Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that want a HC change....
(11-15-2016, 06:17 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm probably in the minority, but I've got no problem with Zampese. He's taken one of the most talented offenses in the NFL and not gotten in their way. It's not his fault the line bad, both in play and in stupid penalties.

Outside of that, I'd be ok with a house cleaning. Our defensive players are individually better than bottom eight. Our team as individual players are better than a losing season. If the players aren't playing to their potential, you've got to look at the leadership.

It's tough to determine coach Z's play calling ability with such poor online play. That said I'm still on the fence about him.
Reply/Quote
Coughlin ain't doing nothing except sitting there wanting to coach again. I'd fire him and bring him in to coach immediately. I have more faith in him then marvin. Tony Dungey isn't doing anything either, same thing he's better then Marvin's dumb ass. If that fails, then promote Gunther for the rest of the season till you find a replacement.the sooner marvin is gone, the faster we drain the swamp in the jungle. I've always hated Marvin's ways since 2007. They just kept getting worse and more noticeable. And while everyone applauded his drafting I didn't. He hit on a few, but he really never took guys we talked about. It was always like who?? Why'd we take him. Damn I remember wanting janoris Jenkins, you know the guy who did pretty good on Aj yesterday lol. I was extatic about vontez. We got lucky on that one.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:18 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: They will not fire Marvin mid-season. That's not going to happen. And honestly I'm not seeing a competent HC on our sidelines. Those guys have gone on to greener pastures. We need a new face & attitude in a bad way.

DARN TOOTIN' as Gabby always said.
I posted earlier that I wanted ML and his assts. gone. However, I am comfortable waiting until early in the off season. Then I want to see a big name, no nonsense, HC hired who will be allowed to hire his own staff from A to Z. Sick Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely.  I want to be clear here too.....I appreciate all Marv has done here, and what he does as a human being for the community is second to none.  I like the guy.  I really wanted to see him hoist the hardware.  Unfortunately, his time is done here, and I think it was after 2010, and definitely after the SD playoff debacle.

Agree, 

ML should have been gone after 2010, should have been gone after SD playoff, and probably 2 or 3 other times. But without any doubt Marvin's time here was done, shut the door turn out the lights, after the last second ticked off the clock with the Pittsburgh fiasco !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:17 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  And while everyone applauded his drafting I didn't. He hit on a few, but he really never took guys we talked about.

Yeah, let's bring in a head coach who makes draft selections based on the wishes of the team message board.

[Image: 58267784.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If we had, say, a pro-bowl right tackle this season, what would our record be? I'm figuring at least 5-4 right now. Maybe better. Our defense definitely is an issue too, but when you're one position away from being a playoff team, I can't fault the offense too much. So yeah I'd keep Z as OC. I wouldn't replace Marvin with him. I'd see this year out with Marvin and then poach a coordinator from the Steelers (or Patriots, or Denver) to be our headcoach.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike isn't gonna fire Marvin during the season, so that scenario is very unrealistic. Will he fire him after the season is over? Probably not, but at least it's a bit more probable.

If Marvin was let go, there are 5 names that I think could be realistic candidates to replace him...

Brian Billick - He has stated that he would like to be a head coach again, and he's someone that I think could co-exist with Mike. 
Matt Patricia - Very smart guy, has shown great ability to adapt and of course, is a Belichick disciple.
Vance Joseph - They were very high on him when he was here and blocked him from going to Denver at one point.
Kyle Shanahan - A young, but experienced coordinator who seems primed for a HCing opportunity.
Josh McDaniels - Yes, he failed in his first gig as HC, but is someone I could see Mike/Katie being interested in.

I think these guys would all be realistic options. 3 of them are looking to become head coaches for the first time, the other 2 are trying to get back there. All would be affordable and I think all would jump at the opportunity.
Good list.

Reply/Quote
Helps nothing firing Marvin in midseason and we at least owe him an honorable way out at the seasons end.

He did bring us out of the dark ages.

But a public flogging would not be uncalled for at this point for Marv and PA.

Say maybe 50 lashes each should suffice ?

Or maybe sacrifice one to the football gods to try and break our curse.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Still not ready to throw coordinators under the bus.

But new HC next season should make that call.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Interim head coach candidates to finish out 2016:
-Darrin Simmons would be a reasonable choice becuase he is actually competent.
-Guenther & Zampese could be co-head coaches like how colleges have co-coordinators. They do everything anyway.
-Paul Alexander has been the assistant head coach since 2003, and making him the head coach would let us share his genius with the world.
-Whitworth could be a player-coach because it would be badass.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
What about Mike McCarthy?  He's on his way out up in Green Bay.  He's a Super Bowl winning coach that's just ran his course there.  I think a change of scenery would do him some good.  If.....IF, we get rid of Marvin, I would like to at least see his name on the list. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 01:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What about Mike McCarthy?  He's on his way out up in Green Bay.  He's a Super Bowl winning coach that's just ran his course there.  I think a change of scenery would do him some good.  If.....IF, we get rid of Marvin, I would like to at least see his name on the list. 

McCarthy would just be 54 next year.

If the Packers let him go there will be a lot of teams lining up for his services, but I don't know if any of them will have a QB as good as Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 01:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What about Mike McCarthy?  He's on his way out up in Green Bay.  He's a Super Bowl winning coach that's just ran his course there.  I think a change of scenery would do him some good.  If.....IF, we get rid of Marvin, I would like to at least see his name on the list. 

I think McCarthy could be a legitimate option if he's out at the end of the year. The biggest obstacle to that could be the money. Marvin's high point in salary is 4.5m and it took him years to get there. McCarthy's last 2 contracts have been in excess of 5m per year. It would depend on what he's wanting and what Mike is willing to pay. I do think McCarthy would have an interest in this job though.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarthy would just be 54 next year.

If the Packers let him go there will be a lot of teams lining up for his services, but I don't know if any of them will have a QB as good as Dalton.

He'd definitely be my #1 choice. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:36 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So if you follow the game day thread and jungle noise this morning there are people calling for

Marvin Lewis firing immediately  
The time has come to move on, from HC, OC, DC.  
Fire someone!!

So let's clear the air and get on the same page that Marvin ain't going anywhere mid season.  With that said, if the bengals were owned by an owner willing to make change, iif Marvin is let go today what quality Interim HC do the bengals have?  Is there anyone internally they think could be the guy for the job next year? What about for OC/DC?  

I am fully on board with complete overhaul of coaching staff after this year, but I just don't see any coaching change that could be done today that would help the team for the long haul.  if they fired Marvin, and were much worse they might be bad for player development for the likes of Boyd, ced (if not already), dbs, etc.

Anyway... if our OC,DC, and coaching staff as a whole is terrible who would coach this team the last 7 weeks?

Does it really matter who would coach the team the rest of the way?

Seriously, the most wins we can expect going forward this year is 3. One against the Browns and 2 from some dumb luck that might happen in our direction. That's really about the best we have to look forward to at the moment. I give us a 65% chance of only 2 more wins simply because we don't seem to draw enough lucky bounces for 2 wins in 6 games.

So, I ask against, does it really matter who coaches this team the rest of this year?

Reply/Quote
^ I think people want Marv replaced now because they fear that if Marv is around at the end of the season, we'll just see another "no change" reboot press conference.

Marv deserves to finish out the season and go out with some dignity, but he also definitely deserves to lose his job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike isn't gonna fire Marvin during the season, so that scenario is very unrealistic. Will he fire him after the season is over? Probably not, but at least it's a bit more probable.

If Marvin was let go, there are 5 names that I think could be realistic candidates to replace him...

Brian Billick - He has stated that he would like to be a head coach again, and he's someone that I think could co-exist with Mike. 
Matt Patricia - Very smart guy, has shown great ability to adapt and of course, is a Belichick disciple.
Vance Joseph - They were very high on him when he was here and blocked him from going to Denver at one point.
Kyle Shanahan - A young, but experienced coordinator who seems primed for a HCing opportunity.
Josh McDaniels - Yes, he failed in his first gig as HC, but is someone I could see Mike/Katie being interested in.

I think these guys would all be realistic options. 3 of them are looking to become head coaches for the first time, the other 2 are trying to get back there. All would be affordable and I think all would jump at the opportunity.

I like all of these except Josh McDaniels. The Tebow pick was a gigantic mis-evaluation, no matter what Urban Meyer says.

To the other posters, I just don't see McCarthy coming to Cinci.

Once Marvin is gone we'll start to hear about all of the "no's" he got from Mikey Brown and that will scare off a guy like McCarthy. He's probably had enough of that up in Green Bay. I could be wrong about this, but I suspect the front office has put the kibosh on more than a few deals Marv really wanted. Marv just isn't going to talk about it while he's employed with the team.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:41 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ^ I think people want Marv replaced now because they fear that if Marv is around at the end of the season, we'll just see another "no change" reboot press conference.

Marv deserves to finish out the season and go out with some dignity, but he also definitely deserves to lose his job.

I can't imagine what the fan base will do if we have another 2010 style PC.

I'm ready for no change to happen and Mike Brown to just chalk it up to all of the changes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 05:13 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I can't imagine what the fan base will do if we have another 2010 style PC.

I'm ready for no change to happen and Mike Brown to just chalk it up to all of the changes.

Hobspin probably has that story ready to go. Blame the coaching changes, point out the tough schedule, close losses, and any late season reasons for hope. 
Reply/Quote
So far I'm liking coughlin, billick, Patricia and shanahan. I'm not a fan of mccarthy
Reply/Quote