Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
For those believing the Bengals got "hosed"
(01-06-2023, 12:44 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: And if the Ravens win they’re tied in the win column. You’re ignoring their entire side of the scenario.

Even with a Ravens win they have more losses.  More home games.  More games played.   You are not correct.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Just playing devil's advocate here:

We should have beaten the Steelers and Browns earlier this year. Had we done so, this game would have been a non-factor. The

As for losing the chance at resting the starters, well, they did get a rest. They didn't play a full game on Monday. Nobody got hurt. Now they are ready to go against Baltimore if they choose that route.
Well maybe for those so afraid we will get hurt rest them anyway and. See if we play chargers at home or coin flip with balt. In 1st round
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One more crappy thing is that there is a deadly Chargers team who no one is paying attention to right now. They could really use that to their advantage.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:45 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Here we go with conspiracy,  such lack of respect got us what 4 prime time games.. give it up and as AL Davis would say Just Win Babe...

I never mentioned a conspiracy, I'm talking respect.  

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:46 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Even with a Ravens win they have more losses.  More home games.  More games played.   You are not correct.

Yes. They played an entire extra game that the Bengals did not play. You’re asking the league to treat that game as either a free win or a free tie, and ignore the entire possibility that they lose (with a four point lead in the 1st quarter).

It’s not the Ravens’ fault that the Bengals’ nulled game was supposed to be played in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:48 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I never mentioned a conspiracy, I'm talking 
Respect is not part of the NFL procedure,  they actually attempted to be more equitable than I thought.
Reply/Quote
The only chance for the Bengals to get a neutral site for the AFCCC seems to be if the Bengals finish 1st. If KC wins on Saturday and is seeded #1, the only possibility of a neutral site is Chiefs Bills. If Bills are number 1 and the Bengals #2, the game is in Buffalo (because same number of games played).
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Just playing devil's advocate here:

We should have beaten the Steelers and Browns earlier this year. Had we done so, this game would have been a non-factor. The

As for losing the chance at resting the starters, well, they did get a rest. They didn't play a full game on Monday. Nobody got hurt. Now they are ready to go against Baltimore if they choose that route.

Here we go, how about if the Bills had gone undefeated and KC only lost to us?  

We did what we needed to do for a chance at the #1 seed.  
We did what we needed to do to control our own destiny for the #2 seed.
We did what we needed to do to control our own destiny for the division seed.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They did not. 

1. The Bengals win the AFCN, win or lose due to a better win % in less games. Baltimore has no say in that. The Bengals benefit from playing and losing one less game. 

2. Buffalo has won one more game than the Bengals, in the exact same number of games played. If's and but's do not count here. The Bengals were ahead but did not win that game. It didn't happen. The fact of the matter is, they could have just as easily lost the game. 

What are you saying if the Bengals were one game better in the same number of games and the Bills were leading in a game that was cancelled. Let me tell you--you're saying "tough cookies" because we have the better record in the same number of games played. 

3. A coin flip only comes into play if Baltimore wins this Sunday and the results of this weeks games cause the Bengals and Ravens to be matched up in the WC round. A coin flip is fair because the Bengals benefitted from potentially losing one more game vs Bills. 

To wrap it up....the Bengals were not screwed in any way shape or form and if you think they were, you're not being genuine or honest. 

Sounds like something the NFL PR department would say.

We got it right up the butt.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They did not. 

1. The Bengals win the AFCN, win or lose due to a better win % in less games. Baltimore has no say in that. The Bengals benefit from playing and losing one less game. 

2. Buffalo has won one more game than the Bengals, in the exact same number of games played. If's and but's do not count here. The Bengals were ahead but did not win that game. It didn't happen. The fact of the matter is, they could have just as easily lost the game. 

What are you saying if the Bengals were one game better in the same number of games and the Bills were leading in a game that was cancelled. Let me tell you--you're saying "tough cookies" because we have the better record in the same number of games played. 

3. A coin flip only comes into play if Baltimore wins this Sunday and the results of this weeks games cause the Bengals and Ravens to be matched up in the WC round. A coin flip is fair because the Bengals benefitted from potentially losing one more game vs Bills. 

To wrap it up....the Bengals were not screwed in any way shape or form and if you think they were, you're not being genuine or honest. 

I disagree the Bengals did not get fair treatment otherwise any Bengals and Bills game should be on a neutral field or coin flip if they both win or lose, to counter balance the potential coin flip scenario with the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Respect is not part of the NFL procedure,  they actually attempted to be more equitable than I thought.

After reading your comments for the past few years I have no doubt that is what you thought.

Reply/Quote
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as the saying goes everyone has one. I’m used to the Bengals getting the short end from the league. It appears that it is now Ok to ignore the rules simply because of inconvenience. The game should have been rescheduled as required by the rules and any other scheduling adjustments as necessary.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:50 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Yes. They played an entire extra game that the Bengals did not play. You’re asking the league to treat that game as either a free win or a free tie, and ignore the entire possibility that they lose (with a four point lead in the 1st quarter).

It’s not the Ravens’ fault that the Bengals’ nulled game was supposed to be played in Cincinnati.

No I am not, you are not very good at deciphering what people think or are trying to say, Mrs. Cleo you are not.  

And it is not the Bengals fault either, yet of every team involved not one is impacted more negatively than us.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: The only chance for the Bengals to get a neutral site for the AFCCC seems to be if the Bengals finish 1st. If KC wins on Saturday and is seeded #1, the only possibility of a neutral site is Chiefs Bills. If Bills are number 1 and the Bengals #2, the game is in Buffalo (because same number of games played).

It is now impossible for the Bengals to finish 1st.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:55 AM)casear2727 Wrote: After reading your comments for the past few years I have no doubt that is what you thought.

Sorry if my logic is shining thru must be the respect I have for the Cowboys.. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:56 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as the saying goes everyone has one. I’m used to the Bengals getting the short end from the league. It appears that it is now Ok to ignore the rules simply because of inconvenience. The game should have been rescheduled as required by the rules and any other scheduling adjustments as necessary.

CORRECT!!!!   The path for resumption of the game is clearly laid out in the NFL rule book.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: No I am not, you are not very good at deciphering what people think or are trying to say, Mrs. Cleo you are not.  

And it is not the Bengals fault either, yet of every team involved not one is impacted more negatively than us.

That is the implication of your demand. Period.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: No I am not, you are not very good at deciphering what people think or are trying to say, Mrs. Cleo you are not.  

Hilarious
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Bengals executive vice president Katie Blackburn is on the competition committee, which approved the scenarios Thursday. In a memo obtained by ESPN's Seth Wickersham, Blackburn urged the committee members to vote against the scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:06 AM)Nepa Wrote: Bengals executive vice president Katie Blackburn is on the competition committee, which approved the scenarios Thursday. In a memo obtained by ESPN's Seth Wickersham, Blackburn urged the committee members to vote against the scenarios.

That is great to read.  But still terrible.

Reply/Quote