Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foster Moreau Visits
(03-21-2023, 02:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ^^^^^^^

I agree 100%. I can see a very good TE available in round 2 for us. I don't see a great OL/OT available in round 2.

But, I could also see us taking a CB with 1st pick.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet our pick in first will be CB or OT just depending on who falls/how it plays out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Come on, we want Mporeau to sign so that we can hear "Island of Dr. Moreau" puns from sportscasters...
Reply/Quote
The Falcons should be brought up on charges for their neglect of Kyle Pitts.

Would love to swing a trade for him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 02:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say it's a pretty safe bet our pick in first will be CB or OT just depending on who falls/how it plays out.

They won’t take a CB they have 3.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 02:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say it's a pretty safe bet our pick in first will be CB or OT just depending on who falls/how it plays out.

Hmm. I'm surprised to see such a statement. I agree that CB and OT are in play but I would have also said DE, DT, and TE are in play. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked with a RB 1st round pick such as Robinson if he fell or even Gibbs at this point.

I can't wait for the draft. It's more fun watching a late 1st round pick on a contending team than a top 5 pick for a losing team.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 02:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Come on, we want Mporeau to sign so that we can hear "Island of Dr. Moreau" puns from sportscasters...

Last season, I picked him up as a free agent on last year’s Madden, and every time I’d score with him I’d quip “Burrow to Murrow”! I had fun with it… /shrug
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 02:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Come on, we want Mporeau to sign so that we can hear "Island of Dr. Moreau" puns from sportscasters...

I am kind of worried our Offensive scheme might be deterring the TE's from signing here in Cincy. Hurst had a 8 yard per catch average last year because he was used as a checkdown tons 5-yard routes and sent 15 to 20 yards down the field very little. I know Hurst got paid after a year here but Foster's yard per catch was at 12 which is fairly high and if he drops to 8 yards per catch other teams could see that as production falling off. Zac talking to these TE and assuring them that they will get less checkdowns and more passes downfield could go a long way to getting one of these TE signed. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 03:36 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am kind of worried our Offensive scheme might be deterring the TE's from signing here in Cincy. Hurst had a 8 yard per catch average last year because he was used as a checkdown tons 5-yard routes and sent 15 to 20 yards down the field very little. I know Hurst got paid after a year here but Foster's yard per catch was at 12 which is fairly high and if he drops to 8 yards per catch other teams could see that as production falling off. Zac talking to these TE and assuring them that they will get less checkdowns and more passes downfield could go a long way to getting one of these TE signed. 

I think it's more a what we're willing to pay issue.

I don't know though. Hurst got a nice deal after his year here.
Reply/Quote
yeah, come play with Burrow and get tons of catches in the middle of the field (since you see cover 2 all the time) and parlay that into $$ in your next contract.
Reply/Quote
A second visit usually means the guy will sign. Hope to see Foster Moreau signed today. Good pass blocker and pass catcher.

Could get better at run blocking but hey he can work on that.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 03:11 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The Falcons should be brought up on charges for their neglect of Kyle Pitts.

Pitts is also a receiving TE. He is more of a split end (WR) than a tight end. We want a guy who can block, too. One dimensional receiving TE's can have a lot of value. But if your QB sucks, not as much. 
Reply/Quote
Man, I'm really impatient when it comes to FA.
It's been over a week now since FA tampering period started.
I really wanna know whether Moreau is gonna sign here or not.
Hurry up already!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A second visit usually means the guy will sign. Hope to see Foster Moreau signed today. Good pass blocker and pass catcher.

Could get better at run blocking but hey he can work on that.

Is he visiting with the Bengals again today? He is a pretty good blocker right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 03:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They won’t take a CB they have 3.

They have a good player in Awuzie coming off of injury, CTB, and a slot corner in Hilton.  They need at least 1 more boundary corner if Apple doesn't sign.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 05:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Man, I'm really impatient when it comes to FA.
It's been over a week now since FA tampering period started.
I really wanna know whether Moreau is gonna sign here or not.
Hurry up already!

Bengals fans waiting on Moreau to make his decision:

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kq4y9wmlnx6necwyva...y.gif&ct=g]

LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 02:01 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think this is sound reasoning. However, I am a bit less fanatical about it. There comes a point where the value of the players available at the higher value positions is lower than that of the value of the players at the lower value positions. 

I'd rather have the stud TE, RB, LB, C, G, or S than reach for a OT, WR, CB, DE whom isn't significantly better than the guys available in Rd2 at those spots. 

If you offered me Creed Humphrey for 5 years at #28, I'd take him. You? I'd haveno problem taking Micah Parsons or Christian McCaffery or Travis Kelcie or George Kittle at #28. 

Plus, we already have stud level guys at QB, LT, WR1, WR2, DE, and NT. My #1 option is always gonna be the stud level guy (all pro/pro bowl level) at a premium position. But I'd rather take the exceptional guy at a lower value position than the average guy at the high value position. Especially if there is no glaring need there. 

I'd take Wright, Van Ness, Kancey, or any of the top 3 CBs (Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter) if available. But if it is Banks, Dawand Jones, Keon White, and Bijan Robinson? That is closer. TE value is so good I probably wait, but Washington really has unicorn potential. He is almost like taking a RT. 

Oh yea, my reasoning assumes the players are of approximately equivalent talent level relative to their peers. If there are no 1st round OTs available in the first round I am not advocating reaching for one rather than drafting a TE or RB that you may consider a "generational talent."

But if there's a TE that you believe can be a solid 10 year starter and an OT that you believe can be a solid 10 year starter, I'm taking the OT every time.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 02:01 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think this is sound reasoning. However, I am a bit less fanatical about it. There comes a point where the value of the players available at the higher value positions is lower than that of the value of the players at the lower value positions. 

I'd rather have the stud TE, RB, LB, C, G, or S than reach for a OT, WR, CB, DE whom isn't significantly better than the guys available in Rd2 at those spots. 

If you offered me Creed Humphrey for 5 years at #28, I'd take him. You? I'd haveno problem taking Micah Parsons or Christian McCaffery or Travis Kelcie or George Kittle at #28. 

Plus, we already have stud level guys at QB, LT, WR1, WR2, DE, and NT. My #1 option is always gonna be the stud level guy (all pro/pro bowl level) at a premium position. But I'd rather take the exceptional guy at a lower value position than the average guy at the high value position. Especially if there is no glaring need there. 

I'd take Wright, Van Ness, Kancey, or any of the top 3 CBs (Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter) if available. But if it is Banks, Dawand Jones, Keon White, and Bijan Robinson? That is closer. TE value is so good I probably wait, but Washington really has unicorn potential. He is almost like taking a RT. 

Oh yea, my reasoning assumes the players are of approximately equivalent talent level relative to their peers. If there are no 1st round OTs available in the first round I am not advocating reaching for one rather than drafting a TE or RB that you may consider a "generational talent."

But if there's a TE that you believe can be a solid 10 year starter and an OT that you believe can be a solid 10 year starter, I'm taking the OT every time.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 07:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh yea, my reasoning assumes the players are of approximately equivalent talent level relative to their peers. If there are no 1st round OTs available in the first round I am not advocating reaching for one rather than drafting a TE or RB that you may consider a "generational talent."

Absolutely agree!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 03:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They won’t take a CB they have 3.

We only have 2 boundary CBs and one of them is coming off an ACL on the last year of his contract. Chido may be more questionable than Bates going into his last season... I can definitely see them picking one.  I wouldn't be thrilled, but assuming who is on the board I would reserve judgement. 

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 03:11 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The Falcons should be brought up on charges for their neglect of Kyle Pitts.

Kelce is a very good player.  But he has said many times that Andy Reid changed the offense to get him open for a ton of opportunities. I can only imagine the career Pitts would have with Reid....

Reply/Quote