Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Fox News Continues Dominance
(11-01-2023, 12:46 PM)pally Wrote: to be fair MSNBC is only marginally better from the far left.  As Fox and Trump grew crazily more popular they skewed more and more left with not as much success as Fox has had.  Granted Fox has been at partisan "reporting" and commentary far longer than MSNBC and does it with far less concern than MSNBC has had.  The polarization of the news audience, just like the electorate, and their desire to only hear their side is the biggest challenge for news organizations today.  CNN couldn't make up which direction to go so they still attempt, poorly, to staddle the middle ground.  That puts them far too liberal for the crowd that calls the Clinton News Network and far too pandering to MAGA for far too many on the left.  Any time any of the networks shows anything positive about the "other" side, the bases pounce with cries of sellout.

How do you know unless you watch a lot of Fox News? I believe it is a question you have asked me.

Sounds like sour grapes. Losers like to hate and trash the winner. It is the American way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
For the doubters
NEW YORK – October 31, 2023 – FOX News Channel (FNC) finished October 2023 as cable television's most-watched network across total day viewership and second in primetime behind only ESPN, according to Nielsen Media Research.1 day ago

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Fox News admitted they lied about the 2020 election and had to pay $Trillions. Trump's lawyers are now pleading guilty to lying and are now convicted felons. FOX's anchors have sworn under oath they didn't believe a word of any of Trump's election fraud claims, nor his attorneys.  Fox's lawyers argued in open court that, "No reasonable person with any common sense whatsoever would ever believe anything they say as it's for entertainment only." aka the Tabloid defense.

So tell us after knowing these facts, why would any reasonable person believe anything they say?  There is a reason why Roger Stone became wealthy by selling tabloids.  The National Enquirer, the Star, and other tabloids are just pure gossip.  They're are not to be taken seriously they rake in $Millions.  People love gossip but most know it's just pure BS.  I admit, I watch Fox every now and again when I need a good laugh, but no way do I believe a word they say.  Why??  WELL, b/c they put out a disclaimer telling me not to take them seriously, so I don't.

With your poll, I like to see the level of education of the average Fox viewer who takes anything of what they have to say seriously.  Do you have the stats on that?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How do you know unless you watch a lot of Fox News? I believe it is a question you have asked me.

Sounds like sour grapes. Losers like to hate and trash the winner. It is the American way.

Win viewers and destroy the country with disinformation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 12:46 PM)pally Wrote: to be fair MSNBC is only marginally better from the far left.  As Fox and Trump grew crazily more popular they skewed more and more left with not as much success as Fox has had.  Granted Fox has been at partisan "reporting" and commentary far longer than MSNBC and does it with far less concern than MSNBC has had.  The polarization of the news audience, just like the electorate, and their desire to only hear their side is the biggest challenge for news organizations today.  CNN couldn't make up which direction to go so they still attempt, poorly, to staddle the middle ground.  That puts them far too liberal for the crowd that calls the Clinton News Network and far too pandering to MAGA for far too many on the left.  Any time any of the networks shows anything positive about the "other" side, the bases pounce with cries of sellout.
(11-01-2023, 04:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: That definitely goes both ways though. Plenty of garbage propaganda comes from left wing news just like it does from the right.

Just my two cents here--I don't view MSNBC/CNN and Fox as left/right mirror images, with Fox being just a bit worse.
My ultimate test for news organizations is--what and how much does their audience know about the world around them that they need to know to be informed voters? 

Fox has actually groomed an audience of 50+million to accept an alternative reality*--the Russia investigation was a "hoax," Biden stole the election (so the present government is illegitimate), the FBI has been "weaponized" to go after Trump. Now it's non-stop IRAN IRAN IRAN in response to a complex ME conflict--so stop aiding Ukraine and aid Israel. There is no "garbage propaganda" with such effect on CNN/MSNBC. On Fox, there is no segment, no domestic/foreign policy problem, which does not place Biden front and center as "cause." Enough people buy this alternative reality to make it a real possibility that the worst president in history, who attempted a coup, could be re-elected and put in charge of foreign policy, as well as use the DOJ to go after enemies.  A Trump re-election, given the likely ramifications, is still the most serious threat to the nation right now. 

There is some bombast and excess on CNN/MSNBC, but 1) that's to be expected with commentary, and 2) they are still actual news organizations. I think Rachel Maddow (now on only once a week) had some of the best coverage of Trump's coup attempt. Fareed Zakaria's CNN show on foreign policy is also rather good, I think, especially his coverage of China and US relations. His knowledgeable guests frequently go through an entire segment without a mention of Biden or Trump. In the last week both networks have included balanced segments of credible Israeli and Palestinian guests to give readers some sense of the actual causes of the current war and its impact on civilians. I've seen nothing like that on Fox.

I watch "both sides" for the same reasons that pollsters sample a broad range of demographic categories to get an accurate sense of what Americans think, and I don't think both sides are just confirming their own biases. CNN/MSNBC do try to provide a wider range of views on their shows because that is what their audience wants. E.g., I just saw an interview with Ben Carson on CNN last night, in which he was very slowly repeating Trump's claim that the US was becoming a "banana republic" because it was prosecuting a former president (attempted coups, apparently, don't make us look like a banana republic). Weird seeing that injection of alternative reality into more mainstream news. I don't see such inclusions given serious air time on Fox.

*I should add that Newsmax and OANN are worse than Fox in all these respects.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sounds like sour grapes. Losers like to hate and trash the winner. It is the American way.

Agreed. Probably not for the same reason you're thinking, but agreed. 

People hate and trash Fox for winning the ratings war by hating and trashing the winner of the 2020 election. Life is a big ol whiney circle. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For the doubters
NEW YORK – October 31, 2023 – FOX News Channel (FNC) finished October 2023 as cable television's most-watched network across total day viewership and second in primetime behind only ESPN, according to Nielsen Media Research.1 day ago

Lemme axed you a question. Do you actually give a shit about our national security and the lives of anyone other than the fortunes of the Murdoch clan? Apparently the only thing you really care about are the Nielsen ratings when it comes to old man Murdoch.. You almost make me wish I was back in telemarketing selling rip off  plans to utter fools. I'd be calling your number every day.. Rush your paycheck to imagoddamnedmoron.com before it's too late. 
Reply/Quote
This is the Republican version of Democracy.

''If my choice of ''News'' network outranks yours, then mine is the truth.''

And the main reason The Five has such high rankings is because many Democrats and Independents tune in to watch Jessica Tarlov wipe the floor with the idiots that sit next to her.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Most trusted cable news source by a landside..........again.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-channel-beats-cnn-msnbc-combined-primetime-viewers-during-november

Fox News Channel beats CNN and MSNBC combined in primetime viewers during November
'The Five' maintains its status as the most-watched show in all of cable news

Fox News scored the six most-watched shows in all of cable news. Joining "The Five" are "Jesse Watters Primetime," "Hannity," "Special Report w/ Bret Baier" reaching 2.17 million viewers in the 6 p.m. ET timeslot, "The Ingraham Angle" reaching 2.14 million viewers in the 7 p.m. ET timeslot and "Gutfeld!"

It's not just evenings that Fox News dominates. In the mornings, "FOX & Friends" finished November reaching 1.14 million total viewers and 142,000 in the key advertiser demo. Compare that to "CNN This Morning," which averaged just 366,000 total viewers an a measly 72,000 in the demo.

Reply/Quote
Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

What were their ratings when they told you the truth for once?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/04/us/politics/panic-fox-news-2020-election.html

Quote:A little more than a week after television networks called the 2020 presidential election for Joseph R. Biden Jr., top executives and anchors at Fox News held an after-action meeting to figure out how they had messed up.

Not because they had gotten the key call wrong — but because they had gotten it right. And they had gotten it right before anyone else.

Typically, it is a point of pride for a news network to be the first to project election winners. But Fox is no typical news network, and in the days following the 2020 vote, it was besieged with angry protests not only from President Donald J. Trump’s camp but from its own viewers because it had called the battleground state of Arizona for Mr. Biden. Never mind that the call was correct; Fox executives worried that they would lose viewers to hard-right competitors like Newsmax.

And so, on Monday, Nov. 16, 2020, Suzanne Scott, the chief executive of Fox News Media, and Jay Wallace, the network’s president, convened a Zoom meeting for an extraordinary discussion with an unusual goal, according to a recording of the call reviewed by The New York Times: How to keep from angering the network’s conservative audience again by calling an election for a Democrat before the competition.
They had to have a meeting because their audience is terrified of the truth.
Quote:While Mr. Biden held onto Arizona by 10,000 votes, the explosive fallout from the Fox call panicked the network. Viewers erupted. Ratings fell. “I’ve never seen a reaction like this, to any media company,” Tucker Carlson told Ms. Scott in a Nov. 9 message released in a court filing. Ms. Scott complained to a colleague that Mr. Sammon did not understand “the impact to the brand and the arrogance in calling AZ” and it was his job “to protect the brand.”
Only a modern day Conservative can view being told the truth as being arrogant.
Quote:Mr. Sammon stood by the call. “If I may defend the Decision Desk for a moment, they got all 50 states right,” he said. “We called Arizona. It was a good call. It held up.”

Ms. Scott pressed Mr. Sammon to admit that Arizona “became much closer than even you anticipated it becoming.”

He pushed back. “From a statistical standpoint,” he said, “I literally never worried about the Arizona call. From a lot of other standpoints it was very painful for reasons that we’re all aware of. But statistically, I really was very confident in that call. That’s just the truth.”

Ms. Scott agreed it was important to be right. “But I think we’re living in a new world in a sense, where half of the voting population doesn’t believe in big corporations, big tech, big media,” she said. “There’s a lack of trust. And when they feel like things are being done behind closed doors in rooms that they can’t understand, it exacerbates the emotion and how they feel about the process.”
That's pretty rich coming from the "Fv#k Your Feelings" crowd. They're trying to protect you from reality and you are 100% proving their business model to be as accurate as their Arizona call.
Quote:What no one said at the meeting was that Ms. Scott would not let Mr. Sammon’s team risk the network’s brand again. She decided to push out Mr. Sammon and Mr. Stirewalt, but fearing criticism for firing journalists who had gotten the call right, opted to wait until after Georgia.

Mr. Murdoch was not keen on waiting. On Nov. 20, four days after the Zoom meeting, according to documents filed by Dominion, he told Ms. Scott, “Maybe best to let Bill go right away,” which would “be a big message with Trump people.”

Mr. Sammon, who had called every election correctly over 12 years at Fox and had just been offered a new three-year contract, was told that same day that his contract would not be renewed after all. He heard not from Fox but from his lawyer, Robert Barnett. Mr. Stirewalt was out too.

Fox would, in the end, wait until after Georgia to announce the purge, without attributing it to the Arizona call. Mr. Sammon, who negotiated a severance package, would call his departure a “retirement,” while Stirewalt’s dismissal was characterized as a “restructuring.”

Three weeks later, Fox announced a new multiyear contract extension for Ms. Scott.
Like Rupert Murdoch said in his Dominion testimony "It's not about Red or Blue . . .  It's about green."
If feeding you bullshit on a consistent basis keeps making him richer . . . why would he do it any differently? Not only are you saying "Give me more" . . . you're here bragging about it!!  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Luvnit, do you ever question what you hear on Fox? Do you ever say, “is there more to that story?” Do you ever think that something they’ve told you doesn’t ring true or simply sounds strange? Do you ever wonder why they spend more time telling you what to think than providing you with actual facts so you can decided for yourself? Do you ever think the portrait they paint of MAGA conservatives=all good while blue liberals=all bad?

Is the lens you look at the world through so distorted that you can only see the world through their eyes?

Blind obedience isn’t trust it is brainwashing. Viewership numbers also doesn’t equal truthfulness. But I do get that for you Fox News provides something that is missing from your life. Therefore for you that equals trustworthiness. I just feel bad that the anger and hate that they stoke in you is such a leading focus if your life.

Reply/Quote
Fox News is a free will thievery.

Onion level again : Dude about to vote for the devil is worried about other people's judgement day.

This is priceless. Thank you.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Fox News has been running a virtual monopoly on mainstream right wing news for the last 20 years, so it makes sense that they'd have the best ratings.

If you want a right wing slant on the news (or, alternatively, if you want to be lied to in a right wing way), Fox News is where you go. There are smaller outlets, like OAN, Breitbart, and Newsmax, but they're very niche and struggle to grab a significant market share with Fox News already filling that niche of "insane right wing conspiracies delivered as if they were news."

The left, on the other hand, does not really have any news outlet in America. At least not a daily news broadcast akin to Fox News or even OAN and Newsmax. The closest the left has is like Vox and Jacobin, but most leftwing people need to go to Youtube if they want any kind of daily left wing coverage of the news.

Then there's the center/center left groups like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, NPR, Politico, NYT, CBS, BBC, WP and AP, which effectively split the centrist/left leaning viewers' market share down to slivers.

In short, until a legitimate right wing news source grows big enough to take away some market share from Fox, they will continue to be the most popular mainstream news source because they have no competition for their viewership.
Reply/Quote
CONSERVATIVES: Fox News has great ratings and makes buttloads of money because they are right and that makes them the best.

ALSO CONSERVATIVES: Elon Musk and Xitter are losing buttloads of advertisers and buttloads of money because he's right and that makes him the best.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 11:06 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fox News has been running a virtual monopoly on mainstream right wing news for the last 20 years, so it makes sense that they'd have the best ratings.

If you want a right wing slant on the news (or, alternatively, if you want to be lied to in a right wing way), Fox News is where you go. There are smaller outlets, like OAN, Breitbart, and Newsmax, but they're very niche and struggle to grab a significant market share with Fox News already filling that niche of "insane right wing conspiracies delivered as if they were news."

The left, on the other hand, does not really have any news outlet in America. At least not a daily news broadcast akin to Fox News or even OAN and Newsmax. The closest the left has is like Vox and Jacobin, but most leftwing people need to go to Youtube if they want any kind of daily left wing coverage of the news.

Then there's the center/center left groups like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, NPR, Politico, NYT, CBS, BBC, WP and AP, which effectively split the centrist/left leaning viewers' market share down to slivers.

In short, until a legitimate right wing news source grows big enough to take away some market share from Fox, they will continue to be the most popular mainstream news source because they have no competition for their viewership.

I guess I am confused. Fox has been around a long time, same for CNN and MSBNC and others. Fox has taken viewers from CNN and MSNBC and now dominates them. In 2000, I believe CNN dominated cable news and Fox was a distant 3rd or 4th. Fox started dominated around 2015, prior to that they were not the top cable news organization.

So, not sure your analogy holds water, they have always been a conservative cable news outlet, just as CNN and MSNBC have been liberal news outlets.

Like it r not, Fox is seen by more people than CNN and MSNBC combined. You and others suggest people are stupid and have no exposure to other news sources, far from the truth in. my case. In fact, Fox itself shows news clips all the time from CNN, MSNBC and late night comedians who have shown to be 100% liberal. We see it, we just see their news for what it is, not faith based and filled with hate. It was and still is dominated by Trump hate and propaganda to hurt Trump and his supporters. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I am confused. Fox has been around a long time, same for CNN and MSBNC and others. Fox has taken viewers from CNN and MSNBC and now dominates them. In 2000, I believe CNN dominated cable news and Fox was a distant 3rd or 4th. Fox started dominated around 2015, prior to that they were not the top cable news organization.

So, not sure your analogy holds water, they have always been a conservative cable news outlet, just as CNN and MSNBC have been liberal news outlets.

Like it r not, Fox is seen by more people than CNN and MSNBC combined. You and others suggest people are stupid and have no exposure to other news sources, far from the truth in. my case. In fact, Fox itself shows news clips all the time from CNN, MSNBC and late night comedians who have shown to be 100% liberal. We see it, we just see their news for what it is, not faith based and filled with hate. It was and still is dominated by Trump hate and propaganda to hurt Trump and his supporters. 

All very carefully edited and placed out of context to convey something not actually said in the original. And Fox viewers never do the research to look for the original which Fox counts on

2015 is when Fox gave up any semblance of a real news-gathering organization and jumped head-first into MAGA world. Rupert Murdoch has an agenda in which Trump played a vital role. Trump drove his cult to Fox and in return, Fox declared Trump the second coming and became the propaganda arm of the Trump administration, not a legitimate news organization putting out facts for their viewers.

Getting your news from only one source that reflects only your personal political beliefs is indicative of a lack of intellectual curiosity or fear of having your beliefs challenged.  Everyone should be using a variety of sources including televised, radio, and written from all political viewpoints

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I am confused. Fox has been around a long time, same for CNN and MSBNC and others. Fox has taken viewers from CNN and MSNBC and now dominates them. In 2000, I believe CNN dominated cable news and Fox was a distant 3rd or 4th. Fox started dominated around 2015, prior to that they were not the top cable news organization.

What is confusing to you? The concept of market share?

Let's say this country is made up of 50% conservatives and 50% liberals (it isn't, but let's just simplify the equation). If conservatives only have 1 major news outlet, Fox News, but Liberals have 5 or 6 major news outlets, it is not surprising that Fox has more viewers than each individual liberal news network.

For this particular month of November 2023, Fox had more viewers than MSNBC and CNN combined, but in October 2023, MSNBC and CNN combined for more viewers than Fox, per the article in the original post of this thread. And that's not accounting for the vast majority of other liberal networks that I mentioned previously in my post. If you added up NBC news, CBS news, ABC news (all news networks that have been labeled "liberal" relative to Fox News), NPR, CNN, and MSNBC for November, it likely exceeds Fox News' viewer count. Or, at the very least, equals it.

I did not suggest people are stupid and have no exposure to other news sources. I am speaking strictly along ideological lines and how one side has to split their market share while the other does not.
Reply/Quote
is this the type of compelling news that keeps people hooked on Fox?

I guess The Donald purses his lips in some "manly" fashion. He needs to be careful though bad straw usage can smudge your makeup

Reply/Quote
Imagine if he needed both hands to drink a glass of water.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Nothing more depressing than Fox bragging about how many people they have brain washed and addicted to their perpetual outrage machine that keeps cranking out fake news making their viewers hate and fear their fellow Americans and constantly feel like victims.

Truly is sad to see.
Reply/Quote