Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengal gets HOF snub
Only Jerry Rice had more receiving yards

Only Rice and Moss have scored more TDs

Marvin Harrison got in despite having about 1400 fewer yards and around 30 fewer TDs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean technically you are correct ...
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Is this a message of "we realize you were very talented and put up big numbers, but you were an a-hole so you're not getting in on the first ballot"? Give it to him eventually but let him cool his heels a bit? Heard that offered a few times on NFL radio.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Total BS. He nearly led the Eagles to a SB win playing with a broken leg. That was HOF worthy as it is.

Nevermind the ridonkulous numbers. I also noticed that another former Bengals WR was getting some mentions as a candidate for next year.

I seriously doubt he gets in, but it's nice that objective folks can appreciate the career he had.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Was a huge fan early in his career and argued on his behalf many times against the Moss army on who was the best at time.

Kind of like Chad, he wore on me with antics eventually. Always cool at the beginning but then it becomes how can I top that and more effort is put into self promotion than play it seems.

He is a Hall of Fame player though and T.O. will get in.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That is just a shame. He was defintely the most dominant wr i have ever seen in my lifetime. He should be first ballot.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 10:57 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I mean technically you are correct ...

What other type of correct is there?

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 02:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What other type of correct is there?

Well there is my correct and the wife's. She's usually right though, at least she thinks  Mellow
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 12:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Total BS. He nearly led the Eagles to a SB win playing with a broken leg. That was HOF worthy as it is.

Nevermind the ridonkulous numbers. I also noticed that another former Bengals WR was getting some mentions as a candidate for next year.

I seriously doubt he gets in, but it's nice that objective folks can appreciate the career he had.

Absolutely.  I'll remember him for playing WELL with a broken leg over paling around with only CJ on the bench during Bengal losses.  Its one thing for someone with a ballot to chose not to punch because of obvious steriod use, but to pass over him is just a bad use of judgement.  Even if he cussed at you personally, does it make you a man because you "got him back" by not voting him in?  If TO isn't a HOF WR, then they should start kicking out some of the other names that are already in. 
Reply/Quote
Dude was the biggest locker room cancer of all time. Yeah he has the numbers for the HOF and he will get in but the dude was a total Jackass.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 03:43 AM)J24 Wrote: Dude was the biggest locker room cancer of all time. Yeah he has the numbers for the HOF and he will get in but the dude was a total Jackass.

Oh, i almost forgot that the  HOF is a based on your personality. Not what you did on the field.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only Jerry Rice had more receiving yards

Only Rice and Moss have scored more TDs

Marvin Harrison got in despite having about 1400 fewer yards and around 30 fewer TDs

Of the 5 players selected, which would you have left out this year? Not getting in on the 1st year of eligibility isn't really a snub when you consider how many people TO pissed off during his career.

And TO won't go in as a Bengal though. There's only one player who's ever gone in as a Bengal. :/

(02-20-2016, 10:30 AM)Gohards Wrote: Oh, i almost forgot that the  HOF is a based on your personality. Not what you did on the field.

How someone conducts themselves does play a role. That's why Pete Rose isn't in the baseball hall.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: How someone conducts themselves does play a role. That's why Pete Rose isn't in the baseball hall.

Pete rose CHEATED the game. He is ineligible for the HOF. Completely different.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:42 AM)Gohards Wrote: Pete rose CHEATED the game. He is ineligible for the HOF. Completely different.

Pete Rose bet on his own team to win. Not sure that's cheating. It's more of a PR problem due to past players throwing games for money. As far as I know no one has even hinted that Rose was involved in throwing games, just being stupid.

But conduct plays a role whether you like it or not. And TO rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and there are consequences for that. Not being a 1st ballot nomination is not that unusual. Players needs to be tip top all around to earn 1st ballot honors.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: 1. Of the 5 players selected, which would you have left out this year? 

2. And TO won't go in as a Bengal though. There's only one player who's ever gone in as a Bengal. :/

3. How someone conducts themselves does play a role. That's why Pete Rose isn't in the baseball hall.

1. The guy with 1354 fewer yards and 25 fewer TDs? Who was also implicated in a murder?

2. Duh. He's still a former Bengal though, which makes it worthy of discussion in JN.

3. Right. Pete breaking baseball's most infamous rule is very similar to TO breaking the NFL's rule for having a great personality. Oh wait, there is no rule like that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It only serves to strengthen the NFL's bias against certain things when their shouldn't be any bias at all. We all know too well what that feel like with Anderson and Riley being snubbed. If they had played for a NFl darling they would be in and that's just not right. TO is a first ballot HOF, you judge him on his numbers not his personality.

Could you imagine what the Rock and Roll HOF would look like if we did that?

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Of the 5 players selected, which would you have left out this year? 

Read the 3rd line of the OP

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 11:53 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Pete Rose bet on his own team to win. Not sure that's cheating. It's more of a PR problem due to past players throwing games for money. As far as I know no one has even hinted that Rose was involved in throwing games, just being stupid.

But conduct plays a role whether you like it or not. And TO rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and there are consequences for that. Not being a 1st ballot nomination is not that unusual. Players needs to be tip top all around to earn 1st ballot honors.

That is cheating. He altered the game. 
Who is to say he didnt bet against his own team? Oh thats right, petes the one who claims that. Just a couple of years ago he didnt bet at all, now its he only bet on his team? Give me a break, money talks
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 12:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Read the 3rd line of the OP

Ah, well, personality goes a long ways.

Reply/Quote
Harrison was a bit of a headscratcher, but to will get in eventually.
Reply/Quote