Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foster Moreau Visits
(03-21-2023, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Moreau catches balls deeper than Hurst. Not bashing Hurst, but he didn't stretch the field. He was a catch it short and play with effort guy.

I think we also need to add, much more capable blocker imo. Also to mention, coming off his rookie contract so hitting his peak, and already has a connection with Burrow from. LSU.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 09:18 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Let me repeat this again for the people hard of hearing in the back. You attack cover two with TE, RB and Slot WR. The cover two is designed to double team your outside WR's. Tyler Boyd was averaging 15 yards per catch at the start of the season the highest he ever had. You can get chunk plays by sending your outside WR deep drawing coverage downfield and attacking underneath but still 15 yards downfield which is a chunk play. Your Slot TE and RB can all get 10-to-20-yard chunk plays while attacking cover two. You seem to be under the impression chunk plays are 40 yards downfield which is untrue. We was using our RB and TE mostly as 5-yard checkdowns and not pushing the ball downfield against cover two. We also threw a ton of behind the line of scrimmage throws and screens which got blew up 80% of the time and put us in 2nd and 12 or 3rd and 10. Bad scheme attacking too short and making us have 10, 12, 15 play drives. Joe Burrow is one of the most accurate QB in the NFL and you want him to throw checkdowns all year negating his strength. 20 yard throws are perfect for Joe to tear up cover two the intermediate routes playing to his strengths and attacking {again for those in the cheap seats} with TE, RB and the slot WR getting 15-to-20-yard chunk plays.

You would like to get the other team out of cover two so we can go downfield to Chase and Higgins more right? Since we plan on paying these guys a ton of cash well get chunk plays underneath to do it.

I figured out your confusion, when everyone talks about cover 2 and the struggles teams have they are referring to a two high five under zone defense not 2 man. What you are talking about is man 2 which is not a struggle for this team or most teams in the league. It does provide help outside on your receivers but again this isn’t what has been giving teams issues as of late it’s the two over five under zone defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 12:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: I figured out your confusion, when everyone talks about cover 2 and the struggles teams have they are referring to a two high five under zone defense not 2 man. What you are talking about is man 2 which is not a struggle for this team or most teams in the league. It does provide help outside on your receivers but again this isn’t what has been giving teams issues as of late it’s the two over five under zone defense.

Two over five under zone is the easiest to beat. Send your slot WR or TE down the seam with your WRs running out wide and someone will be wide open. It’s the worst defense to run, unless you are backed up in the red zone.

Well, that’s my experience in madden anyway. LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 09:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: In round 1? With Awouzie, CTB, and Apple?

I dont think Apple is back, if he signs then I agree... unless a total stud falls they like.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 12:16 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Two over five under zone is the easiest to beat. Send your slot WR or TE down the seam with your WRs running out wide and someone will be wide open.  It’s the worst defense to run, unless you are backed up in the red zone.  

Well, that’s my experience in madden anyway.  LOL

This is exactly why defenses run Dungy's Tampa 2, to remove the middle the seam option... we run it a lot.  This is not Madden my man.

[Image: icegif-1661.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 02:48 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is exactly why defenses run Dungy's Tampa 2, to remove the middle the seam option... we run it a lot.  This is not Madden my man.

[Image: icegif-1661.gif]

I know, it was a joke. Hence the all caps LOL.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 12:16 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Two over five under zone is the easiest to beat. Send your slot WR or TE down the seam with your WRs running out wide and someone will be wide open.  It’s the worst defense to run, unless you are backed up in the red zone.  

Well, that’s my experience in madden anyway.  LOL

Seams routes against that coverage are also tough to throw. Gotta get the ball up and down very fast just high enough over the linebacker to not create a tipped ball and down fast enough that the closing safety can't make a play on the ball... and hopefully for the receiver to protect themselves a little cuz they are about to take a shot. Bengals did this with Trenton Irwin a couple times against the Patriots one TD and the other he took a shot from the safety and dropped a TD.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 07:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Has the 2nd visit been verified?

I don't know, someone said it. Oh well, this sure has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would...
Reply/Quote
At this point I'm thinking the Bengals aren't interested in him or he's holding out for a better deal, maybe from the Saints.
Reply/Quote
Turns out his Physical with the saints turned up Lymphoma. That’s absolutely wild!
Reply/Quote
Well now we know why he hasn't signed Moreaue has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma

He's stepping away from football to focus on defeating cancer.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
All the best to him horrible ***** disease.

Question is did our medical team miss it if he had a medical or did he choose the saints over us which is why it got to that stage?

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of life, fingers crossed he beats it quickly and is able to get back out there one day.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 08:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Turns out his Physical with the saints turned up Lymphoma. That’s absolutely wild!

Poor guy. 

I thought I had it in my 20s as well after chest pain an a scan turned up a baseball sized mass between my heart & lungs. Prognosis was NOT favorable. 

Turned out to be a thymic cyst. 

Hope he beats it. 
Reply/Quote
With Moreau no longer an option (hope he beats HL), it leaves very few options at TE for the Bengals to pursue.

Cameron Brate is about the best TE left on the market, but he's far from what he used to be.
At best, he'd be a stopgap for a year, maybe two.
Or maybe bring Kyle Rudolph in as hometown guy on a discount to be a stopgap.

At this point though, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Wilcox or Sample re-signed for cheap and a TE drafted early.
Or this could be a year we see two TEs drafted - one early and one late.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Good luck to him, I am glad it got caught while he can still fight it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
How awful to find out this young man was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma by the New Orleans medical team. Praying for him to get well soon and return to football healthy! Good luck Foster.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: His receiving ability is not unknown. There is not a player in the draft that has known receiving ability in the NFL because they are not there yet. In the following highlight video what you can take away from it is that Washington is a natural pass catcher that has no issue catching a ball in traffic and who understands how to settle into the open spots in a zone which is what the Bengals ask their TEs to do on a regular basis. You can also take from the video that he is a tough tackle with the ball in his hands and is looking for yards after the catch.

The ceiling on Washington is extremely high which is what you want from a first round selection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7SbLkZ4_Pg
Reply/Quote
Moreau diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma during a physical with the Saints. I wish him the very best in this new battle!
Reply/Quote
Saw this in JN, prayers to Foster...
Reply/Quote
I wish the best for this kid. I hope good health comes his way.
Reply/Quote