Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Fox News Continues Dominance
They know who they are talking to. 

These viewer profiles tend to love their enemies being mocked and humiliated. Whatever it's truth or not. 

That's the key here and that's also what they fear the most : Humiliation. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 12:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What is confusing to you? The concept of market share?

Let's say this country is made up of 50% conservatives and 50% liberals (it isn't, but let's just simplify the equation). If conservatives only have 1 major news outlet, Fox News, but Liberals have 5 or 6 major news outlets, it is not surprising that Fox has more viewers than each individual liberal news network.

For this particular month of November 2023, Fox had more viewers than MSNBC and CNN combined, but in October 2023, MSNBC and CNN combined for more viewers than Fox, per the article in the original post of this thread. And that's not accounting for the vast majority of other liberal networks that I mentioned previously in my post. If you added up NBC news, CBS news, ABC news (all news networks that have been labeled "liberal" relative to Fox News), NPR, CNN, and MSNBC for November, it likely exceeds Fox News' viewer count. Or, at the very least, equals it.

I did not suggest people are stupid and have no exposure to other news sources. I am speaking strictly along ideological lines and how one side has to split their market share while the other does not.

The other component to this is that the use of cable news channels has declined steadily since 2015 due to the trend in cord cutting. The people more likely to be Fox New viewers are the ones still watching cable news. Also, Fox has had the highest ratings of the "big three" since 2002. It's not a new thing. CNN was the only one around until 1996, and then because the market share split with MSNBC and Fox News both starting at that point it reduced their ratings at that time.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Just visited the Fox News website comments section for the first time in awhile. Sheesh

You want to talk about an echo chamber full of “victims”, my goodness. So much whining and crying and circle jerking.

And to think this was the group calling people snowflakes because they didn’t like the idea of a reality tv-show host, serial sexual assaulter, conman, bankruptcy king running the government.

It’s like a horror story where mindless zombies controlled by an evil corporation are let loose to wreak havoc on America.
Reply/Quote
Thread title alone was enough to make me a bit sad about the future.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 06:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The other component to this is that the use of cable news channels has declined steadily since 2015 due to the trend in cord cutting. The people more likely to be Fox New viewers are the ones still watching cable news. Also, Fox has had the highest ratings of the "big three" since 2002. It's not a new thing. CNN was the only one around until 1996, and then because the market share split with MSNBC and Fox News both starting at that point it reduced their ratings at that time.

It's honestly the same thing with polls. If a poll is conducted by phone, that automatically biases the selection base to an older (and typically more conservative) pool of people. If it is conducted by email, that may be more representative of the full population, but I don't know what percentage of polls are done via phone vs email nowadays.

The problem is that argument for both TV numbers and poll numbers can easily be brushed aside as cope by conservatives who are trying to convince themselves the country is on the Republicans' side. I'd rather just meet the person on their level and make the same assumptions they're making, however erroneous, so that when I disprove their point, they can't fall back on easy "get out jail free" responses like "cope."

In this case, I ran with Luvnit's assumption that TV viewership is representative of the voting base and challenged his viewpoint through that narrow lens.
Reply/Quote
Anyone has a feedback about that debate between Little Benito and Gavin Newsom ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 10:19 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Anyone has a feedback about that debate between Little Benito and Gavin Newsom ?

I think I can sum things up:

CONSERVATIVES - California is a hellhole, Newsom is a liar, DeSantis cleaned his clock, gee I wish our party weren't hooked on shoving an old weirdo into the 2024 election.

LIBERALS - Florida is a hellhole, DeSantis is a liar, Newsom cleaned his clock, gee I wish our party weren't hooked on shoving an old weirdo into the 2024 election.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 10:19 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Anyone has a feedback about that debate between Little Benito and Gavin Newsom ?

DeSantis looked perpetually constipated.  And did not gain any new voters last night

And Newsome summed it up at the beginning

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wtf is this? Been at the top of the fake news machine page all day for me.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/notorious-mobster-stunned-latest-hunter-biden-allegations-mind-blowing

I guess just validation of the snow flake culture? Oh look at this even tough guy former mob hitman is outraged at Hunter. So you should be too.

Nothing like the conservative Christian #1 network helping you calibrate your moral compass by talking to a mob hit man.

Just when I thought I couldn’t despise Fox any more. They find a way to pump more shit into our society.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 11:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wtf is this? Been at the top of the fake news machine page all day for me.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/notorious-mobster-stunned-latest-hunter-biden-allegations-mind-blowing

I guess just validation of the snow flake culture? Oh look at this even tough guy former mob hitman is outraged at Hunter. So you should be too.

Nothing like the conservative Christian #1 network helping you calibrate your moral compass by talking to a mob hit man.

Just when I thought I couldn’t despise Fox any more. They find a way to pump more shit into our society.

Same energy?
[Image: richardspencer_071619_cnn.jpg?w=1280]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 12:08 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Same energy?

And CNN was rightfully condemned back in Jul of 2019 for having him on.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 12:22 AM)pally Wrote: And CNN was rightfully condemned back in Jul of 2019 for having him on.

Oh, cool. Did someone write a strongly worded letter or something?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 12:08 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Same energy?

Yea pretty much. Two “conservatives” who are scumbags and have no business getting headlines from major “news” organizations.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:46 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea pretty much. Two “conservatives” who are scumbags and have no business getting headlines from major “news” organizations.

Couldn’t agree more.
Reply/Quote
Don't mock kids that believe in Santa while adults still believe in Fox News
Reply/Quote
NATI BENGALSWtf is this? Been at the top of the fake news machine page all day for me.

I can tell from Watters' tone--Whatever Joe and Hunter are doing, it HAS to be FAR WORSE than whatever Gotti and Gravano did.
People forget that the mob PROTECTED the public.

This is so terrible, and Congress is allowing lack of evidence to block impeachment proceedings. The mob never let that stand in the way.

Watters added that the bank investigator finished his report by saying activity on the account appears "unusual and with no current business purpose and may require reevaluation of the bank's relationship with the customer," which the host said is "bank lingo for ‘the Chinese are bribing the [then]-vice president’s family and we should tell them to bank somewhere else'."....

In response, Gravano – who served time for racketeering and became a government witness against boss John Gotti – called Watters' rendition of the reports "incredible."

"It's mind-blowing. I don't understand how the country is just sitting back listening to these things and no action is being taken," Gravano said, adding other people might receive "22 lifetime sentences for this kind of stuff."

"We did things – I don't even want to compare. We're like choirboys compared to these people," the former mobster claimed. He added that by contrast, an unspoken rule of the underworld was to always protect the public.

Gravano said in that regard that New York was often safer when the mafia was in control of the streets – and that overall the city and cities like it have declined under a rise in unrest and discontentment, viewing the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting as a once-venerated event that has now been tinged by politicized riots.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone point out that Fox News cut away from Trump's speech where he said the 2020 election was rigged and stolen and said that it wasn't? Interesting how conservatives flex that Fox is the best when it makes a point to contradict the reality their leader espouses. I assume the defense is that Fox knows it was rigged, but they have to say it wasn't to protect themselves from evil liberal lawsuits.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 12:46 PM)pally Wrote: to be fair MSNBC is only marginally better from the far left.  As Fox and Trump grew crazily more popular they skewed more and more left with not as much success as Fox has had.  Granted Fox has been at partisan "reporting" and commentary far longer than MSNBC and does it with far less concern than MSNBC has had.  The polarization of the news audience, just like the electorate, and their desire to only hear their side is the biggest challenge for news organizations today.  CNN couldn't make up which direction to go so they still attempt, poorly, to staddle the middle ground.  That puts them far too liberal for the crowd that calls the Clinton News Network and far too pandering to MAGA for far too many on the left.  Any time any of the networks shows anything positive about the "other" side, the bases pounce with cries of sellout.

This is mostly true just like to add ABC is left leaning as well. CBS is only somewhat neutral organization left and they are slightly right leaning but ill take it
Reply/Quote
Fox news is just as real as professional wrestling and they are both entertainment forms only many people grow up and stop watching professional wrestling (some don't) Fox news is news entertainment much like the mindless waste of time Entertainment Tonight or the tabloids at the grocery store.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:16 PM)M.W. Wrote: Fox news is just as real as professional wrestling and they are both entertainment forms only many people grow up and stop watching professional wrestling (some don't)  Fox news is news entertainment much like the mindless waste of time Entertainment Tonight or the tabloids at the grocery store.

That's not a fair comparison.

Wrestlers actually have to work to sell their performances.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote