Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals
I would start rebuild mode:

1) Fire Marv and hire Vance Joseph and let Joseph fill out vacant coaching positions.
Marv cannot motivate or control his players and cannot coach under pressure.

2) Fire PA, Hayes, Zamp, Haslett, Coyle and Chip Morton
Oline is a mess, LBs are a mess, TEs don't develop, Secondary doesn't communicate, both lines routinely get pushed around.

3) Trade Dalton. He will have value for a team that is a QB away from contending and if I'm going full rebuild mode, I'm looking for a more consistent QB that doesn't wilt under the bright lights.

4) Cut Pacman, MJ, Bodine, Rey M., Peko and Nugent. Let Dre, Z and Whit walk. I'd like to retain Whit as the Oline coach.

5) Re-sign Mccarron or draft a QB in the Top 5 like Watson, Turbisky or Kizer. If McC retained, I'd look to take an elite DE like Garrett, Allen or Barnett.
Reply/Quote
To all who said the Bengals should franchise tag Kirkpatrick...the tag for a CB was just a shade below $14 million this past season. The Bengals won't do that.

Kirkpatrick is worth maybe $7-8 million a year on the open market.
Reply/Quote
1. Demand full control
2. Fire Marvin
3. Fire Paulie
4. Fire Zamp/ Hell all position coaches
5. Change Uniforms to the black and white version
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 12:04 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: 1. Pluck Michigans d line coach.
2. Pluck whoever the hell was the architect behind Dallas' o line.
3. Give McDaniels another go or Matt Patricia his first go.
4. Declare war on Pittsburgh and retract naming rights from Heinz for the "Heinz Red Zone"
5. Fire anyone who has been with the organization for 8 years or more. You're cut off.

Frank Pollack has been coaching the Dallas d-line for the last two years.
Reply/Quote
1. New strength and conditioning staff. We will be doing the Chip Kelly nutrition shakes and the Steeler steroids.

2. Hire Kyle Shanahan as head coach. Mike Shanahan can be the OC, new OL and RB coaches brought in. Guenther stays as DC all the assistants are replaced.

3. Get Whit, Zeitler, and Kirk new contracts.

4. Take a shot on a couple free agents. Dontari Poe and Sheard would bolster our depth on the DL and allow us to transition away from Peko, Sims, Gilberry and Hunt.

5. Draft a pass rushing DE, OLx2, WR, LBx2, RBx2, K, and CB
Reply/Quote
Is this you Mikey?
Reply/Quote
1. As had already been stated this is a family business so my top priority is to establish a good relationship with the Browns/Blackburns. I'll need their support to make any moves.

2. Fire Marvin. I'd throw however much money it takes to get Zimmer back. In reality he is cozy up there so if I had to pick a few people I'd maybe aim for a McDaniels if possible. But I am also upset we lost Vance Joseph. I really wanted him to succeed Marv when the time came. So my choice would be a first time HC who has had a successful run as a coordinator, preferably offensive. HC would choose his staff but I would have full veto rights over any choice. Also, I would give the new HC a minimum of 3 seasons to prove himself.

3. If there is one thing that a player likes about playing for Cincinnati is that you are unlikely to be released from your contract early. This is a reputation that is good and could help us sign top FA's. I would truly want to keep this reputation in tact so I wouldn't necessarily want to start cutting players but I would be selective about who is re-signed to the team. Maintaining this reputation, this loyalty, would be an important part of my tenure as GM.

4. I would get together with Duke Tobin, who is in my opinion the most valuable member of the entire organization, and start talking personnel and focusing on building a team with chemistry. I think we have too many distractions in the locker room. We did really good bouncing back after the TO-Ocho show. Our team needs a new direction and more players like Andy and AJ who are role models. I love Pacman and Burfict, but they really need to get their heads out of their rears and play as a team. A new philosophy is what this team needs... and some damn discipline.

5. I would hire a person to run a few accounts on here. To be an active member of the board and comment things to talk up the team and sell tickets! Also to report back to me what you are all whining about so I could address it and in turn, sell more tickets and merch. Afterall, money is success. But really, I would actually take an interest in what the fans are thinking because at the end of the day we rely on them to support the team and spend the money that keeps the team afloat.
Reply/Quote
1.) Offer Marvin a face-saving move from HC position. He can become the "Head of Football Operations" or something like that. He has done too much to be fired, but not enough to keep the job.

2.) Replace Marvin with Josh McDaniels. Let McDaniels bring in his own assistants if desired.

3.) Address issues in the draft at the right time. My priority list would be a DL in the 1st and then OL (preferably C) and LB in the 2nd and 3rd.

4.) Re-sign Dre, Zeitler, Whit, and Peerman.

5.) Address remaining holes through FA signings with guys who can both lead and still play. Sign Anquan Boldin, Robert Mathis, Qunitin Demps, and anyone who can kick.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 11:30 PM)jason Wrote: Since you have to own the Bengals to be the GM, I will take some liberties...

1. Retain Marvin Lewis

2. Throw the fans a bone, and announce stadium renovation with a ring of honor.

3. Induct Marvin Lewis into the ring of honor... Solo.

(11-30-2016, 11:32 PM)jason Wrote: Whoops...

4. Build a practice bubble... My dime.

5. Cut or trade players at the whim of the fan base... Weekly.

Literally my favorite post(s) of all time... #5 made me spit out some beer onto my laptop. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 06:21 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: If you were the General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals what would be the Top 5 Things you would do right out of the gate?

Specifics Not just fire Marv, but if you fire him who would you replace him with etc...

I don't know what order I'd do these in, but here's some things I'd like to do.

1. Fire Paul Alexander. I would keep Marvin with this team, but with the clear statement that it's going to win a SB.

2. Make improving the OL priority 1. New RT, new C and new young LT to learn from Whit. Og moves to the back of the line and has to earn every second of playing time. Decided what to do with Zeitler. Probably want to re-sign him. The OL is why we are having a losing season, so I'd be looking to make our weak spots become our strengths on the OL. Imagine if our C was as good as Whit or better.

3. Dig into the defense and work out what has been happening that it suddenly looks so out of sync. Draft RDE. Draft an athletic, fast LB who has a high football IQ to replace Dansby. Draft a new MLB with a high football IQ to replace Ray.

4. Keep LaFell and Dre.

5. Trade McCarron for best possible deal outside the division.

6. Look for a Wilson or Dak type prospect at QB in the draft to become new backup QB.

7. Figure why our game planning just sucks and fix it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
1. Pay myself a million dollars.

2. Do two chicks at the same time.
Reply/Quote