Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Foster Moreau Visits
(03-18-2023, 04:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I will agree to disagree. 

Cool.

(03-18-2023, 04:24 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The point was that Bowers is running the same route tree that Washington is running because that is the Georgia offense.

Not a good point honestly as Bowers was running the route tree and catching the ball and scoring TD's all the time and 
Darnell wasn't because he was used as more of a blocker and release TE. It is all good though, I think if coached up he 
could be a great TE in the NFL, I just am wondering if we have the coaches to get the best out of Darnell Washington.

(03-18-2023, 04:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Brock Bowers plays multiple positions he is an offensive weapon. He lines up at Y and Z receiver to go along with TE-F and H-back. What they did at Georgia is not even close to similar. 

Yes and sorry for quoting you as Rfaulk lol

(03-18-2023, 04:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and think of the material for Chris Berman: “Burrow scores on a pass to the Island of Foster Moreau!”

Love it  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:04 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont have PFF so I can only see the free stuff but here is what is shows:

Foster Moreau 61.1 overall grade   49 targets   33 receptions   420 yards   2 TDs  12.7 ypc

Hayden Hurst 65.0 overall grade    65 targets   52 receptions   414 yards   2 TDs   8 ypc

so Moreau had 16 less targets, 19 less receptions yet still finished with 6 more yards and the same number of TDs.  Just looking at the stats and not seeing Moreau play, I would guess Moreau was used more as a downfield threat than Hurst. Its either that or he had more yards after the catch than Hurst.

The raiders don’t have the weapons cincy does. Waller didn’t play at all last year
Reply/Quote
I guess Moreau left without a contract. Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess Moreau left without a contract. Oh well.

I hope the door is not closed on this situation. I really think he would be a good addition to this offense and the relationship with Burrow is just a bonus which would cut down on them getting timing down with each other. Almost a natural fit really.

What I do not like is that he is going on a visit to New Orleans where he is from and where his QB from Vegas is now the starting QB. Damn!
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Of course they didnt, they have a guy better than Gronk.  But thats the thing right?  A 1st rounder must have traits AND production.   He has 45 catches in 3 years.  His receiving ability in the NFL is unknown, a blocking TE without being a receiving threat is a tough gamble for aa already low value postion. 

Much of this argument came from the guys at PFF a few days ago.

He’s a better Drew Sample and he cost a second so clearly Darnell would require a 1st
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The raiders don’t have the weapons cincy does. Waller didn’t play at all last year

They do have uhhhh the ex packers wr I’m blanking on his name. Could argue is as good as chase. And Renfrow is close to Boyd. Albeit he was hurt for a lot of the season like Waller was. Got nothing for tee
Reply/Quote
Would love to hear Lap scream, "Burreaux to Moreaux for the touchdown!"
(Forgive the cajun spelling)
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Makes sense he would leave without a contract if he was going to visit Carr’s new team. Think they just re-signed their TE though so hopefully he wants to be back with Burrow and a shot at TE1. I’d take my visits and then decide just like he probably is.
Reply/Quote
Is there no market for Dalton Schultz?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 07:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Is there no market for Dalton Schultz?

Well it could be that they are estimating his market value at just over 15 mil a year. A bit steep I believe.
Reply/Quote

He's wanting like 12 million I think. So probably not at that price.
Reply/Quote

That's what I'm saying. 

Clearly, both he and Gardner-Johnson want more than teams are offering at the moment. 

We cannot pay him what he wants. And IDK if we could afford it multiple years. But if Jonah/Mixon go, a 1 year deal might be doable. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Even better Ill show you.

Ok the top TE route tree is nearly identical to what Hayden Hurst ran for the Bengals last year. See how its all breaking route off the main clear route? This is not going to be Darnell Washington. Michael Mayer, Dalton Kincaid, and Luke Musgrave are more suited for this. These require alot more stop start and short area quickness.

Now the second one has Darnell Washington's game all over it. The these routes let him run and really eat field with his long legs. Alot of play action routes in there that is going to let him get down field and jump guys and catch and run in space. It also allows him to run out and find holes in the zones to sit into which you see on the diagram (transitioning from catch to run after sitting down in a zone won't be a strong suit though).

Mayer, Kincaid, and Musgrave can run both route trees. (Although Mayer won't be able to run the second one as well as the other 3 guys) and Washington will be more limited to the second diagram that doesn't matter because those are big play opportunities which he will excel. Add in the fact he is a unique weapon as a blocker and you have a special player.

Mayer is the most well rounded TE in the class he can do it all and will be an excellent move TE in the NFL. His game is eerily similar to Mark Andrews. Dalton Kincaid is the most natural receiving TE in this class but wow he is a horrendous blocker. He got better as the year went on but some of the most hillarious TE tape you will see is Utah vs Florida Kincaid spent so much time on his ***. Musgrave looks the part showed he has the explosion the size length tore up the Senior Bowl but he has one year playing and that was in a rotational backup role. He exploded the first to games last year and then got hurt so its a big ?. Darnell Washington is a unique player and I would love to bring his blocking and big play ability to the Bengals but we just didn't see the TE's run his type of routes there was very little play action, very little motions etc. Things that would take full advantage of what Washington does best... (Which is irritating because alot of the stuff Darnell Washington does well fits the Wide Zone Scheme so very well.)

Excellent explanation.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 07:11 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Makes sense he would leave without a contract if he was going to visit Carr’s new team. Think they just re-signed their TE though so hopefully he wants to be back with Burrow and a shot at TE1. I’d take my visits and then decide just like he probably is.

Well no reason not to do due diligence certainly as a free agent. Certainly would not turn down your teammate Derek Carr. Don’t know if married but if wife came she may not be familiar with New Orleans LOL. It’s different.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:30 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So do tell what routes is it that you want to see Washington run? Can you point to me mentioning Tony Gonzales? I will wait.

So would you draft Bowers out of Georgia?

(03-18-2023, 03:52 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I am just wondering if others in this thread would draft Bowers because as I am watching film of the Georgia offense he is running virtually the exact same route tree that Washington is running. Hmmm....could it be the Georgia offense?

(03-18-2023, 04:01 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So I am really curious where the major difference is that some are seeing. I watch these highlights of Musgrave and see a guy taking short dump offs, settling into openings in the zone, straight deep seem and edge routes, and 5 or 10 yard drag routes. Am I missing something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Slzz3toUkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKd-FCRfhA

(03-18-2023, 04:24 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The point was that Bowers is running the same route tree that Washington is running because that is the Georgia offense.

(03-18-2023, 04:34 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I am done going back and forth about it. I have watched the film and saw the route trees that they were running. 

(03-18-2023, 05:59 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I hope the door is not closed on this situation. I really think he would be a good addition to this offense and the relationship with Burrow is just a bonus which would cut down on them getting timing down with each other. Almost a natural fit really.

What I do not like is that he is going on a visit to New Orleans where he is from and where his QB from Vegas is now the starting QB. Damn!

Of course I would take Bowers.  You need to do a much better job watching film bud.

Im with you on Moreau though... solid insurance piece if we could get him.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Even better Ill show you.

Ok the top TE route tree is nearly identical to what Hayden Hurst ran for the Bengals last year. See how its all breaking route off the main clear route? This is not going to be Darnell Washington. Michael Mayer, Dalton Kincaid, and Luke Musgrave are more suited for this. These require alot more stop start and short area quickness.

Now the second one has Darnell Washington's game all over it. The these routes let him run and really eat field with his long legs. Alot of play action routes in there that is going to let him get down field and jump guys and catch and run in space. It also allows him to run out and find holes in the zones to sit into which you see on the diagram (transitioning from catch to run after sitting down in a zone won't be a strong suit though).

Mayer, Kincaid, and Musgrave can run both route trees. (Although Mayer won't be able to run the second one as well as the other 3 guys) and Washington will be more limited to the second diagram that doesn't matter because those are big play opportunities which he will excel. Add in the fact he is a unique weapon as a blocker and you have a special player.

Mayer is the most well rounded TE in the class he can do it all and will be an excellent move TE in the NFL. His game is eerily similar to Mark Andrews. Dalton Kincaid is the most natural receiving TE in this class but wow he is a horrendous blocker. He got better as the year went on but some of the most hillarious TE tape you will see is Utah vs Florida Kincaid spent so much time on his ***. Musgrave looks the part showed he has the explosion the size length tore up the Senior Bowl but he has one year playing and that was in a rotational backup role. He exploded the first to games last year and then got hurt so its a big ?. Darnell Washington is a unique player and I would love to bring his blocking and big play ability to the Bengals but we just didn't see the TE's run his type of routes there was very little play action, very little motions etc. Things that would take full advantage of what Washington does best... (Which is irritating because alot of the stuff Darnell Washington does well fits the Wide Zone Scheme so very well.)

Great job. I agree Mayer is very well rounded. Andrews blocking is overrated.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:20 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He’s a better Drew Sample and he cost a second so clearly Darnell would require a 1st

[Image: giphy.webp]

Reply/Quote
After looking over the Foster Moreau situation it does appear that Cincinnati would be a bit better scenario for him as the TE room here is far less crowded than that in New Orleans. They have Taysom Hill, Adam Trautman, and Juwan Johnson. I would seem that he would be potentially looking at far more playing time here in Cincinnati as Hill seems to be an important part of their team over the last few years.
Reply/Quote
OJ Howard signed with the Raiders - perhaps a signal to Moreau they have moved on?

Hope this doesn't drag out come be a Bengals!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote