Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fox news convicted liars
Judge Eric Davis (I) granted Dominion voting machines a BIG victory in its motion for summary judgment in the blockbuster $1.6bn lawsuit against Fox News network, which the judge determined broadcast false statements about the voting machine company and conspiracy theories surrounding Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 presidential election. The court determined that statements made on Fox News were presented as statements of fact, not statements of opinion, for which Fox News is responsible.

The court also determined that Dominion is entitled to summary judgment for its defamation claims, but it will be up to the jury to determine whether “actual malice” is involved. “Actual malice” is the legal standard established by the US Supreme Court in defamation cases involving public figures alleged to have knowingly presented false claims with reckless disregard for the truth.  Judge Davis said it was CRYSTAL CLEAR Fox and their news anchors knew what they were presenting was false, but they did it anyway.  Judge DAVIS rejected Fox's First Amendment protections stating, "The constitutional right to free speech doesn’t automatically protect the spreading of false facts, especially bogus allegations of criminal conduct." “The evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that is CRYSTAL clear that none of the statements relating to Dominion about the 2020 election were true.”

So with Judge Davis granting Summary Judgement, he's said there is so much evidence Fox knowingly lied and presented false statements by spreading Trump's Big election lie there's no reason for a jury to determine that Fox lied b/c they admitted under oath they lied and presented things they knew were false.  Under sworn deposition, The Murdochs, Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and Lou Dobbs all admitted under oath,  they knew Trump was a liar but promoted his Big election lie to try and retain viewership from leaving over to OANN and NewsMax.  

Now the jury just has to decide how much of the $1.6 billion in damages Dominion Voting machines will receive.  We may see the end of FOX very soon.

This is a MIC DROP of a decision!  So it's no wonder why Murdoch's NEW YORK Post's front page a few months ago was: 
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhK_8NNXoAAAssG?format=jpg&name=medium
Reply/Quote
It's a judgment, not a conviction. I for one hope Fox goes away, and Trump goes to prison. Then we can proceed with normal political discussions.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's a judgment, not a conviction.  I for one hope Fox goes away, and Trump goes to prison.  Then we can proceed with normal political discussions.

Normal political discussions about how a man who is in prison has a decent chance of being elected president. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's a judgment, not a conviction.  I for one hope Fox goes away, and Trump goes to prison.  Then we can proceed with normal political discussions.

Correct, it's a summary judgment, which is as close as you can get to a conviction in civil court-- a conviction is a word for the criminal court, but I think the point is made here that Fox News is not a source of creditable news, they are liars,  and it doesn't need to be decided by a jury b/c Fox's brass and late night anchors all admitted they're liars. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:09 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Correct, it's a summary judgment, which is as close as you can get to a conviction in civil court-- a conviction is a word for the criminal court, but I think the point is made here that Fox News is not a source of creditable news, they are liars,  and it doesn't need to be decided by a jury b/c Fox's brass and late night anchors all admitted they're liars. 

I don't think they'll be going to jail, but I think there will be many folks looking for a new career now they're admitted liars. 

I was just pointing out the difference.  Conviction is criminal; judgment is civil.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was just pointing out the difference.  Conviction is criminal; judgment is civil.

I don't think they'll be going to jail, but I think there will be many folks looking for a new career now they're admitted liars.  I agree Trump needs to be charged with Treason for his big lie, attempting to overthrow our Constitution.

Trump will be forever known as: Benedict Donald the Traitor Trump. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:17 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I don't think they'll be going to jail, but I think there will be many folks looking for a new career now they're admitted liars.  I agree Trump needs to be charged with Treason for his big lie, attempting to overthrow our Constitution.

Trump will be forever known as: Benedict Donald the Traitor Trump. 

Fox News and Trump are not liars. I see you have the truth. I will tell you that you should respect our leaders and watch whatever news you want but don't accuse them of lying unless you have evidence. Innocent until proven guilty. Wait, you think guilty without even considering other possibilities. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 07:35 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Fox News and Trump are not liars. I see you have the truth. I will tell you that you should respect our leaders and watch whatever news you want but don't accuse them of lying unless you have evidence. Innocent until proven guilty. Wait, you think guilty without even considering other possibilities. 

Wait...are you serious?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:09 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Fox News is not a source of creditable news

There are no legitimate sources of credible news. All biased with a willingness to lie for their agenda.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 08:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: There are no legitimate sources of credible news. All biased with a willingness to lie for their agenda.

"Both sides do it"?

No difference between the NYT and Fox then, 

though the former fires reporters for lying 

and the latter fires them for telling the truth? 

Denial is not a healthy coping mechanism.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 07:35 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Fox News and Trump are not liars. I see you have the truth. I will tell you that you should respect our leaders and watch whatever news you want but don't accuse them of lying unless you have evidence. Innocent until proven guilty. Wait, you think guilty without even considering other possibilities. 

There is no evidence our "leaders" were lying about voter fraud in the last presidential election? 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:09 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Correct, it's a summary judgment, which is as close as you can get to a conviction in civil court-- a conviction is a word for the criminal court, but I think the point is made here that Fox News is not a source of creditable news, they are liars,  and it doesn't need to be decided by a jury b/c Fox's brass and late night anchors all admitted they're liars. 

Fox isn't reporting on this so far, because it's "ongoing litigation." So many of their viewers may be unaware of the suit and what it has revealed about the core Trump boosters at Fox . Meantime those boosters have become far more strident about Biden and Dems since the disclosure of the Hannity, Carlson, and Ingraham emails.  LOTS of airtime now devoted to Biden's failure to shoot down the Chinese Balloon and Jill's affront to all true winners of sports competitions. "Look whom you voted for, people!" Still much laughter and sneering at the Dem elites who look down on all of us and get away with breaking laws. Double standards, hypocrites. Tonight Tucker is slamming the disinforming NPR for telling people it's ok to be fat, and reporting on dumb stuff like trans people loving dinosaurs.  "Transcerotops" can you believe it? "NPR has always been kind of awful and unbearable," says Tucker. So much for "state media." 

Knowledge of the suit will peel off a few wavering, disoriented and disappointed near-MAGA viewers. 

But I don't think it will make much difference to the majority of the base, who will "know" this was a set up by a "swamp" out to get Trump.
RINOS like Barr may turn on Trump, but not them. 

Because of what they already "know" about the MSM, this will just mean--for a while--that ALL news is equally untrustworthy, especially the news sources that reported the truth about Trump all along. 

My liberal friends my think that the exposed commentators are now damaged goods with no prospects, but I doubt that as well. Just as Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart was rehabilitated--twice--for dalliance with prostitutes, so will their audience come back to them, because they know what that audience wants to hear. Just as they keep coming back to Trump, no matter how many investigations for rape, campaign violations, mishandling of classified documents, and sedition, the "haters" throw at him.

If it was never about truth in the first place, then things won't change much when falsehood is exposed.

If Fox folds I will cheer. That will be great for the country; but into the resulting vacuum will come another news entity, like an expanded Newsmax or OANN, to fill it, probably willing to hire Fox cast offs, or give air time to new and equally capable replacements. Or a damaged Fox could gradually be rebuilt, so that Americans will always have "alternative facts" and an alternative narrative to "balance" the more fact-based reporting of the MSM.

The demand is there. Created and schooled by Fox for two decades. Supply will follow, one way or another.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 08:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: There are no legitimate sources of credible news. All biased with a willingness to lie for their agenda.

They lie for our agenda.  They want money sure, but we are the ones who are buying bias by the buttload.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 08:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait...are you serious?

Well, I had good parenting growing up unlike many people here. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 10:59 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, I had good parenting growing up unlike many people here. 

You are lost.  I pity you.
Reply/Quote

Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson, and both Murdochs admitted under oath they Knowingly promoted Trump's big election lie and knew what they were saying was false, but it anyway to retain views like you from leaving to OANN and NewsMax.  WHAT ABOUT ADMITTING THEY LIED IN A SWORN DEPOSITION DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?  

A judge found them GUILTY and ruled Summary Judgement against them and now FOX will possibly owe $ 1.6 billion for promoting Trump's Big Lie. Dominion does not have to prove Fox lied b/c they admit they did.  All Dominion voting systems have to prove is "Actual Malice," to win $ 1.6 billion and sink Fox Big time. 

***WHAT ABOUT THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!?!?  GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR ARSE!!!  FOX ADMITTED, UNDER OATH THEY'RE FRAUDs!***  

Fox refuses to report this to their viewers, I wonder why?   I posted the court's ORDER granting Summary Judgement in favor of Dominion Voting Sytems over FOX.  I challenge you to take the time to Read the Court's order, the link is highlighted below.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/delaware-judge-rules-jury-will-hear-dominion-v-fox-defamation-lawsuit
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 08:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait...are you serious?

I think he does not know; probably has not followed the court case. It is not discussed on Fox.

Could be our discussion of the court judgment and factual record just sounds like more liberal "opinion" to him.

It's your opinion Tucker's emails state he thought Trump a fraud while giving air time to Giuliani and Powell's claims of voting machines
shifting votes. Or that Murdoch testified that keeping the lie going was about neither red nor blue but "green." 

If court records show Fox said it had to go with the lie to keep its audience, then it's just your opinion that's what the court records show.

Others can have different opinions.  Alternative opinions--> alternative facts.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2023, 12:14 AM)Dill Wrote: I think he does not know; probably has not followed the court case. It is not discussed on Fox.

Could be our discussion of the court judgment and factual record just sounds like more liberal "opinion" to him.

It's your opinion Tucker's emails state he thought Trump a fraud while giving air time to Giuliani and Powell's claims of voting machines
shifting votes. Or that Murdoch testified that keeping the lie going was about neither red nor blue but "green." 

If court records show Fox said it had to go with the lie to keep its audience, then it's just your opinion that's what the court records show.

Others can have different opinions.  Alternative opinions--> alternative facts.

That's why I posted the text of the actual Court's ORDER granting Summary Judgement in favor of Dominion over Fox. Pg 43 is where the Judge says, It's CRYSTAL CLEAR,  I'll post it again below:
https://www.lawfareblog.com/delaware-judge-rules-jury-will-hear-dominion-v-fox-defamation-lawsuit
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 10:59 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, I had good parenting growing up unlike many people here. 

Wow.  I guess you had poor teachers then because you never learned to read or think critically.

The entire OP of this thread is about a case where FOX knowingly lied on air.  Try starting from the top again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 08:47 PM)Dill Wrote: "Both sides do it"?

No difference between the NYT and Fox then, 

though the former fires reporters for lying 

and the latter fires them for telling the truth? 

Denial is not a healthy coping mechanism.

Good lord. Do you really believe this nonsense or are you still blindly supporting everything left?

Reply/Quote