Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that want a HC change....
So if you follow the game day thread and jungle noise this morning there are people calling for

Marvin Lewis firing immediately
The time has come to move on, from HC, OC, DC.
Fire someone!!

So let's clear the air and get on the same page that Marvin ain't going anywhere mid season. With that said, if the bengals were owned by an owner willing to make change, iif Marvin is let go today what quality Interim HC do the bengals have? Is there anyone internally they think could be the guy for the job next year? What about for OC/DC?

I am fully on board with complete overhaul of coaching staff after this year, but I just don't see any coaching change that could be done today that would help the team for the long haul. if they fired Marvin, and were much worse they might be bad for player development for the likes of Boyd, ced (if not already), dbs, etc.

Anyway... if our OC,DC, and coaching staff as a whole is terrible who would coach this team the last 7 weeks?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our players haven't developed anyway. Nothing to hold onto when your in the running for the top pick of the draft. Not much worse than that.

Guenther can coach the team the last 7 weeks. That way audition for the next hc job and we won't blindly hand it to him. He certainly hasn't shown he's ready.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:36 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So if you follow the game day thread and jungle noise this morning there are people calling for

Fire someone!!

So let's clear the air and get on the same page that Marvin ain't going anywhere mid season.  With that said, if the bengals were owned by let's say Shad Kahn,if Marvin is let go today what quality Interim HC do the bengals have?  Is there anyone internally they think could be the tug for the job next year? What about for OC/DC?  

I am fully on board with complete overhaul of coaching staff after this year, but I just don't see any coaching change that could be done today that would help the team for the long haul.  if they fired Marvin, and were much worse they might be bad for player development for the likes of Boyd, ced (if not already), dbs, etc.

Anyway... if our OC,DC, and coaching staff as a whole is terrible who would coach this team the last 7 weeks?

I'm not so sure I want to pin blame on Zamp or Guenther.  Zampese is severly handcuffed by the play of the o line.  We have a decent option to make it a little bit better, yet we still give our worst player snaps.  Yeah, perfect sense.  Guenther wanted to make changes in an effort to improve the defense, but these young guys "gotta earn their snaps" according to our illustrious HC.  Hey Marv, how about old guys UN-earning their snaps? Mellow

In summation, I'd can Marv and Piano Man, give the reins to Paulie for the rest of the year, then evaluate at the end of the season. This season is toast.  Unfortunately, if a new coach from outside the organization is brought in, guys like Zamp and Paulie are done here most likely.  

Prior to this week, I was all for dumping Guenther, but after reading that dumb shit Marv pulled when he wanted to shake things up, I'm not so sure.  It's hard to tell what we have in Zampese with this horrid line play, but I wasn't too keen on him when he was promoted.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:36 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So if you follow the game day thread and jungle noise this morning there are people calling for

Fire someone!!

So let's clear the air and get on the same page that Marvin ain't going anywhere mid season.  With that said, if the bengals were owned by an owner willing to make change, iif Marvin is let go today what quality Interim HC do the bengals have?  Is there anyone internally they think could be the tug for the job next year? What about for OC/DC?  

I am fully on board with complete overhaul of coaching staff after this year, but I just don't see any coaching change that could be done today that would help the team for the long haul.  if they fired Marvin, and were much worse they might be bad for player development for the likes of Boyd, ced (if not already), dbs, etc.

If we had to go with an interim head coach in the mean time I'd go with Darrin Simmons. People will laugh, but Harbaugh was a special teams coach before Baltimore. That guy is used to taking the back end of the roster and making them perform. If we are looking in house for an interim coach that's who I'd go with.
Reply/Quote
I think the Coordinators are more of a problem than the HC so to move one of those into the HC position would be a disaster.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:42 AM)jj22 Wrote: Our players haven't developed anyway. Nothing to hold onto when your in the running for the top pick of the draft. Not much worse than that.

Really, that's all you have when you to rebuild mode.  Evaluate players for the future and get rid of the garbage.  If the bengals can't at least do that the last 7 games what is the point of change mid season? 

I'm not defending ML or the coaching staff but for those wanting change today I just want to hear their idea on how that makes the bengals a better team moving forward.  Last year the bengals could have done it with hue... But if zampese and PG are already that bad....
Reply/Quote
Mike isn't firing anyone mid season, just accept that. Mike will never submit to the demands of the fan base (Ring of Honor, Practice Bubble, etc..)
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:46 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Mike isn't firing anyone mid season, just accept that. Mike will never submit to the demands of the fan base (Ring of Honor, Practice Bubble, etc..)

Read original post, that is clearly stated.  This was just brought up for discussion same on a discussion message board.  
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the Coordinators are more of a problem than the HC so to move one of those into the HC position would be a disaster.

Are you sure about that?  I mean we just had a coordinator that wanted to make some changes, and was publicly shot down by the HC.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: If we had to go with an interim head coach in the mean time I'd go with Darrin Simmons. People will laugh, but Harbaugh was a special teams coach before Baltimore. That guy is used to taking the back end of the roster and making them perform. If we are looking in house for an interim coach that's who I'd go with.

ST was the best part of last night.  Ericsson looks to be coming into his own.

I would take that change.  
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the Coordinators are more of a problem than the HC so to move one of those into the HC position would be a disaster.

The only constant through all of this is mikey and marv.
I don't think the bengals have HC quality coordinators but they don't have a chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: If we had to go with an interim head coach in the mean time I'd go with Darrin Simmons. People will laugh, but Harbaugh was a special teams coach before Baltimore. That guy is used to taking the back end of the roster and making them perform. If we are looking in house for an interim coach that's who I'd go with.

Interesting choice.....can't say it's a bad one either.  Although, his unit is not very good either this year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Read original post, that is clearly stated.  This was just brought up for discussion same on a discussion message board.  

I got that but most fans are calling for some type of action since the season is basically over.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander for public execution.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that?  I mean we just had a coordinator that wanted to make some changes, and was publicly shot down by the HC.

Our defense is so vanilla that it's laughable. On 3rd and 1, our CB's give 7 yards of cushion to the WR. I can't see that being all on the HC.

Vigil is who you're referring to. I did see Dennard out there more. I saw Core on offense. I think there have been changes made. Winston was in for Cedric throughout the year.

Vigil was the 2nd LB on his team drafted and he wasn't from a big-time conference. I feel like he probably just isn't ready.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Interesting choice.....can't say it's a bad one either.  Although, his unit is not very good either this year.

I just think the workman like, hard nosed, attitude he brings would be good for the team as a whole. His unit is kind of at the mercy of who they go with for game day actives so he is the guy who has to fill holes base don other guys needs. From the videos and articles I have seen on him over the years he is one of the more vocal guys on staff and that is probably needed as a 180 from Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:51 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The only constant through all of this is mikey and marv.
I don't think the bengals have HC quality coordinators but they don't have a chance.

The same GM is in place who hasn't won a playoff game in 24+ years.

The Bengals had 2 good drafts and it fooled everyone into thinking that the organization changed.
Reply/Quote
Why not fire him Mid-Season, every other NFL team would... move him the hell out, he is absolute trash!! He doesn't deserve a high school job.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:10 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Why not fire him Mid-Season, every other NFL team would... move him the hell out, he is absolute trash!! He doesn't deserve a high school job.

What's the point? We're not making the playoffs.

They'd move a guy like Guenther into the HC spot where he'd be setup to fail. Then probably Coyle to DC where he wasn't good in Miami. Then you'd need a new DB coach.

It would create upheaval.

The only advantage that I can see is that a new HC might play younger players more...but even that is speculative as coaches generally play veterans to try to win...especially in a tryout role.
Reply/Quote
They will not fire Marvin mid-season. That's not going to happen. And honestly I'm not seeing a competent HC on our sidelines. Those guys have gone on to greener pastures. We need a new face & attitude in a bad way.
Reply/Quote