Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Four consecutive years
(10-15-2017, 05:03 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Lol.  You’re way baffled on this one. Were talking about getting production from 1st round picks.   This is well above your pay grade, son

Stay in the kids pool

Who the **** cares what round a guy comes from if he plays well? I'd say it's more impressive to hit on the later rounds. Anyway, your entire thread is stupid because AJ Green is better than any first round pick your punk ass Steelers have on their squad. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 05:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Typical Steeler bashing. They've won 6 Super Bowls. We've won 5 playoff games in our entire franchise history.

Go root for them then. 

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 05:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Go root for them then. 

Having trouble admitting that some teams invest more resources into winning than the Bengals?

With less cap space than the Bengals, they:

-Extended Brown
-Extended DeCastro
-Extended Tuitt
-Extended Villaneuva
-Franchise Tagged Leveon Bell
-Signed Joe Haden

The Bengals
-Let Whitworth Walk
-Extended Burfict
-Offerred Zeitler a $5.5 million contract after DeCastro signed a $10 million deal according to Lapham and let him walk.

Which team allocated it's resources better?
Reply/Quote
I actually agree somewhat with some of the points being made, but we need to tone down the name calling.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
attack the post....
not the person
Reply/Quote
Lol the funny thing is if Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi were playing just good not even great all of us would probably being discussing a completely different football team right now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 05:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who the **** cares what round a guy comes from if he plays well? I'd say it's more impressive to hit on the later rounds. Anyway, your entire thread is stupid because AJ Green is better than any first round pick your punk ass Steelers have on their squad. 

Meh, you state that you don't care about a player's draft position and then point out that our 4th overall pick WR is better than any of the Steelers' 1st round picks.  The Steelers haven't picked higher than 7th since they took Bradshaw with the 1st overall pick in 1969.  I'm just saying!

(10-15-2017, 05:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I actually agree somewhat with some of the points being made, but we need to tone down the name calling.

You'd like that wouldn't you, Mr. Poopypants! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 10:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You'd like that wouldn't you, Mr. Poopypants! Ninja

[Image: giphy.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I'm not too hip on pop culture references, but I haven't the foggiest notion as to what the hell this guy and his twin tossing a hammer back and forth means.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not too hip on pop culture references, but I haven't the foggiest notion as to what the hell this guy and his twin tossing a hammer back and forth means.

[Image: qym82.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 10:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, you state that you don't care about a player's draft position and then point out that our 4th overall pick WR is better than any of the Steelers' 1st round picks.  The Steelers haven't picked higher than 7th since they took Bradshaw with the 1st overall pick in 1969.  I'm just saying!

You'd like that wouldn't you, Mr. Poopypants! Ninja

Yeah...fans zoom in on whatever fits their argument. Carl Lawson is better than any 1st Round pick the Steelers recently made!!!

Meanwhile...the Steelers have won 6 Super Bowls and 36 playoff games.

The Steelers have played in 16 Conference Championship Games. 16!!!

The Bengals have won 0 Super Bowls and 5 playoff games in their franchise history.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...fans zoom in on whatever fits their argument. Carl Lawson is better than any 1st Round pick the Steelers recently made!!!

Meanwhile...the Steelers have won 6 Super Bowls and 36 playoff games.

The Steelers have played in 16 Conference Championship Games. 16!!!

The Bengals have won 0 Super Bowls and 5 playoff games in their franchise history.

Lawson is damn good though.....which is a good thing, he doesn't need coaching up Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Lawson is damn good though.....which is a good thing, he doesn't need coaching up Ninja

He is. I agree.

There in lies the rub...our rookies likely don't get coached up much.

Maybe guys like Kirkpatrick and Dennard are examples of guys getting coached up...but I'd argue that they should have been usable earlier in their careers if they were coached properly.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He is. I agree.

Maybe guys like Kirkpatrick and Dennard are examples of guys getting coached up...but I'd argue that they should have been usable earlier in their careers if they were coached properly.

I agree 100%, it's frustrating.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 05:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who the **** cares what round a guy comes from if he plays well? I'd say it's more impressive to hit on the later rounds. Anyway, your entire thread is stupid because AJ Green is better than any first round pick your punk ass Steelers have on their squad. 

I agree that it's more impressive to hit on the later rounds, but on the flip side it's more embarrassing to miss on the earlier rounds. The earlier the round, the more players you have to pick from, so you better not whiff.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree that it's more impressive to hit on the later rounds, but on the flip side it's more embarrassing to miss on the earlier rounds. The earlier the round, the more players you have to pick from, so you better not whiff.

Hitting on guys in the late rounds is more luck. Hitting on guys in the early rounds is more skill.

No team thinks that guy they drafted in the 4th Round will be a star...especially when they weren't a star in college.

Now with a 1st Round pick...it should be fairly known what you are getting.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He is. I agree.

A first rounder shouldn't need as much coaching as a fourth rounder (in theory).
Lawson fell to the fourth because he struggled against the run, was a bit of a tweener (especially for a 4-3), and had an injury history. If there was one thing that he didn't really need coached, it was rushing the passer from the edge.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A first rounder shouldn't need as much coaching as a fourth rounder (in theory).
Lawson fell to the fourth because he struggled against the run, was a bit of a tweener (especially for a 4-3), and had an injury history. If there was one thing that he didn't really need coached, it was rushing the passer from the edge.

Agreed. And I'm fine with him being a 1-dimensional pass rusher.

He did have a major knee injury and a hip injury. Hopefully he can stay healthy here.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hitting on guys in the late rounds is more luck. Hitting on guys in the early rounds is more skill.

No team thinks that guy they drafted in the 4th Round will be a star...especially when they weren't a star in college.

Now with a 1st Round pick...it should be fairly known what you are getting.

I agree. And if the Bengals miss on a fifth rounder or later, whatever. It's the whiffs in the first four rounds that get me irritated. The players in the earlier rounds should:
1) Make the 53 with no issues
2) Get at least some snaps on offense/defense within 2-3 years and not be abysmal in those snaps
3) Become at least a serviceable starter by the end of their rookie deals (assuming a spot opens for them to do so).
4) The earlier the round, the sooner they should be able to come in and play at least serviceable (1st round = rookie, 2nd round = year 2, 3rd round = year 3, 4th round = contract year)

Maybe that's an unrealistic expectation of mine, but that's what I believe.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree. And if the Bengals miss on a fifth rounder or later, whatever. It's the whiffs in the first four rounds that get me irritated. The players in the earlier rounds should:
1) Make the 53 with no issues
2) Get at least some snaps on offense/defense within 2-3 years and not be abysmal in those snaps
3) Become at least a serviceable starter by the end of their rookie deals (assuming a spot opens for them to do so).
4) The earlier the round, the sooner they should be able to come in and play at least serviceable (1st round = rookie, 2nd round = year 2, 3rd round = year 3, 4th round = contract year)

Maybe that's an unrealistic expectation of mine, but that's what I believe.

And that's the expectation for most teams...let alone for a team that doesn't really use free agency to fill needs.

Some Bengals fans move the target after the arrow missed to try to justify things.

I guarantee you the Bengals thought Ross would be contributing by now.
Reply/Quote