Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
For the very first time ever
(12-02-2021, 08:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m rooting for a rogue drone and a hellfire missile.

Not bad, but I prefer the personal touch.

[Image: Bell-UH-1-Iroquois-Helicopter-Apocalypse-Now.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: That's how I felt as a Kentucky fan when they drafted Bud Dupree and a few years later drafted every UK fan's favorite Benny Snell. 

And Ohio State's Ryan Shazier...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The death knell of a tie in a very low scoring game between shitsburg and baltiless..  Crows choking on rusted steel.. ThumbsUp The lowest score possible if both teams somehow score, 2-2 in 60 minutes...NO! Triple OT! Talk about sweet justice..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nah can’t do it. Hope the Ravens lose but just can’t do the unspeakable.
Reply/Quote
You don't have to "root" for the steelers to win in order to want them to beat the ravens. I don't have any problem wanting them to win this week while disliking them as much as i always have. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 03:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't have to "root" for the steelers to win in order to want them to beat the ravens. I don't have any problem wanting them to win this week while disliking them as much as i always have. 

I'm not rooting for the Steelers to win; I'm rooting for the Ravens to lose. Big difference. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:28 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The game should be easy for the Ravens in theory, but with how they’ve been playing lately it may end up being close. I’m hoping both QBs just continue to look miserable.

Yeah, both teams just need to look bad and it will make me happy. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Not bad, but I prefer the personal touch.

[Image: Bell-UH-1-Iroquois-Helicopter-Apocalypse-Now.gif]

I love the smell of napalm in the morning......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Back to the original to post:

I am starting to think all the whining might actually get a game out of pissburgh. I know they will be without Watt, but Baltimore has been living on borrowed time with their shitty defense, and their run game isn't what I would call power.

I know I will need to wash really well after, but I do hope the Rats lose (I couldn't write it the other way) and the Bengals win. If this young team has 3 more home games and is tied with an 8-4 record at the top of the division with a tie-breaker over the Rats, I think they will be crazy pumped. I know I will be...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly! Dupree was right there, Cincy went elsewhere and Pissburgh took Dupree with the very next pick. I was screaming at the tv.

Cincy took big Ced Ogbuehi with that selection

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: That's how I felt as a Kentucky fan when they drafted Bud Dupree and a few years later drafted every UK fan's favorite Benny Snell. 

And to make matters worse in the '15 draft. In the 4th rd we take Josh Shaw. 2 picks later the Rat Birds take Za'Darius Smith. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Will not be pulling for the steelers to win just yet. In fact will be happy if they lose and give up sooner rather than later. Would not hate seeing a tie maybe though.

But anyway would love seeing the steelers lose and go to 5-6-1 with a 3-5 conference record and just be completely out of the equation with games against the Titans, Chiefs,Browns and Ravens still to come.

The Bengals are the only division team that has 4 home games left on schedule and just two road games. Think it will be a tough race but think the Bengals will catch the Ravens by seasons end.

Yet the Ravens do get to play the steelers twice more which should be wins. But then think Green Bay beats them handily and Cincinnati matches up well with them right afterwards and this could be a big swing if Bengals win. Plus the Rams and the Browns are no gimmes for the Ravens either.

The Browns may be who I fear the most really though with only 5 games left to play and a bye week to get healthy. Think the Packers and Bengals are the only two teams to have a chance against them except the Ravens but think they clip the Baltimore's wings next time.

Will stay on par for my rooting course this week and pull for Bengals to win and steelers to lose until the last week of the season. Then will reevaluate when the steelers play the Ravens again in season finale and Cincy plays the Browns. By then we know exactly what needs to happen for the Bengals best playoff interest and I will cheer accordingly at this time.

Until then just going to sit back and enjoy while pulling for the Bengals to take care of their own business and steelers to wallow in misery.
This Sunday is a huge game against the Chargers for Bengals imo and my main focus is on this game.

Think Bengals almost have to play Herbert exactly like Lamar Jackson and contain him. The Bengals are built for this actually and like their chances if they can impose their running game again this week which could set up Chase for some deep balls to get him rolling again in the process.

It all starts this week where the Bengals have a chance to move to 8-4 with a 6-2 conference record. Go Bengals !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I want the 1 seed. If I cant have the 1. 7 seed or 2 seed doesn't matter. So I will be rooting for the Bills and Steelers this weekend.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. I'll never root for the stealers. Maybe I do hate them too much. So sue me, I f***ing hate them. TBS, I feel stronger about this year's edition of the bengals than I have since the Wyche era.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 12:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Cincy took big Ced Ogbuehi with that selection

Who just got cut by the ravens 
Reply/Quote
Actually watching this game makes it much harder to root for Pitt (save me the root for Balt to lose angle..it's the same damn thing). But Romo getting moist over Balt is healping.

Reply/Quote
I now have to deal with annoying Pitt fans this week, but the Steelers win helps the boys in stripes.

Reply/Quote
Cool. Still one game back.
Reply/Quote
Still only a game back with five to go. This helps ease the Chargers loss a bit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I can’t believe Lamar missed that throw.

Reply/Quote