Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found this and couldn't stop laughing ....
From the fan post section of this steeler site.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015/10/29/9639696/dear-reggie-nelson

Titled: Dear Reggie Nelson

Quote:I write this to you in the hopes that you will do your best to avoid injuring the Steelers players. I know it sounds crazy and what happened to Carson Palmer when he was with Cincy was tragic (I know you weren't a Bengal yet), yet not intentional. Which brings me to what I wanted to talk about, I know you're not a dirty player and you don't try to intentionally hurt people but over the past 3 years or so, you seem to have found a way to injure two key offensive weapons for the Steelers.

Heath Miller was having all pro season in 2012, Ben was targeting him often, especially in the Red-Zone, but on one fatal Sunday at Heinz Field, with the AFC North on the line, you seemed to have hit him at his knee and the unfortunate thing is he wound up tearing his ACL that game, and he was never the same after that hit. Fast forward to December 2014, another Sunday at Heinz Field, with the AFC North again on the line, Le'veon Bell was having a great season, show casing his receiving and his running ability (let's not forget his blocking either), anyway I saw Bell running a route over the middle (danger) and I saw you, you did not hesitate and you went straight in for the tackle, low, the way the NFL wants it. In term though Bell's knee wound up being injured (by the way thank you for keeping is knee ligaments intact) and he wouldn't play in the wild card game against the Ravens and we all know how that went.

Anyway my point is Mr. Nelson, is that we're both fighting for the same goal, to win the AFC North and win the Superbowl. Those aspirations can happen for either team, they're realistic (and for gods sake let's not see another New England Superbowl, BLEH!) and they can be accomplished if none of our respective team's star power get's hurt. Wouldn't that be great, no injuries, just a hard fought battle to the end with nobody being seriously hurt. No if's and's or but's, no question on which team wins, no blaming injuries for ruining each others seasons. That would be great for a change for both of our respective teams that seem to have encountered all these injuries in our big time matchups.

I know it's unrealistic but I thought I might as well give it a shot, since we both seem to have suffered setbacks after the games our teams have matched up against each other. Anyway, good luck to your team, hope we get an injury free game this Sunday and hopefully the next time our teams play again.

-Sincerely Steelers Nation

P.S I know injuries are part of the game, they are what they are, whatever happens, happens, this was merely written out of boredom
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: From the fan post section of this steeler site.  

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015/10/29/9639696/dear-reggie-nelson

Titled: Dear Reggie Nelson

That is hilarious!
Reply/Quote
How rich is that? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I guess they forgot all about Keith Rivers and Kevin Huber and their broken jaws.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:25 PM)McC Wrote: How rich is that? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Pretty funny. Read the comments. Actually a pretty intelligent response by a Steelers fan. I'm sure everyone knows a ton of Steeler fans. 10% are actual fans that understand this Bengals team is very talented and dangerous. The other 90% just talk about 6 rings and the Bengals arrest records.

I talked to one the other day. He saw my Bengals apparel and started talking trash about how bad the Steelers would beat the Bengals and all the criminals on the team. I asked him if he knew the Bengals hadn't had any problems for a few years and that 2 Steelers had already served suspensions this year for the hippy lettuce. The guy didn't know what to say. Just rattled off some stuff about Ben being back. These fans fuel my hatred of the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
I am surprised that came from a Stealers fan honestly.
Reply/Quote
Violin

Yer goin' down, Melonhead. That knee's gonna swing like a Count Basie rag. Number 97 will use your fibula for a toothpick.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I guess they forgot all about Keith Rivers and Kevin Huber and their broken jaws.

Hard to forget either of these, much less forgive. Having said that, my first choice is for an injury-free game along with a massive pounding of the Steelers by our guys. I'll take our best soundly beating their best all day long.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I want to know why the Steelers have such strong ligaments.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 04:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I want to know why the Steelers have such strong ligaments.

Ditto. I've never wished an injury on someone but i'm not going to lie, it's annoying to see them get hit the same way other players get hit (see:Bengals) and just get sprains when other players get something torn and miss extended periods of time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dear Steeler Nation,
Karma is a b-i-t-c-h
-Reggie
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 04:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ditto. I've never wished an injury on someone but i'm not going to lie, it's annoying to see them get hit the same way other players get hit (see:Bengals) and just get sprains when other players get something torn and miss extended periods of time.

We just have to hit them more & let law of averages catch up.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Cheap shots are mainly the reasons the Steelers are hated. A clean game has never been taught or coached by the organization. The refs have seemingly kept up their Steeler pride by looking the other way most of the time. 1 game of the bullshit would be coincidence. However 50yrs of that bullshit kind of play deserves severe punishment. Drop a damn bomb on that stupid field and turn the lights out for good. Damn communists!

Reply/Quote
I love when the Steeler's fans complain about penalties! Lol, Oh my lord do they ever get "favorable" calls. You just watch tomorrow and I guarantee if we have a substantial special teams return there will be a phantom block in the back that does not show up on replay. Im calling it now!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 06:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Drop a damn bomb on that stupid field and turn the lights out for good.

What I find works well for this, when I'm furious with the Steelers for either their inexplicable luck or constant skulduggery on the field, is to just watch that scene in Dark Knight Rises where Bane takes out Heinz Field. If you stop it before Hines Ward crosses the goalline, you can even pretend he gets swallowed up as well. Cheers me up every time!
Reply/Quote
I can't believe a steelers fan actually wrote that. Sorry SOB's
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:58 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I can't believe a steelers fan actually wrote that. Sorry SOB's

Back in the 80's the steelers fans were all weak like that.....   It's this new generation that have forgotten those "lost" years.

Nobody wore their kit In school.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I guess they forgot all about Keith Rivers and Kevin Huber and their broken jaws.

Or AJ Green's head last season.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather see New England win the next 5 Superbowls then to see Pitt win another.
Reply/Quote
did anyone else notice that Reggie nelson was in on the tackle that knocked Bell out
Reply/Quote