in his 4 years, he had a 55% completion and 6.7 YPA.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I like Ridder, but I question if he has the arm talent to succeed as a starter in the NFL. He's pretty much always relied on a good defense to carry the load. The only year the Bearcats didn't have one of the top-10 scoring defenses in the nation for him in his 4 years, he had a 55% completion and 6.7 YPA.

Watch the ND game.  He will blow up the combine and be a high draft pick
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nope

5-11-1 sounds perfect for them.

I'd prefer 5-10-2.

That way, they don't best the Ravens but the tie will still give the edge to the Bengals via the Ravens!  Wink
Reply/Quote
Something to think about: the more wins the Steelers have, the lower their draft position will be. How awesome would it be for us to win the division (and hopefully multiple playoff games) and the Steelers are at the bottom of the division but with like 8 wins and pick lower-middle of the first round?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:28 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The game should be easy for the Ravens in theory, but with how they’ve been playing lately it may end up being close. I’m hoping both QBs just continue to look miserable.

This is truly a 'man up' situation for the Steelers. They're being questioned like never before and if they have anything left at all...

Upset special.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Something to think about: the more wins the Steelers have, the lower their draft position will be. How awesome would it be for us to win the division (and hopefully multiple playoff games) and the Steelers are at the bottom of the division but with like 8 wins and pick lower-middle of the first round?

For me, the perfect Steelers win-loss record would be 8-9. Call  it 7-9-1 this season. Their stupid streak ends, but they still have to pick near the middle of the first round after the dry crop of elite prospects are taken. Every other AFC North team can do the same thing, frankly. Well, Cleveland can lose as many as they want; they usually get it wrong regardless.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I sure as hell don't want them to get Des Ritter or Sauce Gardner....And that was an excellent way of putting it.  
That's how I felt as a Kentucky fan when they drafted Bud Dupree and a few years later drafted every UK fan's favorite Benny Snell. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: That's how I felt as a Kentucky fan when they drafted Bud Dupree and a few years later drafted every UK fan's favorite Benny Snell. 

Exactly! Dupree was right there, Cincy went elsewhere and Pissburgh took Dupree with the very next pick. I was screaming at the tv.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 10:34 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This.  Just silly to think the Bengals will win out.  Not going to happen, too many good teams down the stretch.

I won't be surprised if they drop a couple, but there is not a team left I don't expect them to beat if they play like they can.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Brad, this cracked me up.  

I’m a funny cripple lol
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:27 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not going to be pissed if the stoolers take one from ratbirds. 

Neither would I.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I won't be surprised if they drop a couple, but there is not a team left I don't expect them to beat if they play like they can.

[Image: ahem-liz-lemon.gif]

[Image: CKF83KZh.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I’m rooting for a rogue drone and a hellfire missile.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote