Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
For those believing the Bengals got "hosed"
(01-06-2023, 01:02 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: That is the implication of your demand. Period.

Your posts get dumber by the comment.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:29 AM)Nepa Wrote: That's very clear. And does no one care that the Ravens actually had one more home game than the Bengals? Why do they potentially get yet another home game? The Ravens had eight home games  and the Bengals only 7.

Why are you crying about a home game? We win Sunday and it doesn't matter. Stop being over dramatic
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:19 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Your posts get dumber by the comment.

You’re no longer making an argument.

I realize you’re pissed and that’s fine. I’m not entirely thrilled either (I think it’s a lacking solution for the interplay of seeds 1-3). You’re hardly alone being upset about the AFCN ruling. So be it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:22 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: You’re no longer making an argument.

I realize you’re pissed and that’s fine. I’m not entirely thrilled either (I think it’s a lacking solution for the interplay of seeds 1-3). You’re hardly alone being upset about the AFCN ruling. So be it.

You stopped making sense, your last comment seemed like it was meant for someone else?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:22 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Why are you crying about a home game? We win Sunday and it doesn't matter. Stop being over dramatic

Until the Bengals have to go to Buffalo. Not a neutral field, not a coin flip, just "F you Bengals, your home game against the Bills turned into a road game". Don't control their own destiny for a 2 seed, and don't have a shot at the 1 seed anymore.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:32 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Sorry Brother.
This is the part that gets me.
We are being treated as if the Buffalo game was a loss. We are not receiving the benefit of being a division winner and having the ability to rest starters like we would otherwise. We are being punished and forced to put a more competitive product out this weekend, so Goodell can chuckle and puff his chest out over ratings.
Rarely do we disagree, but I'm just a little stuck on this.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

I'm worn out. I'm all out of popcorn so i think i'm just gonna grab a drink or few and sit back and watch what happens. Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Mixon raised a valid gripe on Twitter. Whatever one thinks about “what is truly fair?”, there is a league policy in place. Their ruling for Bengals/Ravens is inconsistent with that policy.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The only way we don't get screwed/hosed is if we lose to BALT. I think we'll beat BALT and we got screwed out of the chance to control earning the #2 seed. They only way you think we didn't get screwed is if you think we would have lost our last 2

I'm just not willing to claim that we would have won the Buffalo game. I believe we would have, based on how they were playing, but there's no real guarantee.

I can't base my opinion on something that "might" have happened, so i'm basing it on where we are right now, going forward.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:30 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Until the Bengals have to go to Buffalo. Not a neutral field, not a coin flip, just "F you Bengals, your home game against the Bills turned into a road game". Don't control their own destiny for a 2 seed, and don't have a shot at the 1 seed anymore.

They gotta play us. They were on their way to giving Buffalo a thumping Monday, that thumping will be continued in week 2 of the playoffs in Buffalo. This team can handle it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:36 AM)sandwedge Wrote: They gotta play us. They were on their way to giving Buffalo a thumping Monday, that thumping will be continued in week 2 of the playoffs in Buffalo. This team can handle it.

Yeah, that's cute and all to say, but the Bengals are 6-3 on the road this year, and 6-1 at home. Their only home loss being Week 1 due to a longsnapper injury. I'll take the easier path to the Super Bowl that they deserve, thank you.

Reply/Quote
Who gives a shit about winning the afc north when you’re not even guaranteed a first round home playoff game. I’d much rather be a Ravens fan with a 2nd place schedule next year AND a potential home wild card game
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: 1.  Baltimore now has the chance to play the 1st playoff game at their home, whereas we had 2 games to win 1 to prevent that.  A higher seed and division winner should not go on the road in the 1st round.  They need to make up their minds.  If they want to do a coin flip, flip it for the MNF game we were winning.

Exactly.  The NFL decided to make a concession to the Ravens because they lost a chance to host a Wild Card game IF we had lost both games.  They should have given us the exact same compensation for the Divisional round because we lost the opportunity to host the Divisional round IF we had won both games.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They did not. 

1. The Bengals win the AFCN, win or lose due to a better win % in less games. Baltimore has no say in that. The Bengals benefit from playing and losing one less game. 

2. Buffalo has won one more game than the Bengals, in the exact same number of games played. If's and but's do not count here. The Bengals were ahead but did not win that game. It didn't happen. The fact of the matter is, they could have just as easily lost the game. 

What are you saying if the Bengals were one game better in the same number of games and the Bills were leading in a game that was cancelled. Let me tell you--you're saying "tough cookies" because we have the better record in the same number of games played. 

3. A coin flip only comes into play if Baltimore wins this Sunday and the results of this weeks games cause the Bengals and Ravens to be matched up in the WC round. A coin flip is fair because the Bengals benefitted from potentially losing one more game vs Bills. 

To wrap it up....the Bengals were not screwed in any way shape or form and if you think they were, you're not being genuine or honest. 

The whole proposal requires 24 of the 32 owners to approve it in a vote.  We're not voting for it, obviously.  KC won't vote for it, as they're most likely the #1 seed and wouldn't want a neutral site AFCCG.  

I also hate to mention this, but only playing 7 minutes of football in a week this late in the season is a pretty big advantage.  Even if a team sits it's starters the last week, there are lots of key backups, rotation players, and even spot starters at positions with weak depth that will have to suit up and play.
Reply/Quote
Boo this man.

Bengals would have finished the Bills off and secured the 2 seed at worst with a win over the Ravens this week.
Bengals lost the possibility of having a second home playoff game when we play the Bills in round 2.
That means revenue for the team and city.
Reply/Quote
On the positive side:

This should spark a hotter burning fire in the team to avenge the injustices.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:09 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Boo this man.

Don't make me break out the leather pants and baby oil. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, that's cute and all to say, but the Bengals are 6-3 on the road this year, and 6-1 at home. Their only home loss being Week 1 due to a longsnapper injury. I'll take the easier path to the Super Bowl that they deserve, thank you.

Well, that is what they believe. I suppose they could take your approach and get in the fetal position and cry. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't make me break out the leather pants and baby oil. Mellow

Where's the 'eek' emoji? Or 'eeesh'. The one with the gritted teeth.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:11 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: On the positive side:

This should spark a hotter burning fire in the team to avenge the injustices.

If the national media plays along with the true narrative of us getting hosed we could be the favored underdog again...

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:12 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Well, that is what they believe. I suppose they could take your approach and get in the fetal position and cry. 

Yes, because the only two options available to us are either being belligerently cavalier about being screwed, or going into a fetal position and crying. No middle ground at all. Glad you recognized that.

Reply/Quote