Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
(03-28-2020, 01:43 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Yes I do and that is scary...WHAT IF he is done growing?  WHAT IF he has hit his ceiling?  Teams draft players in later rounds because they are "raw" and young to develop because of their potential.  I am not being doom and gloom, just stating what may be possible.

He may get hit by a bus.  He may go prematurely bald.  He may marry a stripper.  Okay.  How much time do we need to spend on what may happen?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But where Burrow really separated himself (for the few that were still doubters anyway) was what he did to the #1 defense Clemson team in the NCG.

31/49 463 yds 5 TD 0 Int another TD on the ground, and oh btw he played the entire second half with bruised ribs. There is just no rational way to downplay what the kid did.

Another non reader...My response was for comparison in stats overall and running and defense support.

It had nothing to do with his attributes or bruised ribs.

If only people could read!!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:47 PM)McC Wrote: He may get hit by a bus.  He may go prematurely bald.  He may marry a stripper.  Okay.  How much time do we need to spend on what may happen?

That is just a dumb response.  Reaching for straws?

Being bald or marrying a stripper has no bearing on his ceiling as an athlete.  I guess being hit by a bus might stunt his growth.

You're funny!!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If his ceiling is to be better than all his peers and win championships I’m good with that.

AJ McCarron won 2 NCGs
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: That is just a dumb response.  Reaching for straws?

Being bald or marrying a stripper has no bearing on his ceiling as an athlete.  I guess being hit by a bus might stunt his growth.

Your funny!!

Point is, wtf is the point in sitting around wondering about what may happen other than to bring down the overall excitement in the room?

And, once and for all, OSU not realizing what they had is way more of an indictment of their stupidity than his inability.  Other than that, leave Ohio State out of the Joe Borrow discussion and stop trying to play Cpt. Bringdown. 

Your point is duly noted and that's that and not worth even a second mention, let alone ten or twelve.   Why is campfire pissing such a requirement around here?  I just don't get it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:50 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Another non reader...My response was for comparison in stats overall and running and defense support.

It had nothing to do with his attributes or bruised ribs.

If only people could read!!

And if only OSU fans could take off the scarlet and gray tinted glasses!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:55 PM)spazz70 Wrote: AJ McCarron won 2 NCGs

Good God, man.

Did he throw 60 td passes?  Did he complete 80% of his passes? 

Hopefully, the length to which you're going, just how far you are reaching is a signal that you're just about ready to give up this madness and stop. 

Does it really gripe you this much that it looks like we might come out of our long, dark nightmare and see the light of day before we're all dead and gone?

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:55 PM)spazz70 Wrote: AJ McCarron won 2 NCGs

Both of which he threw for less than 265 yds and didn’t even have a TD in one of them.

Little bit different than what Burrow did, no?

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: That is just a dumb response.  Reaching for straws?

Your funny!!

*you’re

I wouldn’t have thought an OSU alumni would make such a mistake...

Reply/Quote
well, I finally had to put spazz on ignore lol. If you see something on tape that leads you to believe that a player is bad show us the footage and explain it. I've tried to make several of these threads along the process so that people can see on tape the elite traits that he has demonstrated and why you shouldn't listen to these media heads who get handed scripts. If you can't see and understand the difference between AJ Mccarron/Dwayne Haskins and Joe Burrow then, unfortunately, we have nothing to talk about.

As far as Burrow goes he has all the mental, physical, and football traits that lead me to believe he's one of the most pro-ready QB's of all time. I don't care about how he got to this point or what unfortunate event may happen to derail that talent because it's irrelevant to the talent evaluation process.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: well, I finally had to put spazz on ignore lol.  If you see something on tape that leads you to believe that a player is bad show us the footage and explain it.  I've tried to make several of these threads along the process so that people can see on tape the elite traits that he has demonstrated and why you shouldn't listen to these media heads who get handed scripts.  If you can't see and understand the difference between AJ Mccarron/Dwayne Haskins and Joe Burrow then, unfortunately, we have nothing to talk about.  

As far as Burrow goes he has all the mental, physical, and football traits that lead me to believe he's one of the most pro-ready QB's of all time.  I don't care about how he got to this point or what unfortunate event may happen to derail that talent because it's irrelevant to the talent evaluation process.

Well said.  For once, our sukking might finally pay off.  Why not be happy about it?

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *you’re

I wouldn’t have thought an OSU alumni would make such a mistake...

Corrected it for you and I am not an OSU alumni...I just live in the great state of Ohio unlike most on here that live in Northern Kentucky(Greater Cincinnati included) that root for UC and UK and despise OSU.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Both of which he threw for less than 265 yds and didn’t even have a TD in one of them.

Little bit different than what Burrow did, no?

Can you not even follow your own damn posts?

Your post..."If his ceiling is to be better than all his peers and win championships I’m good with that."

AJ McCarron did just this....nothing about stats or anything else....He was better than all of his peers and won championships.

You guys are killing me.  Read and follow the posts in order and respond accordingly and maybe some of what I am saying/posting would make sense.

Every time I post something you all are just replying to that comment not the total context of the discussion.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:38 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Corrected it for you and I am not an OSU alumni...I just live in the great state of Ohio unlike most on here that live in Northern Kentucky(Greater Cincinnati included) that root for UC and UK and despise OSU.

A lot of the reason people in these parts despise OSU is their fans.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:44 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Can you not even follow your own damn posts?

Your post..."If his ceiling is to be better than all his peers and win championships I’m good with that."

AJ McCarron did just this....nothing about stats or anything else....He was better than all of his peers and won championships.

You guys are killing me.  Read and follow the posts in order and respond accordingly and maybe some of what I am saying/posting would make sense.

Every time I post something you all are just replying to that comment not the total context of the discussion.

Now you really have fallen off the beam.  No one anywhere ever said AJM was better than all of his peers.  That is beyond laughable.

The discussion is why you as a Bengals fan do not have the right to feel good about Joe Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:44 PM)McC Wrote: A lot of the reason people in these parts despise OSU is their fans.

These parts?  Do you live in Cincy?  If so you live in OHIO.  I do not understand that whole thing.  I worked in Cincinnati and one year they had a decent team and everyone at that place lived in Cincy.  Every one of them bashed on OSU and just raved about UC and how good they were like Cincinnati was in some other state or their own state or something.  It's like you are net even part of Ohio.  I don't get it.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:50 PM)spazz70 Wrote: These parts?  Do you live in Cincy?  If so you live in OHIO.  I do not understand that whole thing.  I worked in Cincinnati and one year they had a decent team and everyone at that place lived in Cincy.  Every one of them bashed on OSU and just raved about UC and how good they were like Cincinnati was in some other state or their own state or something.  It's like you are net even part of Ohio.  I don't get it.

Yes.  I live in Cincinnati and therefore know not to call it Cincy.  

I graduated from UC.  Columbus might as well be on another planet as far as I'm concerned and I refuse to let anyone try to convince me why I should be a fan of another university outside my home town, a university that can't hold a candle to my alma mater academically but acts like they are the **** of the walk and thinks I should feel some obligation to support it.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:44 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Can you not even follow your own damn posts?

AJ McCarron was NEVER better than all his peers. That’s ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:47 PM)McC Wrote: Now you really have fallen off the beam.  No one anywhere ever said AJM was better than all of his peers.  That is beyond laughable.

The discussion is why you as a Bengals fan do not have the right to feel good about Joe Burrow.

I have told my feelings many times in this thread and many others.  

Again read the statement..."If his ceiling is to be better than all his peers and win championships I’m good with that."

If it said this I would agree with you...  "If his ceiling is to be STATISTICALLY and MENTALLY better than all his peers and win championships I’m good with that."

AJ McCarron was better than all his peers BY winning championships...Was he statistically better?  Was he mentally better?  Was he physically better? No to all three but he was BETTER than his peers and won multiple championships.

Any other disagreement on this board and statistics DO NOT MATTER but for some reason this one keeps bringing up Burrow's stats every time.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:44 PM)McC Wrote: A lot of the reason people in these parts despise OSU is their fans.

Pretty much. The whole “The” Ohio State entitled attitude rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Personally, I have no love for a team from Columbus. I’m from Cincinnati.

Reply/Quote