Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort Lauderdale police may have to undergo sensitivity training......
http://www.dailywire.com/news/18620/man-was-pulled-over-hes-transgender-woman-now-hank-berrien

For writing a ticket for this Dude and writing male on this guy's ticket. Crazy stuff. Thanks for making our streets less safe while our police are lectured how to treat people with mental issues.

Quote:This Man Was Pulled Over. He's A Transgender Woman. Now The Entire Police Department May Have To Undergo Sensitivity Training.

July 14, 2017

screenshot from Twitter
You might ask, why is the Fort Lauderdale, Florida Citizens Police Review Board forcing the entire Fort Lauderdale Police Department to undergo additional training on how to properly treat transgender people?

Here’s why: In January, police officer James Brinton pulled over a person named Shelby Kendall for reckless driving in a Camaro. Although Kendall’s driver’s license lists Kendall as female, Brinton changed the traffic citation to list Kendall as male. When he asked Kendall why the driver’s license said Kendall was female, Kendall insisted on an identity as a female, according to the police investigation of Kendall’s complaint.

“Well, for the purposes of this citation, you’re a male,” Brinton told Kendall when he issued the traffic citation.

Kendall said last week, “If I’ve done everything I need to do for the state of Florida to recognize me as a female, he doesn’t have a right to purposely mis-gender me. It was inappropriate and kind of bullying and sends a message to the transgender community.”

The board said Brinton should receive a written reprimand for the incident. Board member Marc Dickerson stated, “I think it’s fair. It’s a matter of training and the officers need training.”

Officers could be forced to watch a 13-minute video from the U.S. Department of Justice and then sign a document to guarantee they watched it.

“Couldn’t have asked for more,” said Kendall. “I just think the city is showing they’re willing to help others and make everyone feel welcome.”
(07-14-2017, 06:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/18620/man-was-pulled-over-hes-transgender-woman-now-hank-berrien

For writing a ticket for this Dude and writing male on this guy's ticket.  Crazy stuff.  Thanks for making our streets less safe while our police are lectured how to treat people with mental issues.  

Quote:Although Kendall’s driver’s license lists Kendall as female, Brinton changed the traffic citation to list Kendall as male. When he asked Kendall why the driver’s license said Kendall was female, Kendall insisted on an identity as a female, according to the police investigation of Kendall’s complaint.

Well, for the purposes of this citation, you’re a male,” Brinton told Kendall when he issued the traffic citation.

Sooooo....the officer can decide what gender you are no matter what you have on your DL?

I was expecting it say the DL said male and so the officer went with that...instead he just did whatever he wanted.  The gender of the person receving the ticket makes no difference for this crime.

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It matters when they have to identify the guy. If he looks like a dude he is a dude
(07-14-2017, 08:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It matters when they have to identify the guy. If he looks like a dude he is a dude

She has a state issued DL that says she is a female.

Doesn't matter what she looks like.
(07-14-2017, 09:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: She has a state issued DL that says she is a female.

It does when police have to identify this dude. For the cop to do this he had to be just a ridiculous one. The Police down here are good and put up with a lot. They do not need be hassled by some dude playing dress up.
(07-14-2017, 08:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It matters when they have to identify the guy. If he looks like a dude he is a dude

Must . . . resist . . .
(07-14-2017, 09:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: She has a state issued DL that says she is a female.

So the dude pulls a gun, shoots and injures the officer and runs away on foot...the officer radios for help but he must describe the dude as woman just because the dude thinks hes a woman?
Fabulous.

[Image: trans.jpg]
(07-14-2017, 10:46 PM)Vlad Wrote: So the dude pulls a gun, shoots and injures the officer and runs away on foot...the officer radios for help but he must describe the dude as woman just because the dude thinks hes a woman?
Fabulous.

Stop using common sense.
Dailynews. I stopped right there. Yawn.
(07-14-2017, 10:46 PM)Vlad Wrote: So the dude pulls a gun, shoots and injures the officer and runs away on foot...the officer radios for help but he must describe the dude as woman just because the dude thinks hes a woman?
Fabulous.

Could you link this story? It doesn't provide any info on the shooting in lucies story.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-14-2017, 10:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It does when police have to identify this dude.   For the cop to do this he had to be just a ridiculous one.  The Police down here are good and put up with a lot.   They do not need  be hassled by some dude playing dress up.

(07-14-2017, 10:46 PM)Vlad Wrote: So the dude pulls a gun, shoots and injures the officer and runs away on foot...the officer radios for help but he must describe the dude as woman just because the dude thinks hes a woman?
Fabulous.

So giving a height, eye color, hair color and description (i.e. small nose, large forehead) isn't enough?

The officer has to say "Yeah, DL say female and she was dressed as a female but she was ugly enough to be man so I'm going to say she was man."?

Cool
(07-15-2017, 09:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: So giving a height, eye color, hair color and description (i.e. small nose, large forehead) isn't enough?

The officer has to say "Yeah, DL say female and she was dressed as a female but she was ugly enough to be man so I'm going to say she was man."?

Cool

The dude is a man. Unless ofc he has gotten then chop. Then that changes things.
(07-15-2017, 07:33 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Dailynews. I stopped right there. Yawn.

What happened to the bold font? Run out of ink?
(07-15-2017, 12:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The dude is a man.  Unless ofc he has gotten then chop.  Then that changes things.

Everything says he is a female.

A description, for a traffic stop, will not generally include which genitalia you have.  Smirk
(07-15-2017, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Everything says he is a female.

A description, for a traffic stop, will not generally include which genitalia you have.  Smirk

Except his beard, size, and voice.

If he wants to be a female then he needs to chop off his olhog and show some commitment to his mental disorder if he truly believes.

The reason we don't have them showing any commitment is they would all be a in a support group of regrets they were pretending to be women .
(07-15-2017, 02:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Except his beard, size, and voice.  

If he wants to be a female then he needs to chop off his olhog and show some commitment to his mental disorder if he truly believes.  

The reason we don't have them showing any commitment is they would all be a in a support group of regrets they were pretending to be women .

None of that matters.

Legally she is a she according to the state.

If the description says "female with full beard" then that's what it says.  I didn't see anything in the story posted to imply she had a beard.

A woman with a mustache?  A woman with a deep voice?  Doesn't matter...still a woman.  Especially if the DL says so.  She went through the trouble to get it legal.  The officer was wrong.

Edit:  I don;t know what she looks like in full dress and makeup...but no beard.

[Image: ft-lauderdale1.png]
i think the state knows more in this situation

stop grasping at straws, your arms will give out sooner or later and no one wants you injured
People suck
Ah, yes. The insistence that trans people are mentally ill and the insistence on misgendering them. Good to see that nothing has changed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-15-2017, 03:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ah, yes. The insistence that trans people are mentally ill and the insistence on misgendering them. Good to see that nothing has changed.

Seeing things that aren't there..... yes that's a mental issue.

Did you ever think I would change this stance? I also still believe 2+2=4

Agree with me or not...... I am consistent and we can always agree to disagree on any issue we come across in the news and on here boards.
(07-15-2017, 06:16 PM)Griever Wrote: just give it some time...we'll get peace and quiet back soon enough

Dude, you gotta ditch photobucket, keeps coming up as bandwidth overdrawn. 

Here's an imgur link

http://i.imgur.com/JHUpNuol.png
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]