Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Francis Scott Key Bridge collapsed in Baltimore
(03-29-2024, 05:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think that message is getting twisted. 
Why is judging someone based on their character and merits a bad thing? 

??? Who says it is?

I posted links about a GOP congressperson linking a bridge disaster
to people who could not possibly be responsible for it, via DEI.

What's the goal there? I don't think it is judging someone based on their character.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 06:04 PM)Dill Wrote: ??? Who says it is?

I posted links about a GOP congressperson linking a bridge disaster
to people who could not possibly be responsible for it, via DEI.

What's the goal there? I don't think it is judging someone based on their character.

and i said he's basically an idiot, I didn't agree with him. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like insurance has found a way to get out of paying for the bridge (well at least capping their payment to 44M) using a pre-civil war law.

https://apnews.com/article/baltimore-bridge-collapse-liability-litigation-16de885948e769566e7181ffa35b1753

Their joint filing seeks to cap the companies’ liability at roughly $43.6 million. It estimates that the vessel itself is valued at up to $90 million and was owed over $1.1 million in income from freight. The estimate also deducts two major expenses: at least $28 million in repair costs and at least $19.5 million in salvage costs.

The companies’ “limitation of liability” petition is a routine but important procedure for cases litigated under U.S. maritime law. A federal court in Maryland ultimately decides who is responsible — and how much they owe — for what could become one of the costliest catastrophes of its kind.
Reply/Quote