Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchise tag opens: Bengals?
(02-23-2023, 12:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could see us signing Bates, he is young and very good.

But if not another team will sign him for big bucks and we will get a 3rd compensatory pick in 2024.

If Bates goes elsewhere for the gazillion bucks he'll fall flat on his face, be injured the entirety of the contract EXCEPT during Bengals games when he gets at least 3 INTs per game.. Fortunately those games will be inconsequential, early season games and the team he signs with will tank like the Texans or Browns, sign 1st overall picks and still suck..  ThumbsUp   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 12:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could see us signing Bates, he is young and very good.

But if not another team will sign him for big bucks and we will get a 3rd compensatory pick in 2024.

Highly doubt it. We brought in Dax Hill because Bates didn't sign an already fair extension from the details which said a top 5 Safety 
contract at least that we offered him last Offseason. Bring back Bell and let Dax Hill play Bates spot and grow comfortable there.

Good luck Jessie, wish you the best. Should make a lot of money hopefully in the NFC. Same with Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 03:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That's kind of lame you are killing guys for going to make more money elsewhere. It's their career and profession. If someone wants to go leave and get theirs to take care of their families then more power to them. 

I haven't seen Uzi say once he regretted leaving. I work with people that have left our company for more money and have thrived since they've left.

Uzomah wanted NYC and the money. It was all a business decision but the FO made a much stronger financial effort to keep him than most realize.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 08:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: know its a joke but have been wondering if Crisman is the future for the Bengals or do they still need to be in the market for a punter ?

Not sold on him just yet 

he is inconsistent and keeps launching these "cruise missile" punts
need better options there
Reply/Quote