Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mexican President: We're Not Paying for a 'Stupid' Wall
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/former-mexican-pres-trump-we-re-not-paying-stupid-wall-n513596?cid=sm_fb

Quote:A former Mexican president had some tough words when asked about GOP candidate Donald Trump's much-touted plan to build a border wall that he says will be paid for by Mexico.

"We are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," said former Mexican president Felipe Calderón when asked about this at the AmCham Egypt for Business Conference on Sunday.

Calderón had harsh words about the Republican presidential race during his conversation with CNBC's Hadley Gamble, saying it was "incredible" that quite an "admirable society" like the U.S. had candidates like Trump.

"No offense, no offense to America. So Donald Trump … is ambitious but not exactly very well-informed man, I don't want to say ignorant, but he is not very well informed," said Calderón.

Trump has made border issues and immigration one of the key centerpieces of his campaign, saying on the day he announced he was running that Mexico was sending "rapists" and "criminals." The controversial remarks set off a cascade of events including strong condemnation from the U.S. Latino community - including Latino Republicans - and the severing of several business relationships including one with NBC. Despite the controversy, Trump has escalated his rhetoric on immigration issues and has called for a ban on Muslims entering the U.S. to combat terrorism.

The former Mexican president said "the first loser of such a policy would be the United States - If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade [or] for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

Calderón also took issue with Trump's statements that illegal immigration from Mexico is a big and escalating problem. According to a Pew Research report in November, more Mexicans were emigrating from the U.S. than entering.

"They don't want to go, they can work for a motor company (that's) not in Detroit, I am sorry to say," said Calderón about the fact that fewer Mexicans want to go to the U.S. "They are working for a motor company in Hermosillo and Toluca, so Mazda is coming to Mexico, Honda is coming to Mexico. Those kids have jobs in that industry in Mexico."

Trump also said the wall would cost 8 Billion dollars....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/09/politics/donald-trump-border-wall-cost-8-billion/index.html?sr=fbCNN020916donald-trump-border-wall-cost-8-billion0741PMVODtopLink&linkId=21127569

Quote:Donald Trump estimated on Tuesday that it will cost about $8 billion to build the wall he has promised to erect on the U.S.'s southern border if elected president.

Trump has vowed to force Mexico to pay for the border wall and said Tuesday on MSNBC that the hefty $8 billion price tag "is a tiny fraction of the money that we lose with Mexico" on trade.

"The wall is probably $8 billion, which is a tiny fraction of the money that we lose with Mexico. We lose a tremendous amount of trade deficits. We have a trade deficit with Mexico that is astronomical, much bigger than that. We will get -- and I say it also is also part of my plan -- Mexico is going to pay for the wall," he said.

Trump's proposal to build a wall on the U.S.'s southern border and his hardline immigration policies have become central to the billionaire's presidential campaign. But Tuesday marked the first time he has tacked a specific dollar amount to his border wall proposal.
Trump said he came up with the figure by "multiplying the number of miles by a certain number."

"I'm taking price per square foot and price per square, you know, per mile, and it's a very simple calculation," Trump said, noting that he would need to erect about 1,000 miles of border wall along the 2,000-mile long border because of natural barriers along certain parts.

Trump's pledge to make Mexico pay for the wall drew harsh criticism just days earlier from former Mexican President Felipe Calderon.
"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall, and they need to know that," Calderon had said. "And it's going to be completely useless."

So the wall is now NOT just to keep illegals from entering the US (without digging under the wall or being smuggled in) but will also stop all trade?

It is getting to the point that I'm starting to hope he wins just to watch him continue to make an even larger ass out of himself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Trump is a genius.

He recently bought the largest ladder factory in Mexico.
(02-10-2016, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is getting to the point that I'm starting to hope he wins just to watch him continue to make an even larger ass out of himself.

Making an ass out of himself worked for Obama.
he's a moron about the wall, but we should stop lop-sided trading. As Calderon said, manufacturing is going there. If it is, but consumers are being charged like they're built here, that's screwed up. End nafta, tax accordingly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-10-2016, 12:41 PM)Vlad Wrote: Making an ass out of himself worked for Obama.

and W.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

The dude felt it necessary to reply?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Of course he isn't going to agree to build it...Trump is going to FORCE him to pay for it. To find out how, you're going to just have to elect him as president!
LOL at the survey that showed more mexicans were leaving than entering.

It may be true, but they relied heavily on simply asking. What is dud gonna say? I jumped the fence last night.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-10-2016, 12:45 PM)Benton Wrote: he's a moron about the wall, but we should stop lop-sided trading. As Calderon said, manufacturing is going there. If it is, but consumers are being charged like they're built here, that's screwed up. End nafta, tax accordingly.
I'm thinking that's what he's intending. 
Probably wants to impose incredibly high tariffs to build "the wall", as well.
How else would it even be possible ?

I suppose we could just start shoving our worst criminals across the border and post snipers every few miles. 

Meh....
There is several ways this could be done.
Have Illegals earn their legal status by allowing them work x amount of t per person that they wish to legalize on building the wall.
That would cut costs dramatically, and then thru tariffs we could get the rest of it.
(02-10-2016, 04:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: There is several ways this could be done.
Have Illegals earn their legal status by allowing them work x amount of t per person that they wish to legalize on building the wall.
That would cut costs dramatically, and then thru tariffs we could get the rest of it.

So we're going to let criminals and rapists become citizens by working on a wall first?  Oh Trump, now you done it!~
(02-10-2016, 04:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So we're going to let criminals and rapists become citizens by working on a wall first?  Oh Trump, now you done it!~

You make sure they build it from the Mexican side, and then when they are done you give them the finger.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-10-2016, 04:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So we're going to let criminals and rapists become citizens by working on a wall first?  Oh Trump, now you done it!~

I'm sure he figures they'll work into the aggregate rather well.
Ninja
Trump wants the wall to be a wifi-hotspot (that of course only works on the US side), thus making this a "smart wall". Mexico will be paying for the "smart wall". Can't stump the Trump.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(02-10-2016, 04:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You make sure they build it from the Mexican side, and then when they are done you give them the finger.

Good idea.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to rape and pillage Canada because they have no giant wall to stop me.

Duh, the criminals will wait in jails until the wall is done, then we will drop them over.
Only the clean record people will be allowed to earn their legal status.
(02-10-2016, 04:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Duh, the criminals will wait in jails until the wall is done, then we will drop them over.
Only the clean record people will be allowed to earn their legal status.

Is there such a thing as Mexican with a clean record?  I thought those were the ones who didn't want or need to sneak into the USA?  I'm so cornfused!
(02-10-2016, 04:30 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Trump wants the wall to be a wifi-hotspot (that of course only works on the US side), thus making this a "smart wall". Mexico will be paying for the "smart wall". Can't stump the Trump.

With solar panels and billboard space, Anon.

> letrumppepe.jpg
(02-10-2016, 04:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: With solar panels and billboard space, Anon.

> letrumppepe.jpg

Solar Panels are for liberal degenerates and billboard space aint gonna happen because it will mean less space for Trump's name and face.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(02-10-2016, 03:48 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm thinking that's what he's intending. 
Probably wants to impose incredibly high tariffs to build "the wall", as well.
How else would it even be possible ?

I suppose we could just start shoving our worst criminals across the border and post snipers every few miles. 

Meh....

I agree we are headed to tariff land under trump.