Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack Wants 'Glass Eaters' On His O-Line!
(03-02-2022, 03:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Need Offensive Linemen that will eat Taco Bell.... now that takes bravery and a little crazy.

We need Olinemen that work at taco Bell because those dudes don't dive a damn...

Whenever I go I just say "Put $25 worth of food in the bag; it's all the same and you're going to get it wrong anyway". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:55 PM)pally Wrote: and he also said this

Of course they say that. They aren't going to air dirty laundry. Carman needs to get his act together this offseason and show he really wants to make a difference. His first year was meh at best...
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 04:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's all badass and everything, but that's what everyone wants. Finding them is the difficult part.

With the lateral agility of a CB, the anchor of Vince Wilfork, and the chest hair of Chuck Norris.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w-eKHVqK4q4
Reply/Quote
That center from the Bucs people keep insinuating we're getting is a glass eater for sure. But he's also good for a handful or two of personal fouls a year.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: LEX_200421HealthCareHeroesUKFootball06.JPG]

I don't know.

When it comes to O-line is it better to eat glass or have sex with logs?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know.

When it comes to O-line is it better to eat glass or have sex with logs?

Maybe he’s just into wood on wood action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Causes too many false starts...

Whenever I eat Taco Bell, I worry more about the false farts. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 06:14 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Whenever I eat Taco Bell, I worry more about the false farts. 

same thing in this case.
Reply/Quote
You could put Carman at LG and Spain at RG - Spain has played both Guard spots. Or re sign Spain and get proven vets for RT and RG so the kids can be developed properly with depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 03:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Glass-eater... sounds like it would hurt at both ends.

I mean, our OL was metaphorically bleeding out of their xsses after the SB. 
Reply/Quote
The last few years PA line’s sucked.Turner’s line’s sucked and 2 years (broken up) line’s sucked. Eventually you have to stop swapping coaches and look to player acquisition as the culprit. It's on Tobin and the scouts to me.

Brains/nastiness to me is greatly overstated. There have been too many that had both traits and that it’s an so antiquated.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 06:47 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: The last few years PA line’s sucked.Turner’s line’s sucked and 2 years (broken up) line’s sucked.  Eventually you have to stop swapping coaches and look to player acquisition as the culprit.  It's on Tobin and the scouts to me.

Brains/nastiness to me is greatly overstated.  There have been too many that had both traits and that it’s an so antiquated.

Yeah, Redmond comes to mind. He was nasty but he was also a penalty machine.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 06:47 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Brains/nastiness to me is greatly overstated.  

Nastiness is WAYYYY overrated.  You can be the nastiest player on the planet, but if you don't have strength and technique you will be useless.

Brains are UNDERRATED.  They have to understand not just their own assignment, but how the entire team works together to open running creases or protect a QB.  There is a good reason O-linemen are the players most likely to become coaches.

When we drafted Whitworth the coaches said it was based on his work on the whiteboard in the personal interview.  He blew them away with his ability to break down and analyze different blocking schemes against different defenses.

Whitworth also has amazing leadership skills.  He would organize meals and activities for the entire O-line to get them together in their "free time".  He felt these personal bonds were important to an offensive line because they have to work together as a unit more than any other position.  He looks like perfect coaching material, but I have no idea if he wants to.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Frank Pollack has come out and said that he wants "glass eaters on the offensive line," which just means that he wants bad dudes! He wants the kind of offensive line that comes out, scares defenses, and pushes guys around!

I LOVE it because it will also make our linemen know that they have to get more aggressive and more attitude! Let's also hope that free agent linemen see it and what to come here and play some gritty football!

It's what this team needs! Let's just hope that Pollack gets what he wants and Zac doesn't even DREAM of lining up in shotgun and running a draw on third and one again!

If you are talking about the next to last play that was not a draw play. Here you go big boy. Your welcome.
https://www.dummies.com/article/home-auto-hobbies/sports-recreation/fantasy-sports/fantasy-football/football-for-dummies-usa-edition-cheat-sheet-208626
Reply/Quote
Spain definitely fits that.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We need Olinemen that work at taco Bell because those dudes don't dive a damn...

Whenever I go I just say "Put $25 worth of food in the bag; it's all the same and you're going to get it wrong anyway". 

I've worked two fast food jobs in my lifetime, Taco Bell in high school and a Wendy's in college.  Taco Bell customers are by far the worst fast food customers I've seen.  I can still remember showing up for my first day at my first job at Taco Bell with a go getter attitude and wanting to do a great job and that getting completely crushed and stamped out within a week.  

The sheer amount of ways a Taco Bell customer will try to order nothing but meat and cheese on a soft taco shell is staggering.  Not to mention all the times their special concoction of "add this/no that" amounts to an entirely different menu item, but if you ask them if that's what they want, they say no.  Even better is when they order two different menu concoctions that are exact same thing, like "soft taco no lettuce add sour cream" and "soft taco supreme, no lettuce or tomato." And I don't know why the fxck they even bother to put combos on the menu because nobody ever actually orders the combo.  I mean, they order the combo because they want the discount, but they always want to swap out menu items, so it's not actually the combo at all.  If people only knew the number of times those poor bastards have an order completely made only for someone to yell back "That taco needs to be soft" they'd realize those people don't care if you get t-boned by an 18 wheeler leaving the parking lot, let alone whether they got your order correct.  It's been over 20 years and I still remember "Burrito Supreme, easy beans, easy meat, no lettuce, no onions, triple extra sour cream" lady.  I shouldn't, but I do.  I defy anyone to GAF at that job and maintain their sanity.  
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 06:47 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: The last few years PA line’s sucked.Turner’s line’s sucked and 2 years (broken up) line’s sucked.  Eventually you have to stop swapping coaches and look to player acquisition as the culprit.  It's on Tobin and the scouts to me.

Brains/nastiness to me is greatly overstated.  There have been too many that had both traits and that it’s an so antiquated.

I don't think nastiness is overstated at all. You have to have a certain mentality to play on the oline. Hell, Whit is the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet off the field but one he buckles the chinstrap the switch flips, just ask John Henderson and others.

I'll never forget what Hugh Douglas said about a promising, young, early round draft pick Eagles OT.

"If he won't bite as a pup, he won't bite as a dog" and that dude was his teammate (Winston Justice)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think nastiness is overstated at all. You have to have a certain mentality to play on the oline. Hell, Whit is the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet off the field but one he buckles the chinstrap the switch flips, just ask John Henderson and others.

I'll never forget what Hugh Douglas said about a promising, young, early round draft pick Eagles OT.

"If he won't bite as a pup, he won't bite as a dog" and that dude was his teammate (Winston Justice)

All true, great post Bfine. Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 03:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Need Offensive Linemen that will eat Taco Bell.... now that takes bravery and a little crazy.

I think half of them that played this year already do, cause they really stunk the place up
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 05:33 PM)bonesaw Wrote: That center from the Bucs people keep insinuating we're getting is a glass eater for sure.  But he's also good for a handful or two of personal fouls a year.

3rd and 20 are not so bad if Burrow has time it allows the play makers and Burrow to set records
Reply/Quote