Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchise move strategy
So I was thinking last night. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but tell me if this is way off. Does anyone think Marvin’s extension is Mike’s way of driving down attendance? I believe the stadium lease expires in 2026 and from the information I can gather, the people of Hamilton County will not get fooled again. Is Mike driving down attendance so he can justify moving the franchise to the other owners?

Tell me if you think this is possible or if I’m reaching. I’m just trying to understand the decision to extend Marvin. Mike has to know there will be a huge backlash and diminished season ticket renewals. Is he just stupid and stubborn or is there another motive behind his decision.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:16 PM)car91 Wrote: So I was thinking last night. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but tell me if this is way off. Does anyone think Marvin’s extension is Mike’s way of driving down attendance? I believe the stadium lease expires in 2026 and from the information I can gather, the people of Hamilton County will not get fooled again. Is Mike driving down attendance so he can justify moving the franchise to the other owners?

Tell me if you think this is possible or if I’m reaching. I’m just trying to understand the decision to extend Marvin. Mike has to know there will be a huge backlash and diminished season ticket renewals. Is he just stupid and stubborn or is there another motive behind his decision.

Thoughts?

We are not moving anywhere. Brown is stupid and stubborn, period!
Reply/Quote
He's unlikely to be alive in 2026 so I seriously doubt he's thinking that far ahead. His kids might, but I doubt it. 
I'm a fan of good conspiracy theories as the next guy, but not when they involve old dottarts thinking 9 years ahead when they probably won't be around. 
Too bad my old man didn't start the franchise instead. I would have moved the team to somewhere warm a long time ago..The Havana Commies! Viva la revolution.. oh wait..that's probably french..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they leave, they leave. I'm not going to stress about it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
With MBs indecisiveness, it would take him 5 yrs to choose where to move to...but IF he does decide to move, it will happen faster than a starving who're takes to get her clothes off.
Reply/Quote
So you think he’s trying to lose a bunch of money for the next 7 seasons?

Is this the same guy that we all complain about for being too cheap?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:58 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So you think he’s trying to lose a bunch of money for the next 7 seasons?

Is this the same guy that we all complain about for being too cheap?

He still has revenue sharing to fall back on.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:16 PM)car91 Wrote: So I was thinking last night. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but tell me if this is way off. Does anyone think Marvin’s extension is Mike’s way of driving down attendance? I believe the stadium lease expires in 2026 and from the information I can gather, the people of Hamilton County will not get fooled again. Is Mike driving down attendance so he can justify moving the franchise to the other owners?

Thoughts?

Not gonna lie, I've had flashbacks to the movie Major League.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Not gonna lie, I've had flashbacks to the movie Major League.

Nice!!!
Reply/Quote
The relocation fee alone is enough to keep the Clown family from ever leaving. Plus, you cannot drive a Lumina to England.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The London Bengals. The Mexico City Bengals. The...
Reply/Quote
He doesn't need an excuse to leave. That being said, the guy won't fire a 15 year failure because he's comfortable with him. Do you really think he'd be comfortable in a new city?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

hell with Cincinnati not paying their part on the stadium I think the bengals can claim breach of contract and leave.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Not gonna lie, I've had flashbacks to the movie Major League.

You mean you’ve had dreams of a mikey poster that you pull pieces of clothing from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The terrible, lazy, and cheap moves Mike Brown has made in the last 3 days really clash with the brilliant moves he has made for the past 26 years. Something foul is clearly afoot!
Reply/Quote
Logistically their isn't a good place to move? Columbus or San Antonio are probably top 2 options. Cowboys and Texans would blow a head gasket with San Antonio. Browns would potentially have a problem with Columbus.
Reply/Quote
If they move I hope a giant sink hole swallows the building as soon as ebenezer pops a squat in his new digs

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Logistically their isn't a good place to move? Columbus or San Antonio are probably top 2 options. Cowboys and Texans would blow a head gasket with San Antonio. Browns would potentially have a problem with Columbus.

We could move to St. Louis and see how eager than fan base is to latch onto what, their 4th NFL team?  Let's see....

1. St. Louis Cardinals
2. Kansas City Chiefs by default
3. St. Louis Rams
4. St. Louis Bengals

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: He's unlikely to be alive in 2026 so I seriously doubt he's thinking that far ahead. His kids might, but I doubt it. 
I'm a fan of good conspiracy theories as the next guy, but not when they involve old dottarts thinking 9 years ahead when they probably won't be around. 
Too bad my old man didn't start the franchise instead. I would have moved the team to somewhere warm a long time ago..The Havana Commies! Viva la revolution.. oh wait..that's probably french..

Don't have to be at the end of the lease......if the fans quit showing up.....or get to the point they demand he leave.  

I'm not saying I buy the theory.....but it's certainly a slight possibility.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:35 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You mean you’ve had dreams of a mikey poster that you pull pieces of clothing from?

......your mind wanders into some dark and disturbing places if that's what you got from that! Smirk

Reply/Quote